Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattymick
The Magic Man
Loc: Buffalo, NY
Colonization Question
    #2505659 - 04/01/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

OK my jars aren't fully colonizing, I think that they stopped.  What is the longest that I should wait to be sure.  Also, if they did stop, what should I do?  What if I dump all the jars out in a tray and then cover that with plastic wrap really good.  Can I incubate that or is it pointless....give me a clue if you can...thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeknoJunkie
Pioneer

Loc: The Mountains
Re: Colonization Question [Re: mattymick]
    #2505693 - 04/01/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

are they just cubensis? in my experiences it's taken a month or so to fully colonize a jar that was inoculated with a spore suspension.

--------------------
:oogle:  :pacman: :tripping:

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Colonization Question [Re: mattymick]
    #2505794 - 04/01/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 23 hours ago)

if you have stalled growth, take any tape off the inocculation holes, and flip the jars upside down. this'll drain the co2 and hopefully give the mycelium more oxygen to colonize. failing that, the substrate might've dried out too much to colonize that spot. in which case, assuming you're sure its not contaminated, dunk/cold shock as per usual, and cut off the uncolonized section. this latter is really only for those problematic spots that are less than an inch or so in circumference/diameter/length. or cut it, then dunk it...shouldnt matter too much as long as its not contaminated and not on the cake when you fruit.

just remember to have patience, some will colonize, some wont, some will partially, some will contaminate. all chance, but as long as its not contaminated, you can still do whatever with it.

-jb

--------------------

Offlinebogart
handsomestranger

Loc: Uncertain, but I know my ...
Re: Colonization Question [Re: dysphoria]
    #2505997 - 04/01/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 22 hours ago)

dysphoria is right, stalled growth (without contamination) is a classic sign of suffocation... 'Shrooms, like people, need oxygen, and give off carbon dioxide. While higher levels of CO2 are needed during vegetative growth, you CAN stifle growth with too little air exchange. Either loosen the lids on your jars, or take off the tape, and flip them over. Then again, if your jars are younger than 3 or 4 weeks, just wait a little longer...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate