Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers * 1
    #25056328 - 03/11/18 01:40 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-drug-dealers-20180311-story.html

MAR 11, 2018

President Trump on Saturday again called for enacting the death penalty for drug dealers during a rally meant to bolster a struggling GOP candidate for a U.S. House seat here.

During the campaign event in this conservative western Pennsylvania district, the president also veered off into a list of other topics, including North Korea, his distaste for the news media and his own election victory 16 months ago.

Trump said that allowing prosecutors to seek the death penalty for drug dealers -- an idea he said he got from Chinese President Xi Jinping -- is "a discussion we have to start thinking about. I don't know if this country's ready for it."

"Do you think the drug dealers who kill thousands of people during their lifetime, do you think they care who's on a blue-ribbon committee?" Trump asked. "The only way to solve the drug problem is through toughness. When you catch a drug dealer, you've got to put him away for a long time."

It was not the first time Trump had suggested executing drug dealers. Earlier this month, he described it as a way to fight the opioid epidemic. And on Friday, the Washington Post reported that the Trump administration was considering policy changes to allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty.

But on Saturday his call for executing drug dealers got some of the most enthusiastic cheers of the night. As Trump spoke about policies on the issue in China and Singapore, dozens of people nodded their heads in agreement. "We love Trump!" one man yelled. A woman shouted: "Pass it!"

Trump was ostensibly here to inject some last-minute political capital behind Republican Rick Saccone, whose race against Democrat Conor Lamb could be a harbinger of the Republican Party's fate in the midterms.

But in classic Trump fashion, he quickly steered away from his main reason for being there. He touted his decision to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and boasted that it was something his predecessors couldn't do.

Trump also delivered a profane attack on the news media, calling NBC News anchor Chuck Todd a "sleeping son of a bitch" and deeming CNN "fake as hell," as the enthusiastic crowd booed at the mention of journalists and chanted "CNN sucks!"

And he rattled off several falsehoods, such as a claim that 52% of women voted for him in his presidential win (it was 52% of white women, according to exit polling).

The rally at an airport hangar in the Pittsburgh suburbs took Trump back to familiar political terrain and a base that carried him to a surprise victory in 2016.

Trump talked up his decision this past week to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports -- a move deeply opposed by congressional Republicans and the business wing of the GOP yet popular in this Pittsburgh suburb, the heart of steel country. Both candidates in the special election to fill the seat vacated by Republican Tim Murphy back the president's decision on the import duties.

"A lot of steel mills are now opening up because of what I did," the president told the crowd in this conservative district. "Steel is back, and aluminum is back."

Trump also warned allies in the European Union to "get ready for tariffs" and threatened to impose taxes on German automakers Mercedes-Benz and BMW.

Despite his allegiance to Trump, Saccone has underwhelmed national Republicans in this heavily pro-Trump district, and public polling ahead of the Tuesday election has shown Saccone neck and neck with Lamb, a former federal prosecutor and Marine.

For more than an hour before the rally began, Saccone stood near the entrance with his wife, chatting with people as they arrived. A number of people walked past, not seeming to notice or recognize him. Rally signs for the candidate were sparse.

Trump himself rarely mentioned Saccone during the first portion of the rally, saying he believed the candidate was "handsome" and deriding the Democrat as "Lamb the sham." But Trump also acknowledged that Saccone was in a "tough race" and urged his supporters to come out and vote.

"We need our congressman, Saccone. We have to have him," Trump said. Referring to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco), the president added: "The only chance she's got to become speaker is electing Democrats."

He finally pulled Saccone to the stage near the end of his 75-minute rally, as the candidate exclaimed: "If President Trump's in your corner, how can you lose?"

"Go out, vote for Rick. He'll never, never disappoint you," Trump said. "Vote with your heart, vote with your brains. This is an extraordinary man."

At another point in the rally, Trump also urged a crackdown on sanctuary cities and vowed to toughen enforcement at U.S. borders and to root out MS-13 gang members.

"We have to build a wall," Trump said. "For people, for gangs, for drugs. The drugs have never been a problem like we have right now."

He recalled his testy telephone conversation last month with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, which ended in an impasse over Trump's promised border wall and an agreement to scrap Peña Nieto's planned trip to Washington.

Trump said Peña Nieto asked him on the call to affirm Mexico's position that it would not pay for the wall.

"He said, 'Is it a dealbreaker?'" Trump recalled. "I said, 'Bye, bye. We're not making a deal.'"

Midway through the rally, Trump hinted that he may not run for reelection, yet he rolled out a new campaign slogan ("Keep America Great!") and took repeated swings at potential 2020 Democratic challengers, including Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), again pulling out his "Pocahontas" taunt. He also went after Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles), who has called for Trump's impeachment , a "low-IQ individual."

And he couldn't resist recounting his stunning electoral victory 16 months ago: "They said he cannot win, he cannot get — remember? - to 270. And we didn't! We got to 306."

The rally in Moon Township had originally been scheduled for mid-February but was postponed after the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Fla. The campaign statement announcing the new date did not mention Saccone; rather, it said Trump would come to Moon Township to tout the GOP's new tax law.

This was Trump's first campaign rally in more than three months, breaking his pattern of gathering with his strongest supporters as often as twice in a month. His last two rallies were aimed at helping Republican candidates in the U.S. Senate race in Alabama, although the president did not make those men the centerpiece of his comments.

On Sept. 22, Trump held a rally in Huntsville, Ala., to encourage his supporters to vote in the GOP primary for Luther Strange, who had been appointed to fill the Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions, now the U.S. attorney general.

While on stage, Trump acknowledged he "might have made a mistake" in endorsing Strange, who went on to lose the primary to Roy Moore, whom many of the president's supporters had endorsed.

Trump then backed Moore, continuing to support the former Alabama Supreme Court judge even as he was accused of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls when he was in his 30s.

On Dec. 8, the president held a campaign rally in Pensacola, Fla., not far from the Alabama state line. Although those close to Trump had said the president would not mention Moore during the event, Trump did just that, telling his supporters: "So get out and vote for Roy Moore. Do it. Do it. Do it."

Moore's Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, went on to win the race, becoming the first Alabama Democrat elected to the U.S. Senate in more than two decades.

Since those two rallies late last year, Trump has not held any official campaign rallies, although he did name his new campaign manager last month, Brad Parscale. But that doesn't mean the president has refrained from giving addresses that sound a lot like his signature campaign speeches.

Last month, Trump showed up at the Conservative Political Action Conference and gave an unscripted 75-minute address in which he attacked Democrats, mocked Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), encouraged campaign-style chants about locking up his political opponent and recited the lyrics of a song about a tenderhearted woman who cares for an ailing snake, a parable that he frequently uses to paint immigrants in the U.S. illegally as violent criminals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: nooneman]
    #25056455 - 03/11/18 02:27 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_unities

The pundits are forever trying to gauge whether someone is serious, or sane, even when they have told you all the how's and why's.

Invisiblewaves

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #25056464 - 03/11/18 02:31 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

:dumbass:

I can't believe there are so many people on this website who supported this guy.

Fucking morons...

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: waves]
    #25056506 - 03/11/18 02:55 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

Many believe the idea the US will eventually prove capitalism can work and will deter crime naturally in areas once heavily crime ridden to convert to one of the most liberal and safe places in the world. Sort of like how Ny used to be the murder capital of the world and now the life expectancy there is higher then anywhere else

However Trump seems to be trying to take us back in that opposite direction.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/98-countries-have-abolished-death-penalty/amp_articleshow/42493356.cms

Many countries have done away with the death penalty. Despite seeing the commercial value of places such as california and washington state that have legalised drugs and the benefits of decriminalisation Trump wants to go the era of George Bush and pursue the death penalty for drug offenders. What a ridiculously greedy power obsessed person that hates his own life so much that he does not have any problem taking someone elses life.

I guess all that money really doesn't make a person happy despite the millions of people who wish they were in his shoes and how grateful they would have been to be in his place and not want the power of the president etc.

I wish we could learn a lesson from the countries that have abolished the death penalty. Murderers may deserve horrible fates but murdering someone for murdering someone is no less a crime and a crime on humanity to make an example that such behavior is ok.

Now Trump wants to drag us back to the dark ages where a person who smokes a joint can get their head blown off. I for one would be less ashamed to be an American if he was not in power.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #25056645 - 03/11/18 04:25 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

That's cute.  You think the GOP can be reasonable.

They are hard core radical Christians.  Bible banging freaks.  Abominations of nature.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25056665 - 03/11/18 04:35 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

Champagne communism is not necessarily any more Biblical than welfare cheese communism.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: nooneman]
    #25056695 - 03/11/18 04:52 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

People in the United States would draw the line on that one.

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Barnaby]
    #25056811 - 03/11/18 05:47 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
People in the United States would draw the line on that one.

I thought Americans would draw the line at letting other nations interfere with their elections. I thought Americans would draw the line at a president who not only has been married several times but also had an affair that his lawyer paid off to keep it hidden. But most of all I thought Americans would draw the line at electing a paranoid insecure moron with delusions of grandeur to their highest office. But as Jim Lahey from the trailer park boys would say the real shit storm is yet to come.

:shitstorm:

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: rider420]
    #25057023 - 03/11/18 07:37 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Trailer Park boys.  If you watch that show wow.  Everyone thought and thinks that but will it be two or three years?

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Barnaby]
    #25057612 - 03/12/18 02:54 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Theres a lot more drug lovers and people who care about freedom than there are PARASITIC politcians.

I'd be careful where you go woth that Mr Trump.  We can remove the power from the system just like that if you do not work for the desires of the people then we will fade you out.

We are decentralising your communist centralised system of theft.  We are taking the rug out from beneath these politicans, bankers and arms dealers.

BYE BYE my friends.  Evolution has doomed you to the pathetic tyrant of history that you are.  Just think of all the good you could have done for your planet and species.  What will you be in 20 years but another forgotton ego maniac.  A tiny prick like phallic stain blip on the blip of history.  Remembered not at all.  As you have done nothing noteworthy or good for the planet or species.  A waste of energy.

--------------------
The secret to life is to put positive loving energy Into every thought and action you do <3
Be Aware. Believe. Be here now
Everything is a reflection of ones self.  Of God and you are God.  All is conscious.  All is consciousness. 
There is no death, only life. Your mission is to raise your vibration and every one else around you.
Open Your Mind!

OfflineFractalMind
Werewolf
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: LightRay]
    #25057635 - 03/12/18 03:26 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Well hurry up and do it already! Im ready to see these meth dealers and people who cut h with fent die. Cause thats what they deserve. Death. If you kill someone there are probably gonna be consequences. Time to diversify to things that dont poison the Family! Any one against this is a tweaker or a junky ans should move to a 3rd world country where they belong.

Step on crack, we'll break your fucking back.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Edited by FractalMind (03/12/18 03:28 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: FractalMind]
    #25058814 - 03/12/18 04:57 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

What's the difference between tobacco sellers, trans fat sellers and drug dealers?

The all sell the death the people wanted.

--------------------

OfflineMindfullinohio
Stranger

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25060221 - 03/13/18 10:04 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever choose tobacco over cannabis, fentynal over pure heroine, or processed foods over real food. This isn't the death people want. We could all live long and healthy with access to pure drugs and more organic food. Our culture is cornered with the legal commercialized consumption of poisons.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Mindfullinohio]
    #25060238 - 03/13/18 10:19 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
What's the difference between tobacco sellers, trans fat sellers and drug dealers?

The all sell the death the people wanted.

These are all state monopolies, enforced at gunpoint.

At some point (of the state's choosing) they have absolute control over all of the other vices, which you have mentioned.

Quote:

Mindfullinohio said:
I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever choose tobacco over cannabis, fentynal over pure heroine, or processed foods over real food.

Most people choose tobacco over cannabis. I have been in crap jobs, where everyone is wanting a break, every 5 minutes. I think, I was the only person on entire work crews, who didn't have a nicotine habit.  So, I'm calling that 'most people.'

Most of the state-approved pharm addicts see themselves as having higher social status than an injection drug user, or someone using hard street drugs, with the understanding that they are using something official and standardized. DIY is considered chickenshit or an inconvenience.

Speaking of which, almost noone eats real foods; that is boring.

It is ultimately a matter of free will, not utilitarianism.

People are risking a forcible confrontation, as a matter of choice. It's not a logic problem.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #25060500 - 03/13/18 12:48 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Durian, you always offer a worthwhile perspective, which does not mean I always agree with it. That being said, I happen to disagree with you on this matter.

On one hand you say that the state has absolute control over such vices and on the other, individuals ultimately have free will...? Let's take the tobacco example. I personally have spoken with MANY individuals who, while taking a drag off of their cigarette, confess that they would rather be smoking a joint if it wasn't so look down on, demonized, illegal, Etc. There should be N O QUESTION about whether or not the legal status of a substance interferes with the rights, and therefore Free Will, of the individual.

Even further on the point of the tobacco example, I've spoken with many people who smoke cigarettes BECAUSE they either used to smoke weed and can't anymore because of their job or something of that nature, meaning that they saw smoking cigarettes as something like the next best thing.

On the food example, I lived in Germany when the organic food craze was just exploding in the mid-2000s. They were able to raise the price because they know that wealthier people are going to go for the healthier option. When I came back to Houston in 2011, the organic food craze was already in full swing. Supermarkets like Whole Foods had reached a new level of popularity, to the point where stores like HEB, Kroger, Randall's, and the like we're now forced to offer organic options just to compete with Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

I actually live in Galveston County, which is a desert of healthy food options. That lack of options and my low-income combine to force me to eat way more fast food than I want. If I had the money and availability, or convenience rather, I would go for nothing but cooked delicious, organic, better food.

Convenience, in terms of distance, cost, not going to jail, has everything to do with freewill. People having to risk jail to partake in an inalienable right Is indeed a choice but not the liberated, enlightened kind. Possession of psychoactive substances is in itself a right and not a privilege.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #25060663 - 03/13/18 02:10 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

dwnlw2slw said:
the organic food craze was just exploding in the mid-2000s.

These people are being gouged by scalpers, to satisfy their emotion.

The same crops could be produced cheaply, by unwanted people, using Medieval means.

So, the status of these things, exists in your imagination, namely, due to an arbitrary price point.

If the grocer was more conniving, he could probably charge thrice the going rate, instead of just twice.

Quote:

dwnlw2slw said:
I personally have spoken with MANY individuals who, while taking a drag off of their cigarette, confess that they would rather be smoking a joint if it wasn't so look down on, demonized, illegal, Etc.

The cigarette, itself is looked down upon, and people, in hard situations, will struggle to get one. They are used as alternative forms of currency, even when under restriction.

One person (in security) asked me whether his red face made it look as though he was smoking crack. It sounded ridiculous to me, too. And, yes, he was. His personal drug of choice was not tobacco, although that would have been easier.

Another, in warehouse, said he could not mess up, on the job, ever again, as he was in an unfamiliar state (of the union) and would become homeless. He then took heroin out of a balloon and put that in his cig. He felt sleepy, did mess up, and did become homeless.

People will ultimately break the law, and common sense, as a matter of choice. Peoples' wants and emotions can override the gravity of their situation, for better or worse.

There is a bureau of ordinary, just plain tobacco, and, were you to sell it, without licensure or paying the duty, there could be a melodramtic raid, a la Eric Garner (who sold loose cigarettes.) Tobacco was smuggled, in colonial times, and people would pay the ultimate price, knowingly. 

Quote:

dwnlw2slw said:
People having to risk jail

With all due respect, my point was not about libertarianism (for once.)  They will risk jail, even imprudently. There is no cost / benefit analysis or calculated risk. It was hedonistic, selfish pleasure.

People have reportedly become millionaires, buying branded merchandise, at retail, and charging an obscene markup. Many people will give sacrificially, even to the point of self harm, when they are in love with some object, person, habit, or idea. They may pay any price or possibly do any wrong.

I think, the debt collectors, slavers, wardens, and exploiters are benefiting from that irrational kind of person.

That kind of person would resent you, for taking away their raison d'être, like a moth defending it's special flame.

Adams was attributed to have said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

They should also need to be practical or have some objective kind of morality, since freedom can be ruinous for the irresponsible, even when they are not weighing upon others.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: durian_2008]
    #25061510 - 03/13/18 08:35 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Durian, I'm studying horticulture. I know what goes into growing food. An "organic" label on a food product is not a farce. Organic food is justifiably more expensive in that it requires more labor and more knowledge from the grower.

I will probably address the rest of your post tomorrow or something.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #25061520 - 03/13/18 08:40 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

The real drug dealers will never be persecuted. Seems like another excuse to put more people in jail for longer periods and more deaths.

OfflineMindfullinohio
Stranger

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: durian_2008]
    #25062425 - 03/14/18 10:17 AM (6 years, 16 days ago)

It is not free will. Obtaining cannabis is literally impossible for me. And to re-instate, if given free will of choice, nobody would choose tobacco over cannabis.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trump again calls for death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Mindfullinohio]
    #25062838 - 03/14/18 12:40 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Mindfullinohio said:
It is not free will. Obtaining cannabis is literally impossible for me. And to re-instate, if given free will of choice, nobody would choose tobacco over cannabis.

I'm not sure about that last part of your statement.  Tobacco is way harder to stop using.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck