Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Adden] * 1
    #25025048 - 02/26/18 09:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The movie the Ritual.  The guys who know what they are doing as far as packing.  Looking at that picture paused.  That is perfect.  Just watching the movie now and looking forward to the Pacific Crest trail again.  This time, much better prepared.

It is amazing how large things that society deems so important become so small when you are in the wilderness for awhile.  A running stream is worth all the money in the world. 

Like the Native Americans said, the white man won't get nature until they realize that money was made by man and has no value unto itself unless their is a mutual agreement.  Look at the Germans and other countries having wheel barrios of cash that would buy one loaf of bread.

Trust in nature.  It is amazing and will take care of your health and psyche.  Bring on Spring and Summer and into fall.  Harsh teacher at times but what strength and wisdom it brings.:syringe:Just say no, lol. 

Let the weak die out.  Let those that thrive for live and wisdom live on and share their wildness and wisdom with others.  Nature will take over.  Look how it breaks down everything man made over time.  Go with it instead of against it.  Your screens like mine will not be in front of you forever.  Handy tool, but it is just that.  I wasted a year from my fathers death and now it's time to get back to what really matters to me.  All are welcome to help this earth, be in tune with it.  Cheap sex, entertainment, and lust for money is nothing.  Fuck all those who seek that as that time will quickly pass.

Build a future if you respect yourself at all.  There are many on this tiny globe from so many different cultures waiting to meet you.:chesire:  Paths taken, lol, and those not.  When you go through enough pain and searching their is joy and you come back to yourself and remember how short this life span is but the eternal aspect of it and your choices do matter.  With this earth and with your relationships to people, animals as well.  Truth is wonderful.

We all jump in and out of existence in our own lifetime and with others in our mortality.  Make the most of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDocDriz
Explorer

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #25038765 - 03/04/18 05:30 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Columbia Circuit Breaker

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: DocDriz] * 1
    #25054917 - 03/10/18 05:06 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

I just recently got a "5.11 tactical RUSH 72" backpack, it's pretty much a military style pack with the MOLLE webbing and so forth. I use it for various work and leisure related stuff and it seems to be rather stout. It has ample space and handy pockets/organization potential.

Offlinencalsurfer
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: idiotek] * 1
    #25149008 - 04/18/18 06:53 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I got a new pack last year! :laugh:

It's a ULA Circuit and it's already spent a lot of time wandering Northern California and the Sierras. Getting ready for my annual JMT section hike in July and can't wait! Many prep trips in the works to keep things dialed!

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: ncalsurfer] * 1
    #25149835 - 04/19/18 01:05 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The John Muir Trail.  I am jealous.  It's like a concert with people trying to get in but you just go through.  I say fuck them.  This summer is going to be amazing.  PCT but I might try to get in through there.  Passes be damned!  It's nature and I respect it.

OfflineTheScientificMethod
Psychonautic Explorer & Writer
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #25410114 - 08/24/18 02:04 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Just upgraded from the REI Flash 65 that I carried on the PCT to this HyperLite Mountain Gear bag for the Colorado Trail. Finished all 525 miles (the trail is only 486 miles, but I took some extra detours up some 14,000ft peaks along the way) yesterday.

Also worth mentioning, I was on trail for 26 days, and for 16 of those days I used psychedelics to try and use the trail to try to better understand myself, my connection with nature, the meaning of the universe, and that kind of thing. Learned a lot along the way and did a long, long, long write up about it. If you’ve got the time and you’re curious what would happen if you went hiking for 500 miles and ate mushrooms on most of those days, here’s your answer: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25409955

Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: TheScientificMethod] * 1
    #25754730 - 01/19/19 09:21 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

This is the bad mama jamma that carries my life for me every other week at work.  90L German brand called 'Vaude' that I got from craigslist.  Even had someones written address of a place in Germany.  Makes me think someone came to the states to backpack a trail and then left the bag.

--------------------
Walk where you like your steps

Edited by dodgem (01/19/19 09:21 PM)

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: dodgem] * 1
    #25755766 - 01/20/19 10:32 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It is wonderful.  Cops always want to search it in cities.:wonka:

OfflineShikamaru
Jounin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #26163762 - 09/01/19 12:07 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I love my SOG Backpack.  It has a deceptively large amount of space and plenty of pockets and straps for gear.  I use it when I go Biking, foraging, or shopping. 

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Shikamaru] * 1
    #26188536 - 09/14/19 05:30 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Didn't know they made bp,s ,have had a couple of their knives over the years

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineShifty_priorities
Dancing through obstacles
 User Gallery

Loc: The Big Magic Island
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Barnaby] * 2
    #26646225 - 05/03/20 03:01 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Reviving a dead thread to show off my backpack:

Osprey Kestrel 48. For me it's the perfect backpack in every way. If you have good gear and know how to pack (and make your own trail food) 48 is more than enough for 7+ days. I did the West Coast Trail last year, 7 days of long distance hiking with a starting total pack weight of 32 pounds.

That pack has been used and abused, soaked with mud, caked with clay, and still looks brand new. They are remarkably resilient.

You can't go wrong with an Osprey. I like the design of Deuter packs as well but no pack I've ever tried is as comfortable and well thought out as an Osprey.

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Shifty_priorities] * 1
    #26646657 - 05/03/20 06:06 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Looks great plus you say it is durable.  And looking for a new pack.  I go on three weeks or more journey trips.  This year is fucked up.  I don't know what the plans will be.  Do you know good trails that are open?  PCT is closed.  Been on it three years straight.  Wondering about the A.T.

Plus if you have a good recommendation for a decent tent between 100-150 U.S. I threw mine away out of frustration last Summer.

Edited by Barnaby (05/03/20 06:12 PM)

OfflineShifty_priorities
Dancing through obstacles
 User Gallery

Loc: The Big Magic Island
    #26651035 - 05/05/20 03:18 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I have an 8 day hike planned for June but all the trails are closed for the time being. Now we are looking at doing the Sunshine Coast Trail, or at least part of it, as it looks like its still open.

I've never done the PCT or AT but both are on my bucket list.

I highly recommend Marmot tents, I use a Marmot Limelight. At almost 7 pounds its too heavy for some long distance hikers but I love it and I have no problem with the weight. Its worth it for the quality and comfort of the tent. Try to get an older model as they reduce the prices a lot when new models come out.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Shifty_priorities] * 2
    #26998332 - 10/22/20 05:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Recently came across a great location just over the road from me for walking the dog; densely wooded and very few humans around. There's faint traces of paths but they're all overgrown so I decided to pop to the local supply store to see if they had a machete.

Well, wouldn't you know it - they had this little beauty sitting in the case waiting for me - all for the princely sum of $44!!

I'll put it to the test tomorrow, can't wait!

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinebling
Trans-female

Loc: Phillipines Flag
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: realfuzzhead] * 1
    #27140011 - 01/10/21 03:02 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

realfuzzhead said:
Are you an ounce counting Ultra light kinda person? Or are you like me and prefer to pack the kitchen sink?

My parents just surprise hooked me up with a new pack for getting good grades and just not being a "fuck-up" in general. I got an REI Mars 80L (4,800 cu. in). I'm going to packing all sorts of random comforts in this baby. I'm even thinking about bringing a full sized pillow on my 80+ mile trip, just  for the extra comfort.

(expands much more)

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Post your backpack! [Re: bling] * 1
    #27140967 - 01/10/21 10:31 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I really don't see the point of it.  They close off everything.:sad::shrug:

But at least I have my wonderful storage closet.  Hope is on the horizon!  Nothing but fun and people not threatening to shoot you if you are traveling in the wild and near the trails and them, will be glad when things are normal again.  Tired of it.  Missed my whole Summer but I get it. 

On with it and life.  Spring hopefully and buy a new one because I have so much extra fucking money stuck in my fucking apartment watching endless garbage on t.v.

Blah.

What I miss the most is the smell of the air, sitting on a rock on a high elevation and just, it is a different consciousness that no drug can replicate though many drugs are fun but get boring.  I need to hike and camp. 

It is January so wouldn't anyway but in Spring, if all this is still shutdown and fear.  I will accept it of course but I really am not afraid of it in the wilderness, the virus and it is just the people I fear. 

Will see in March and post a great backpack and a few pics, lol.  Watched Jungle and yeah, seeing there feet and those packs in the 80's, wow.  If anyone knows what it feels like to put blister lotion and bandage every toe under it, having to just sit and rest for a whole day to let one's feet heal a bit with toenails on the verge of coming off, that I don't miss.  But more of a high elevation hiker/camper long term term then jungels in Bolivia.  Great show though. 

Recommend it for like the in that book termed the tennis shoe hikers, still know one's limits.  Am the type to just get up and go and all that matters is a little bit of food but lots of water despite the weight.  If you are fit, you really need so little food, all about the water.  Nothing like finally coming across it when running low.  On with life.
:ilovedyou:  Forests.

Edited by Barnaby (01/10/21 10:53 PM)

InvisibleStanleyTheObese
    #27470026 - 09/15/21 10:39 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Cool bags!!
:borat:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male

#27582960 - 12/15/21 07:55 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I’ve been getting into ultralight as I prep for an Appalachian thru hike. My current pack is the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack. I used it on a recent section hike on the Appalachian. It’s an extremely comfortable pack. Love it.

https://www.rei.com/product/151849/hyperlite-mountain-gear-3400-southwest-pack

Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: Post your backpack! [Re: Supernova] * 1
    #27586796 - 12/18/21 11:43 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Supernova said:
I’ve been getting into ultralight as I prep for an Appalachian thru hike. My current pack is the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack. I used it on a recent section hike on the Appalachian. It’s an extremely comfortable pack. Love it.

https://www.rei.com/product/151849/hyperlite-mountain-gear-3400-southwest-pack

Those are bad ass packs man, you'll see quite a few thruhikers on the AT with them. I've got the zPacks ArcBlast (I think is what it's called). It weighs like 6oz and has a quasi 'frame' on it.

I made an attempt at the AT several years ago but pinched a nerve (chronic back issues for ~20 years) and had to pull out at the half way point....I can't wait to go get my payback on that trail lol. Good luck man it's a fucking blast!

Edit: FYI you'd be surprised what a big bag of mush in your pack will get you on the trail - hotels, food, beer/liquor, friends, good times. They're a hot commodity out there :thumbup:

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

Edited by bigfootscreepyuncl (12/18/21 11:51 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #27681586 - 03/03/22 09:09 PM (2 years, 25 days ago)

I still have my Gregory Shasta pack (see my response on the first page of this thread).  Its 25 years old now but hasn't been used in the last decade.  Now my 74 year old Uncle got a bug up his ass and wants to go backpacking.  His wife won't let him go alone so he has recruited me to be his backpacking buddy.  So I got the old pack out and dusted it off.  Bought a new sleeping bag and our inaugural 4-day trip is in May.  He wants to work up to doing a week in the Grand Tetons.  Works for me since I've never been there.

BTW, that 74 year old man will hike my ass into the ground.  He's a Marine veteran of Vietnam and still a complete badass to this day.  It'll be good to get my 50-something ass back into shape again.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale