Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelysergisybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

No mycelium growth after almost two weeks please help
    #25052330 - 03/09/18 05:56 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hi guys please help, its my first grow and after 1 week and 4 days still no mycelium, contamination or any changes at all since I have inoculated them. Sure that sounds a little unusual but still normal (from what ive read) but before you say “just wait and see” I have 8 jars with three different strains, and each from different vendors (spore syringe vendors). It doesnt make sense to me. Im really sad about this, like at least one of the strains/jars/vendors should have at least SOME mycelium growth after almost two weeks. If it helps I flame sterilized two of the three strains with a blowtorch and one with a normal lighter. (a few of the jars have a slight odor which I have read to be normal so at least those ones show something). and two of the jars have weird almost wet looking spot in them (not green mold or anything there is no color at all.) any ideas on what that is? maybe very early myc growth? And I do have them in the dark so I think thats ok and they seem to be at a decent temperature maybe a little cool but probably around 65-75 degrees. the picture I provided may not be easy to tell but it is one of the jars with a “wet/greasy” spot. Thanks guys I really appreciate it

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfinitysquared
Experimentalist
 User Gallery
Re: No mycelium growth after almost two weeks please help [Re: lysergisybin]
    #25052368 - 03/09/18 06:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Did you follow the tek to the tee?
Are there holes in the lid? What temp are they being stored at?
Could be multiple things causing it honestly. My guess is its contammed or just slow to grow mycelium. Id give it til Sunday even though I know you don't want to hear that.
If you see nothing by then might be time to open a jar up and smell. If it smells funky then theyre trash

OfflineDeradoorian
Researcher
 User Gallery

Re: No mycelium growth after almost two weeks please help [Re: Infinitysquared]
    #25052462 - 03/09/18 06:44 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

To me it looks like the substrate is packed down too tightly.
What grade of verm did you use? And is the substrate packed all the way to the top of the jar?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation