Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #25051850 - 03/09/18 12:27 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Send stormy Daniels. Make her work for her illegal hush money

They might have to send pence if mueller seizes Trumps passport as part of the bail agreement

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/09/18 12:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: sweeper54]
    #25051875 - 03/09/18 12:39 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

I don't really think the North Koreans are all that smart.  They are looking like a nuclear Iraq. 

NK is a fuck of a lot smarter then liddle dick. They've be pissing on the world for 60+ years. They know how to play the games.

nuclear Iraq ?

IF Iraq with Saddam was nuclear, as were the ambitions of Saddam.  What I mean is that NK has old Soviet and Chinese weapons.  They are not extremely modern.  Embargo's have that effect.  But they are a bit modern in the nuclear and really not even that modern.  I don't know how to date the sophistication of their devices, as us lowly puke civilians have no access to that data.  Not even sure if the CIA does but I'm sure it would be very important and worthy of knowing.

North Korea is going to go down like a rabid dog though.  Putting up a fight and ending with a whimper.  Having the Chinese is another theater in well...all pacific Asia theater at this point.

Better not throw your computer out just yet!

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25051927 - 03/09/18 01:07 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Embargo's have that effect. 

Do you have a reference? As far as liddle dick is concerned it had everything to do with NK and the sit down.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: sweeper54]
    #25051939 - 03/09/18 01:13 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

My reference is it made Iraq a lot easier to invade.  Iraq's or should I say Saddam's military was in shambles.  The embargo made it hard for Saddam to rebuild after his folly with Kuwait.

Embargo's hurt.  Cannot do legal business with one of those.  It's like economic and military probation.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: koods] * 1
    #25051946 - 03/09/18 01:17 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

XUL said:
And everyone was shit talking Trump for playing hardball.

Now we are having sit down talks.

Hah

trump is the worst negotiator in history. I hope they send a real adult not the man child

Thats not even remotely true

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25051980 - 03/09/18 01:29 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
NK isn't allowed to the table so how does anything get done without a starting point. Something has to break ice

Exactly but the usual suspects have to either say nothing will come of it or try to give obama the credit somehow if it does work out.

Appeasement aka obama did not work and made us look weak and foolish. Trump showed right away he means business. He tightened up sanctions and made them bite, even got china to go along. NK is starving, the end is in sight so he caves. He comes to trump hat in hand hoping to work something out.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25052058 - 03/09/18 01:52 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

you are one funny motherfucker, stone.

good stuff, man, good stuff.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25052174 - 03/09/18 02:46 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
NK isn't allowed to the table so how does anything get done without a starting point. Something has to break ice

Exactly but the usual suspects have to either say nothing will come of it or try to give obama the credit somehow if it does work out.

Appeasement aka obama did not work and made us look weak and foolish. Trump showed right away he means business. He tightened up sanctions and made them bite, even got china to go along. NK is starving, the end is in sight so he caves. He comes to trump hat in hand hoping to work something out.

We been down this road before. This time we have a moron negotiating. It won't end well. Mark my words

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: koods] * 2
    #25052183 - 03/09/18 02:52 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

XUL said:

Hah

trump is the worst negotiator in history. I hope they send a real adult not the man child

Right, you may not like him but he has negotiated billions of dollars of real estate deals. What have you negotiated that compares

Not liking the guy doesn't make him a moron. That's like the one skill Trump does have, negotiating

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25052231 - 03/09/18 03:06 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

XUL said:

Hah

Right, you may not like him but he has negotiated billions of dollars of real estate deals. What have you negotiated that compares

Not liking the guy doesn't make him a moron. That's like the one skill Trump does have, negotiating

:whathesaid:

He can't stand Trump is a billionaire and against all odds became US President.

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: sweeper54] * 1
    #25052288 - 03/09/18 03:36 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
I think liddle dick will fuck it all up. Unlike his meetings with the Dems and promising all kinds of things then retracting everything after his aids tell him he can't do that, on the international level he's not going to be able to flip flop. He's over his big fuck'n bald, combover head.

Historically, the US is the one that says "no talking until you don't have nukes". NK has wanted a sit down meeting for some time, but without giving up nukes.

Trump just offered them a sit down meeting without giving up nukes.

And then his aides flipped a shit and said "you can't do that".

Lol. Our president isn't even done patting himself on the back, and he's already backpedaling.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/never-mind-the-north-korea-meeting-trump-was-just-babbling.html

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Kryptos]
    #25052315 - 03/09/18 03:51 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Why should they have to give up nuclear capabilities when the entire rest of the world has them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the government tied Trumps hands on this
I personally think diplomacy without the denuclearization stipulation is step one.

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25052323 - 03/09/18 03:54 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

It's been US policy towards NK for nearly a decade. No talking until you give up nukes.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #25052336 - 03/09/18 03:59 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Yea it's a dumb policy set in place to avoid any progress.

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25052339 - 03/09/18 04:00 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of the conservative premise of "Well, Obama couldn't get them to sit down, BUT TRUMP CAN MAGA!"

EDIT: I'd also add that while concessions are an important part of any negotiation, I really don't think that making concessions before you even sit down is the mark of a good negotiator.

Edited by Kryptos (03/09/18 04:05 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #25052355 - 03/09/18 04:06 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Yea that is ridiculous. Every other president and administration's state department wanted to treat NK like a kid.
I would like to give the benefit of the doubt that Trump knows why America wants NK to denuclearize and what the outcome for NK would be if they finally caved. And knows that trying to get them to accept that outcome willingly before talking is ridiculous.

And that only citizens in the US are worried about NK nukes. I'm guessing there's really a near zero threat level in actuality. Unless they're testing crap missles on purpose and stockpiling ones that actually work somewhere else.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25052419 - 03/09/18 04:29 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

It seems Trump is backing down from the meet.  I was wrong... I thought it would be Kim who was more likely to back out. 

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#25052439 - 03/09/18 04:36 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Why should they have to give up nuclear capabilities when the entire rest of the world has them.

I personally think diplomacy without the denuclearization stipulation is step one.

Actually there are only 9 countries with nukes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

I think you START simple and tell them to release the 3 Americans, then you will get our attention and we'll talk about the possibility of a meet.

You talk down to them Superpower to rogue nation, you don't treat them as an equal.

OfflineHerbalPotion
Dreamer
Male

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: Skellies]
    #25052442 - 03/09/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Who knows man.. But how amazing would it be for them to have peace and everyone just respect one another.. Its definitely possible but the way things are headed it doesn't really seem that way..

--------------------
~ vision without execution is just hallucination ~

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Peace with North Korea? [Re: HerbalPotion] * 2
    #25052498 - 03/09/18 04:58 PM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Yea that is ridiculous. Every other president and administration's state department wanted to treat NK like a kid.
I would like to give the benefit of the doubt that Trump knows why America wants NK to denuclearize and what the outcome for NK would be if they finally caved. And knows that trying to get them to accept that outcome willingly before talking is ridiculous.

And that only citizens in the US are worried about NK nukes. I'm guessing there's really a near zero threat level in actuality. Unless they're testing crap missles on purpose and stockpiling ones that actually work somewhere else.

The ones they test seem to work fine...As for why only US citizens seem to be afraid, that's a good question. I think it can be answered in one of two ways: (1) no other country in the world is poking NK with a stick quite as much, therefore NK has no reason to nuke them (iffy) or (2) the US population is just irrationally afraid of everything lately.

Personally, I go with number 2. Everyone around me seems afraid of something, not just on these forums (immigrants, HALP!), but in real life as well. Everyone seems to be absolutely terrified of everything. Immigrants, science, vaccines, nukes, war, peace, money, whatever.

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Actually there are only 9 countries with nukes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

I think you START simple and tell them to release the 3 Americans, then you will get our attention and we'll talk about the possibility of a meet.

You talk down to them Superpower to rogue nation, you don't treat them as an equal.

How does a superpower talk to a rogue nation? What do you propose? Shall we Iraq it up and start delivering 50 kiloton airbursts of American Freedom over their population centers?

Quote:

HerbalPotion said:
Who knows man.. But how amazing would it be for them to have peace and everyone just respect one another.. Its definitely possible but the way things are headed it doesn't really seem that way..

Amazing, yes, but there are some many people that just want more. More than the neighbor, more than the relative, more than the friend, more than the world.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom