Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJourneyToAbyss
Stranger
 User Gallery

So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do
    #25050020 - 03/08/18 07:14 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ok,so my dog sparky has just started dabbling in mushroom cultivation. He tried cakes first and ended up spawning them to bulk and they are fruiting nicely. Only problem is,since the jars colonized,sparky went crazy buying 1ib bags of pre-pasteurized rye grain and inoculated about 13 bags with four different strains and they are all coming along well. Why is this a problem you ask? I only have two fruiting chambers and they are both in use atm. I still have a couple weeks before the first few bags are colonized. But the question still remains. What is to be done with all of this spawn? Sparky did not think one could have this problem.

Also gonna sneak a little side question in here that Sparky can’t find a straight answer or a well enough worded version of the question so here goes. Up to this point sparkys method of casing has been to mix 2 half pint jars of brf with one 1b bag of pasteurized manure base substrate. (So basically 1/1 ratio spawn to substrate. Now I know that it would take longer to colonize but wouldn’t it have the potential for a greater yield if I used a 1/2 spawn/substrate ratio? Thank you and all answers are appreciated. Sparky thinks it’s pretty cool that he’s gotten this far and this is his very first question he’s had to actually post himself

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

Re: So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do [Re: JourneyToAbyss]
    #25050046 - 03/08/18 07:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

How did sparky type the post to ask the question, if you started it with "ok, my dog sparky"?

OfflineJourneyToAbyss
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do [Re: Leftfield420]
    #25050102 - 03/08/18 07:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Sparky can’t type

OfflineLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

Re: So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do [Re: JourneyToAbyss]
    #25050221 - 03/08/18 08:33 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

That my dog sparky shit needs to go...you're growing them not your dog....grow some balls, we are all here doing the same shit....

OfflineNosmoKing
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do [Re: Leftfield420]
    #25050227 - 03/08/18 08:35 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Somebody posted a thread about putting trash bags in a cardboard box to make an FC.

Edited by NosmoKing (03/08/18 08:36 PM)

OfflineJourneyToAbyss
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So much grain spawn I don’t know what to do [Re: NosmoKing]
    #25050239 - 03/08/18 08:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry man. I been reading up on this so much I don’t know how I didn’t find out swimming was a thing.
But I’m going to make more fcs in the near future and just focus on what I’ve got and quit going crazy knocking shit up left and right. Very first flush ever has commenced about 3 days ago and I can only say thanks to all you guys at shroomery and it sucks that my first post ended up being your typical noob post. I’ll do better next time

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started