Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
here's a little something to chew on
    #2490032 - 04/01/04 02:58 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

we all know pretty much all the basics when it comes to atoms right? (what particles they're made of, how they're arranged, general sizes, so on and so forth) but have you ever wondered about what exists inside an atom?...as in what exactly is going on in between the nucleus of an atom and all of it's various electron clouds

take this page for instance

according to that there's a whole lot of suposedly 'empty' space between the proton of a hydrogen atom and it's electron...but what exactly is that empty space - is it just some void, or do you think maybe there just might be something there that we're just not able to 'see' (much in the same way that we couldn't see atoms themselves for quite some time)

is it possible that this so called 'anti-matter' that everyone insists must be out there *somewhere* might just be hidin right under our noses...nested within the very fabric of our cosmos (only in such a way that we haven't yet been able to scientifically detect it)

or is it all really just a bunch of subatomic particles dancing and swirling about in some mysterious emtiness that has no real effability

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #2492106 - 04/01/04 04:01 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Interesting. Unfortunately mathematics own me. Back to studying  :nonono: :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Edited by daba (04/01/04 04:01 AM)

Invisiblemr crisper

#2498521 - 04/01/04 07:14 AM (20 years, 23 hours ago)

i think it is interesting to consider protons and electrons are not solid, they are nothing more than the peaks of a vibration.
bzzzz

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2502231 - 04/01/04 09:19 AM (20 years, 21 hours ago)

anti-matter is everywhere. It is the yang of the universe

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2502642 - 04/01/04 09:37 AM (20 years, 21 hours ago)

Maybe this will help you understand. :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: Shroomism]
    #2502857 - 04/01/04 09:46 AM (20 years, 21 hours ago)

Anti-matter is not everywhere. Whenever an anti-particle and particle come in contact they are mutually annhilated in a spectacular flash of energy. One of the great mysteries of physics concerns the enormous preponderence of matter over anti-matter in the universe

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2502962 - 04/01/04 09:50 AM (20 years, 21 hours ago)

I meant everywhere as in consistently throughout the universe.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2503184 - 04/01/04 09:59 AM (20 years, 21 hours ago)

I am getting sea-sick! Vertigo has my stomach churning - thanks a bunch. Urrmpphh!  :frown: Ah, be right back....

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2504884 - 04/01/04 11:11 AM (20 years, 19 hours ago)

The concept behind the theory of the atom was created in ancient Greece. 'Seeing' it was just proving the theory was right.
About the empty space, i guess that's just it, empty space at the possible smallest scale.
Regarding the issue of anti-matter, well, the absence of matter is not anti-matter, it's just void. There are many theories about anti-matter, basically i believe it has the same structure as matter but with opposite elements and an opposite charge.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
    #2505640 - 04/01/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 18 hours ago)

What does "effability" mean?

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: MAIA]
    #2505644 - 04/01/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 18 hours ago)

I think it's truly great that a lot of the threads here on S&P are related to physics. Now if you all will go out and try to actually read stuff about it you will be amazed. Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" should be required reading for all philosophers and spiritualists. It's not that forbidding and has no math

--------------------

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

#2506039 - 04/01/04 03:25 PM (20 years, 15 hours ago)

Yeah books are the only sure-fire way to get some real understanding...lots and lots of books. A good one: The Hole in the Universe by KC Cole. she talks about "nothing," the most bizzare and elusive entity of all. Every time the void seems tangible, new and stranger things are discovered in its place like strings or black holes or even other universes. it's there, whatever it is...we are jsut missing a bigger picture, something to sum it all up. Hawking's explanations, though hard to understand at times (i think) are probably the best place to start if you are interested in this like as a hobby (as i am!)

Matter over antimatter is definitely interesting...something near the time of the big bang caused a flaw or fluctuation in the nothingness, making it so that some matter was able to stick around. though it is highly unprobable, if you met your antimatter self today, you would (inevitably?) collide with yourself and both would be destroyed.

Edited by Eschalt (04/01/04 03:29 PM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2506210 - 04/01/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 14 hours ago)

Scientist still dont know what 80% percent of the universe is composed of. Isnt that freakin' weird? That means that according to science we are only aware of less than 20% of the universe, in other words. We can only define matter at this momment, the rest of the 80% is uknown.

--------------------

Offlinesherlockalien
Stranger
    #2506721 - 04/01/04 05:02 PM (20 years, 14 hours ago)

actually I don't like hawking's style of writting so much.. I would recommend Michio Kaku for some insight on superstring theories or Kip Thorne for black holes and similar relativistic approaches instead...
Tao of physics by fritjof capra is kinda old now, but nice to read too..

Btw.. I think I read about why the electrons are so far away from the nucleus, but I dont remember right now.. maybe it's simply the centrifugal force of it's velocity?

What are particles (e.g. electrons, protons, neutrons, etc?).. Well Quarks, for example.. But there are also many other elementary particles that are predicted in the 'Standard Model', like neutrino, gluons, etc. But whatever it is, what is interesting is the wave/particle duality, and the similarity between philosophy and modern physics.

Actually it's not that they don't know what 80% of the universe is composed of. It's that the universe's shape only works mathematically if what we saw is only 20% of the total mass. But what things are composed of is known, for everything scientists observed so far..

Maybe the key lies in the different degrees of 'materiality'. We have instruments (and physical senses) that limit us to perceive whatever they are affected by. But it is possible that there is anything that affects different aspects of our universe, other than what our instruments/senses perceive, which would be physically explanable and yet un-testable. (e.g. how we couldnt understand/see a fourth dimension of space)

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #2521369 - 04/03/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I guess I just have a tough time accepting the concept of a void...the universe appears to be far too efficent to leave any 'empty' spaces (regardless how small)

so maybe I was wrong in suggesting 'anti-matter' but it still seems like *something* should be there

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2522722 - 04/03/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think the space between it all is the force that runs it all

OfflineGeeno
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: sherlockalien]
    #2524044 - 04/04/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think this is because the universe isnt mathematical, its geometrical. Mathematical to an extent but only describing the geometry of it.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: here's a little something to chew on [Re: Geeno]
    #2524677 - 04/04/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i tend to think nothingness, by definition, is only a concept. it doesnt really exist, and everything in the universe is infinite. including the universe. otherwise? you have the problem of defining nothingness, and describing what is "outside" or "holding" our universe. like, what is the border. and whats beyond it, more universe? of course!

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder