Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
Re: ~Need opinions from some of the big dogs~ [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25038832 - 03/04/18 06:01 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Super disappinted so far :'( I've ended up with just a dried ounce and a half out of 4 qts of clone spawn... I've had better results with 2 bacterial quarts then these 4, I'm hoping for a monster 2nd flush to redeem this shitty 1st one.

I thought for sure using more spawn would equate to more mushies but it just wasn't the case on this 1st flush. I mean shit people are pulling bigger flushes out of 2:2 shoeboxes then I got outta my 4.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039837 - 03/05/18 07:11 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

That does seem a bit off. Going back through the thread everything was fine. IDK...Shitty genetics maybe? :shrug:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Re: ~Need opinions from some of the big dogs~ [Re: Tormato]
    #25039865 - 03/05/18 07:40 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
That does seem a bit off. Going back through the thread everything was fine. IDK...Shitty genetics maybe? :shrug:

I'm really not sure either man, the clone I originally took was a good size fruit! Dried to 3 grams alone. Only thing I can honestly think may be the case here if it isn't just shit genetics is that my cvg mix was a little wetter then feild capacity and I was also misting to maintain surface beads of moisture in hopes of an explosive pin set.

Maybe the 2nd flushes will redeem it if the water content was in fact to high to start. If not I'm going to use up these last 10 jars of g2g spawn from this variety and go with pesa, gt, or AA+! Maybe even the lgt print from madhatter420 cause his grows are sick as fuck! But I need something that's gunna be more worth my time and efforts cause less then 50 grams from 2 grows is shit to me.. complete shit.

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25039938 - 03/05/18 08:29 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Super disappinted so far :'( I've ended up with just a dried ounce and a half out of 4 qts of clone spawn... I've had better results with 2 bacterial quarts then these 4, I'm hoping for a monster 2nd flush to redeem this shitty 1st one.

I thought for sure using more spawn would equate to more mushies but it just wasn't the case on this 1st flush. I mean shit people are pulling bigger flushes out of 2:2 shoeboxes then I got outta my 4.

I usually get away with small amounts of spawn however it's all about experimentation. Could be a bad clone? Who knows. What strain did you use? Some strains are bad on first flushes and comeback much stronger on that 2nd, like B+. I'm sure your 2nd will pull a fat yield. Theres no way 4qts whether it's clone or MS will pull that little. Keep us updated.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25039942 - 03/05/18 08:34 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

so 4qts spawn, 4 qts coco in a shoebox?
or 2qt spawn 2qts coco for 4 total?

got a dehydrator right?

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039965 - 03/05/18 08:55 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Nice work dude.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Re: ~Need opinions from some of the big dogs~ [Re: mushboy]
    #25040173 - 03/05/18 10:41 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

so 4qts spawn, 4 qts coco in a shoebox?
or 2qt spawn 2qts coco for 4 total?

got a dehydrator right?

No no no I must have worded this all fucky but what I mean is people are getting bigger flushes from 2 quarts of spawn in a shoebox then I got out of the total of 4 quarts i used between the tupperware and tray.

And logic I love that pic you made lol.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Re: ~Need opinions from some of the big dogs~ [Re: grow4fun]
    #25040182 - 03/05/18 10:44 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

I usually get away with small amounts of spawn however it's all about experimentation. Could be a bad clone? Who knows. What strain did you use? Some strains are bad on first flushes and comeback much stronger on that 2nd, like B+. I'm sure your 2nd will pull a fat yield. Theres no way 4qts whether it's clone or MS will pull that little. Keep us updated.

The clone variety is huatula and I've had pretty good 1st flushes from it with ms before.

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25040278 - 03/05/18 11:34 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

The clone variety is huatula and I've had pretty good 1st flushes from it with ms before.

I was literally about to innoc some jars using Huatla MS that I got for free last night, but I did read (little info on this strain) that it is very slow at producing pins so I went with Amazonian, what a coincidence.

I bet they will come along fine, just wait it out. :biggrin:

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25040339 - 03/05/18 11:59 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

I was literally about to innoc some jars using Huatla MS that I got for free last night, but I did read (little info on this strain) that it is very slow at producing pins so I went with Amazonian, what a coincidence.

I bet they will come along fine, just wait it out. :biggrin:

Pes amazonian is some of the biggest, most dense fruits I've grown to date! You made the right choice!!

I'll probably finish up this huatula master grain jar and be done with the variety for a while! They are potent though so that's a plus.

Oh and I just realized that the 1st pic in my sig is from the first time I used that seedling tray with ms and grow kit pre made sub.. My grains at the time were bacterial as fuck also and I managed close to 3 ounces 1st flush with that :/ idk but I need more mushies!!

Edited by Shrooms4life (03/05/18 12:01 PM)

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25040394 - 03/05/18 12:38 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Pes amazonian is some of the biggest, most dense fruits I've grown to date! You made the right choice!!

I'll probably finish up this huatula master grain jar and be done with the variety for a while! They are potent though so that's a plus.

Oh and I just realized that the 1st pic in my sig is from the first time I used that seedling tray with ms and grow kit pre made sub.. My grains at the time were bacterial as fuck also and I managed close to 3 ounces 1st flush with that :/ idk but I need more mushies!!

Hopefully the Amazonian works out good. I'm sure it will, has many positive reviews.

So you have grown huatla and tried them before? I was going to try to grow them strictly for the rarity and supposed "spiritual" trip it produces, I'll use it someday.

In that first pic, was that huatla? Looks like a nice even pin set from what I can see. Three ounces for a 27qt tub is a good flush imo. Was it MS? If so, even better. Also, what did that premade sub consist of?

Nice collection of rigs in the back by the way, use that reclaim. :rockon:

Edited by grow4fun (03/05/18 12:39 PM)

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25040413 - 03/05/18 12:51 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

Hopefully the Amazonian works out good. I'm sure it will, has many positive reviews.

So you have grown huatla and tried them before? I was going to try to grow them strictly for the rarity and supposed "spiritual" trip it produces, I'll use it someday.

In that first pic, was that huatla? Looks like a nice even pin set from what I can see. Three ounces for a 27qt tub is a good flush imo. Was it MS? If so, even better. Also, what did that premade sub consist of?

Nice collection of rigs in the back by the way, use that reclaim. :rockon:

No I got close to 3 ounces from that black seedling tray with humidity dome, and yes that was from a bacterial ms run. I used 2 pounds of rye to 5 pounds of a vendors bulk substrate.

And I have noticed some pretty spiritual trips with them, more likely then not I end up in ancient Egypt a lot on these.

Edited by Shrooms4life (03/05/18 12:59 PM)

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25040602 - 03/05/18 02:25 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
No I got close to 3 ounces from that black seedling tray with humidity dome, and yes that was from a bacterial ms run. I used 2 pounds of rye to 5 pounds of a vendors bulk substrate.

And I have noticed some pretty spiritual trips with them, more likely then not I end up in ancient Egypt a lot on these.

Maybe try a 1:2 ratio if you got a fat yield from 2lbs to 5lbs sub. What size is the seedling tray though, that's what I meant, it appears it has a big surface area.

Anyway, I'll be checking in to see this 2nd flush.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25041615 - 03/05/18 09:08 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Here is an update of the 27qt mini mono and the shoebox, with that pinset from 4:4 ratio on the 27qt it's not even looking like 2 ounces worth at this point :frown: time shall tell...

And I'll take measurements of the seedling tray tommorow for ya but it's guesstimate size is 3in deep, 2ft long by 1ft wide.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25044619 - 03/07/18 06:33 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

It's amazing what 24 hours and some open air fruiting will do to a couple tubs.

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #25046124 - 03/07/18 02:40 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Re: ~Need opinions from some of the big dogs~ [Re: kanemush]
    #25047935 - 03/08/18 06:16 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Lol thanks kane I try :wink:

So it's about harvest time for the mini mono! I've pulled 154 wet grams so far from the fast boys, so it came to my conclusion that at same point in the grow my shoebox and mini both got matted mycellium from too wet/ dry back and forth :frown:

I'm going to work harder and try paying more attention to surface conditions for those big pinsets! Enough babbling though here are this morning's pics! I'll either have my woman cut them when she wakes up or I'll let them just spore splode till I get off work and start choppin dem trees :wink:

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25048038 - 03/08/18 07:57 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Lol thanks kane I try :wink:

So it's about harvest time for the mini mono! I've pulled 154 wet grams so far from the fast boys, so it came to my conclusion that at same point in the grow my shoebox and mini both got matted mycellium from too wet/ dry back and forth :frown:

I'm going to work harder and try paying more attention to surface conditions for those big pinsets! Enough babbling though here are this morning's pics! I'll either have my woman cut them when she wakes up or I'll let them just spore splode till I get off work and start choppin dem trees :wink:

I see some nice pins. :thumbup:

I left my space heater on all last night by mistake, hopefully it didn't do any damage to my tubs or jars.

How come your tubs dry out quickly for you to have to mist frequently? What are your room temps? Usually tubs are set it and forget it, when I use monotubs I don't really give a lot of maintenance, mist once, twice a day sometimes I don't even mist. I'll just spray the walls of the tubs and lightly mist the substrate and it always works out in my favor.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25048119 - 03/08/18 09:10 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

I have no idea man, could be I'm growing in a small walk in closet with a space heater keeping the temps between 73-75 drying out the air and therefore drying out the tubs faster then I can care for them while at work? No idea brother! If I knew trust me I would fix it.

And there is no new pins in those tubs they will all be aborts.

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25048155 - 03/08/18 09:31 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
I have no idea man, could be I'm growing in a small walk in closet with a space heater keeping the temps between 73-75 drying out the air and therefore drying out the tubs faster then I can care for them while at work? No idea brother! If I knew trust me I would fix it.

And there is no new pins in those tubs they will all be aborts.

Small work space has nothing to do with it. Honestly small spaces are better, easier to control ime. I've had 8 54qt and 1 64qt growing in a closet which is smaller at one time, everything was good lol. Your temps are good. What is your room humidity looking like? Maybe get a small cool mist humidifier and a timer for it as well. I'm sure someone can chime in their two cents.

All I can say is if you notice them drying out give a nice mist to the walls and sub. Also use a fan a couple times a day in that closet to move the air around a bit.

Edit: they don't look like aborts, are we looking at the same pic?

Edit2: I just notice your 1 pic there, why is the substrate shrinking that much, is that 1st flush? if so then yes they are drying out way too quick. Usually 4th flush the sub is a little bit away from the walls for me.

Edited by grow4fun (03/08/18 09:34 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom