Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemember69
Stranger

opinion on brf cakes and a substrate grow * 1
    #25047419 - 03/07/18 09:06 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

is it normal for a brf cake too look a tiny bit fluffy? does mycelium puff out a little bit as it dries? im a noob and dont exactly have the eye to tell the difference between white mold and mycelium yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: opinion on brf cakes and a substrate grow [Re: member69]
    #25047641 - 03/07/18 11:15 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

the cakes look fine. I'd keep an eye on that bulk sub. now quit handling the cakes except to harvest and you'll be good to go :super:

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlinekapps
Stranger
Re: opinion on brf cakes and a substrate grow [Re: Ziran]
    #25047907 - 03/08/18 05:50 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
the cakes look fine. I'd keep an eye on that bulk sub. now quit handling the cakes except to harvest and you'll be good to go :super:

Would say the same. Cakes look good. Bulk substrate is kind of ok, but not totally clear yet. Mold/cobweb is usually considerably fuzzier than healthy cubensis mycelium and it has a light grey color instead of pure white. Take a bright LED flashlight (or any other source of cold bluish bright light) and point it on your substrate. See if you can distinguish greyish fluffy stuff from white dense mycelium. If not, there's probably no problem.
How does your bulk smell like?

And yeah, touching the cakes just to make photos is not necessary. :wink:

Edited by kapps (03/08/18 05:52 AM)

Offlinemember69
Stranger

Re: opinion on brf cakes and a substrate grow [Re: kapps]
    #25049795 - 03/08/18 03:49 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

the substrate smells ok. i ground up some b plus bfr cakes to make them. its my understanding that anything other than that woody mushroom smell is a bad sign. ill keep my hands off the cakes but i did wash my hands!! it was my understanding that handling a completely colonized cake was okay but i will take your advice. thankyou.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds