Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: ichugwindex] * 1
    #25042380 - 03/06/18 08:45 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Calm down timmy, I didnt say or put anything on anyone.  I explained how I understood a post, and considering op is cutting ties wouldnt that suggest some sort of sleazy element? 

You say that shit like you have a clue what actually happened..

I was talking to the OP, not you.  Thought that would be clear.

He's probably drunk
Quote:

ichugwindex said:
Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
The song you reference in the OP doesn’t say “you’re better off alone”, it asks “do you think you’re better off alone?”  That might sound nitpicky, but those are actually two very different things.  But I guess it’s a moot point.  Maybe you wouldn’t be alone if you stopped cutting ties to lifelong friends over silly stuff.

i know that within the context of the song the implication is that you are NOT better off alone but when i hear the question "do you think youre better off alone?" right now it feels like the answer to that question is yes

With your superiority complex I think it's beneficial for everyone involved that you came to this conclusion. The fact that you even managed to have 2 friends with your high horse soap box bullshit is beyond me.

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy] * 1
    #25042386 - 03/06/18 08:48 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

He replied to me! :crankey:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineHerbalPotion
Dreamer
Male

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: ichugwindex]
    #25042391 - 03/06/18 08:50 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

It sucks to see people who you thought were your friends do some shit like that. Your an awesome person, and they don't deserve your presence. The right people will eventually come into your life, just keep positive and do what's right. Love you bro :heart:

--------------------
~ vision without execution is just hallucination ~

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: HerbalPotion]
    #25042412 - 03/06/18 08:59 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

i don't understand why you think I'm on my high horse Malcolm_Xtasy. I know that nobody is perfect, That my own shit stinks. Do people say things like this because they have a dead moral compass?

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#25042429 - 03/06/18 09:07 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
i don't understand why you think I'm on my high horse Malcolm_Xtasy. I know that nobody is perfect, That my own shit stinks. Do people say things like this because they have a dead moral compass?

I think understanding reality and having a dead moral compass are two different things.

Some women just want drugs and men just want sex sometimes. I don’t see what the big deal is. If you want to talk about morality I think it’s the woman in this situation who’s got the issue. She was willing to allow your friends to do what they did. She asked for it. She could of said no she didn’t because she had no issue with doing it. It’s not a pleasant situation for your mind to comprehend maybe because you’ve never personally been in such a situation so you are just labeling everyone involved morally bankrupt. Well what if they went over your life and situations they’ve never been in and judged you based on what they think is right when they couldn’t possibly understand what was going through your head? I don’t think you’d pass the morality test either.  Everything is relative

Offlinepndmnm
Male User Gallery

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: Amanita86]
    #25042445 - 03/06/18 09:14 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

But ARE you drunk? lol.

OP buy some drugs and give it to the woman. Buy your friends some professional prostitutes. Then you did the "right" thing and everybody wins.

Dead moral compass? Is i really that simple?

From one perspective, they wanted something and she wanted something and they traded. Are you upset with them because you think they got the better deal? What's the root of your disappointment with them? I'm seriously asking for details.

--------------------
Glove box vs. Still Air Box (SAB)

Edited by pndmnm (03/06/18 09:15 AM)

Offlinepndmnm
Male User Gallery

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: NOUS333]
    #25042459 - 03/06/18 09:19 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I understand the perspective that this is merely a transaction but how do you justify turning it around to say it's the woman in this story that has the issue?

Sorry for the double post.

--------------------
Glove box vs. Still Air Box (SAB)

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: pndmnm]
    #25042463 - 03/06/18 09:22 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

pndmnm said:
I understand the perspective that this is merely a transaction but how do you justify turning it around to say it's the woman in this story that has the issue?

I don’t think she has any issue at all I’m saying If op is going to place blame to the point of ending friendships, the blame sort of belongs on the woman.  She has the pussy. If it wasn’t for that one element which she is in full control of we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
    #25042468 - 03/06/18 09:24 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Well that's one way of looking at it....

--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: TNK] * 2
    #25042470 - 03/06/18 09:25 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I personally wouldn't disown my friends for acting in such a way.

--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #25042501 - 03/06/18 09:41 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
Quote:

pndmnm said:

I don’t think she has any issue at all I’m saying If op is going to place blame to the point of ending friendships, the blame sort of belongs on the woman.  She has the pussy. If it wasn’t for that one element which she is in full control of we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

she's on drugs dewd i bet i could get ur brain so strung on a fix m twisted round that u'd be begging for the wiener.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: ichugwindex] * 4
    #25042507 - 03/06/18 09:45 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
i mean do you realize the psychology involved with someone trading their body for drugs? to multiple people that they either dont know or they barely know? its barely consent in my opinion.

Prostitution is one of the oldest professions in human civilization and if all parties are consenting, then it's really none of your business. But hey, whatever floats your boat man.

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: ichugwindex] * 3
    #25042525 - 03/06/18 09:50 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quit being a cry baby. You should’ve threw down some doses and rain the train

Edited by plasma (03/06/18 09:51 AM)

Invisibleazzbo

#25042554 - 03/06/18 10:07 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

pndmnm said:
From one perspective, they wanted something and she wanted something and they traded. Are you upset with them because you think they got the better deal?

Sounds to me like she got the better deal, Sex and drugs while they only got sex.

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
i just found out the last 2 friends irl that i had were about to trade a girl drugs for sex. these were my last 2 friends after a decade of trying to "narrow down" my list of peeps into true friends. i just dobt know how to deal. im very lucky in that i have a happy family and wife/son but this truly breaks my heart to no longer have ANY friends at age 27. guess Alice DJ was right. I really am better off alone.

Your last 2 irl friends and you are ready to disown them? Sounds to me like you need to get your priorities straight. Friendlist existences are not nice friend :hug:

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #25042571 - 03/06/18 10:13 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

NOUS333 said:
Quote:

pndmnm said:

she's on drugs dewd i bet i could get ur brain so strung on a fix m twisted round that u'd be begging for the wiener.

She also chose to start doing drugs. 

No excuse.

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: Amanita86]
    #25042576 - 03/06/18 10:16 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
He replied to me! :crankey:

Lol I just realized that. My bad :facepalm:

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: azzbo]
    #25042604 - 03/06/18 10:26 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

well yeah they are some of my last friends but do you really want friends that take advantage of people/situations like this? I think the people that are viewing this as a simple transaction are missing some details here. Someone so twisted off that they are trading their bodies for drugs is in a bad mental state. I think the girl is in her mind at least being given an offer she cant refuse.

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#25042614 - 03/06/18 10:30 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
well yeah they are some of my last friends but do you really want friends that take advantage of people/situations like this? I think the people that are viewing this as a simple transaction are missing some details here. Someone so twisted off that they are trading their bodies for drugs is in a bad mental state. I think the girl is in her mind at least being given an offer she cant refuse.

I guess I just grew up in an area with a lot of seemingly normal girls that would do this type of shit. Hell. There’s so many times I only got laid because I had weed. Just kind of how people are in my experience. Even if she’s in a bad mental state I still think you are over reacting. Your friends morality is their problem and between them and whatever higher power there may be. You are just a friend. Not their mother

OfflinePsyche delics
Hypochondriac
Male User Gallery

Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: NOUS333] * 1
    #25042628 - 03/06/18 10:34 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

What makes you think people on this website aren't doing the same shit irl?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: i just lost my only IRL friends. I love you guys. [Re: ichugwindex] * 1
    #25042630 - 03/06/18 10:35 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
i just found out the last 2 friends irl that i had were about to trade a girl drugs for sex. these were my last 2 friends after a decade of trying to "narrow down" my list of peeps into true friends. i just dobt know how to deal. im very lucky in that i have a happy family and wife/son but this truly breaks my heart to no longer have ANY friends at age 27. guess Alice DJ was right. I really am better off alone.

Men tend to lose friends as they get older. Many studies have shown this and it's only increasing because of social media. Every relationship becomes platonic. Old friends move to new cities for work. Some fuck up and you leave, then you fuck up and they leave. Most new male friendship develop through the social life of their wives. Single adult males are very lonely creatures.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/people-lose-friends-at-age-25-study-says-a7043796.html

Try to enjoy your solitude. Be selfish. Do things for yourself by yourself. You'll realize that you'll enjoy that freedom. Sure having someone to talk to is nice, but luckily for you , you have a wife. Perhaps befriend the husbands of you wife's friends?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order