Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTherickSanchez21
Stranger
 User Gallery
Strains guide
    #25039498 - 03/04/18 11:58 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I've been searching through the site but haven't been able to find a detailed guide of the variation of strains. I am looking at comparing them for my next spore order can any one point me in the right direction. Looking for a very strong visual / "seeing lights" strain. currently have Hawaiian pf classic and + on the go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains guide [Re: TherickSanchez21]
    #25039501 - 03/05/18 12:00 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

It's all the same chemicals...

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains guide [Re: Failboat]
    #25039508 - 03/05/18 12:06 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Its really hard to write any kind of definitive guide when the same print can put out wildly different results from grow to grow. You cant say "b plus always has big fruits and large caps" because they dont. Or x strain is way visual and y strain is way body high when the same spores, again, can put out wildly different potencies and chemical combinations.

It just doesnt work like that unfortunately. Even penis envy, known for its high potency can give very different trips from grow to grow sometimes being heavy on visual and sometimes heavy on body.

Its just never going to be that simple.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Edited by elasticaltiger (03/05/18 12:07 AM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains guide [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25039514 - 03/05/18 12:08 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Not to mention the fact that the effects of psilocybin are almost completely subjective with experiences varying wildly from person to person even with the same isolates.

--------------------

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039534 - 03/05/18 12:26 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Not to mention the fact that the effects of psilocybin are almost completely subjective with experiences varying wildly from person to person even with the same isolates.

That's pretty cool.  Got a link or something :creepylurker:

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

OfflineTherickSanchez21
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Strains guide [Re: van hatton]
    #25039546 - 03/05/18 12:34 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

There must be some sort of literature about the quantity of the active ingredient generally for each strain isnt there?

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains guide [Re: van hatton]
    #25039551 - 03/05/18 12:39 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

van hatton said:
Quote:

elasticaltiger said:

That's pretty cool.  Got a link or something :creepylurker:

Just personal experience. My girlfriend and I would trip together every week for a while and there was only a handful of times where our experiences seemed to be the same.

I get tons of visuals on psilocybin no matter what the strain. Beautiful rainbows and geometric shapes even at doses as low as 1 gram of cubes.

She would almost always complain or express dissapointment that she never got visuals. The only time she did was when we ate truffles.

But seriously you need a link to know that psychedelic experiences are subjective from person to person? That set and setting can contribute just as much to the psychedelic experience as the chemical involved?

I do notice differences between wood lovers and dung lovers though. Different species absolutely seem to produce different affects but when it comes to cube varieties the only one i found to be particularly different was penis envy and the difference seemed to be in how quickly the affects hit me vs. What those actual affects were.

--------------------

OfflineTherickSanchez21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25039560 - 03/05/18 12:46 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

like which strain has the most psilocybin per gram does anyone have any literature on that?

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039564 - 03/05/18 12:48 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

"The concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin, determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, were determined to be in the range of 0.14–0.42% and 0.37–1.30% (dry weight) in the whole mushroom, 0.17–0.78% and 0.44–1.35% in the cap and 0.09 and 0.30%/0.05–1.27% in the stem, respectively.[8]" - wikipedia.

So if those are the general range of cubensis alkyloids then theres no reason the same spore print cant produce mushrooms at the higher end of the spectrum AND the lower end. Just like they can produce shrooms with wildly different appearances This is why we isolate strains and experiment. Although the psychedelic experience is subjective you can generally tell when one isolate is stronger than another through personal assay. The strains that prove to be good fruiters and potent get kept and we grow those out.

--------------------

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

Loc: Uk Flag
    #25039567 - 03/05/18 12:53 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Probably pointless but may help a little

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039575 - 03/05/18 12:58 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

No just if there was like a study or something where an isolate was used.  Now that I think about it that's probably difficult for a study to get funding like that.

I just would think it would be an interesting read.

I think maybe when certain "strains" are grown out and selected for potency eventually down the line somewhere you maybe have a better chance of that "strain" being more potent than a "strain" where weak potency was grown out. 

If that makes sense :bongload:

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strains guide [Re: Fascistbullyboy]
    #25039580 - 03/05/18 12:59 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Now im getting super subjective here but that graph doesnt seem right to me. Ps. Cyanescens have always been way more potent to me with an eighth being enough to send me into full on level 4 experiences but in the first graph they are listed below cubensis. Doesnt reflect my experience but hey, just goes to show. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25039581 - 03/05/18 01:01 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Okay heres why that graph seemed off to me in regards to ps. cyanescens

From wiki "Indole content has been shown to be higher in North American specimens of P. cyanescens than in European ones.[7] This was, however, caused by the fact that Gartz did not analyze the genuine P. cyanescens but P. serbica.

North American fruiting bodies of P. cyanescens have been shown to contain between 0.66% and 1.96% total indole content by dry weight.[19]European fruiting bodies have been shown to have between 0.39% and 0.75% total indole content by dry weight.[7]"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale