Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekent101
Stranger
Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities?
    #25037119 - 03/03/18 10:27 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

A few years ago I came across a Narcissism awareness channel on YouTube. What they were saying made a lot of sense to me from my personal experiences. It's as if they were telling me everything that ever happened to me. Are we having a societal shift in awareness of narcissism?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: kent101]
    #25037602 - 03/04/18 06:52 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

from wikepedia: There are four recognized Cluster B personality disorders:[4]

Antisocial personality disorder (DSM-IV code 301.7): a pervasive disregard for the law and the rights of others.
    Borderline personality disorder (DSM-IV code 301.83): extreme "black and white" thinking, chronic feelings of emptiness, instability in relationships, self-image, identity and behavior often leading to self-harm and impulsivity.
    Histrionic personality disorder (DSM-IV code 301.50): pervasive attention-seeking behavior including inappropriately seductive behavior and shallow or exaggerated emotions.
    Narcissistic personality disorder (DSM-IV code 301.81): a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.

having Trump in Office makes us all much more sensitive to this.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25038486 - 03/04/18 03:10 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I'd say it is 40% of the reason I have it bad

like I said in another post it could be done so differently
and we need better leaders

--------------------
with our love with our love we could save the world

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #25038502 - 03/04/18 03:17 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

that makes so so so a lot of sense

if you could see it from my view

this could be heaven on earth and indeed there might be no limit to it

I look forward to when Trump is not in power. just kidding (maybe.) hahaha

Trump off from the pwer! as soon a possible

goesha

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #25051598 - 03/09/18 10:21 AM (6 years, 20 days ago)

I know Trump has made me realize a lot of bad possibilities of myself and super ego behavior.

He literately thinks he can do no wrong.  I can see why America voted for him and the shadowy Government.  It's ideal to be in power and do no wrong.  Can't do that then fake it, and that's exactly why they do!

They remind me of bitches.  They know their bitches but their addicted to being bitches.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25051761 - 03/09/18 11:39 AM (6 years, 20 days ago)

"their"? try "they're"

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25051879 - 03/09/18 12:40 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Really, the shroomery is that important to your life and self worth?

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25051952 - 03/09/18 01:19 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:I know Trump has made me realize a lot of bad possibilities of myself and super ego behavior.

Do you mean the Freudian super ego? Or are you just talking about having a big ego?

My ego is fairly big but im not a narcissist. Arrogant and egotistical I will admit to but I dont experience narcissistic rage when I am incorrect and usually assume I am the incorrect one in a given situation.

I dont see the issue with having a large ego, if you are willing to defend why you feel that way about yourself. I dont show it unless im around people im comfortable with but when I am I'm kind of like "Bender" from futurama exclaiming he is great :tongue:

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: kent101]
    #25052540 - 03/09/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

absolutely, the ascension process includes every aspect of life among the universe, and among the path there is the understanding of oneness, which is  hard for some to accept because they feel like they have to give up their individuality.

it is really quite the opposite, because when you overcome this one-sidedness towards being different, then you can be free of any mental imprisoning thought regarding such a thing, you are what you are and can do whatever you like, no one can take that away from you, but your soul is my soul, we are one in the same, every blade of grass and bug is an incarnation of spirit, we have all been clouds and brick walls in our past lives, it is all conscious, and as a stone, we are waking up.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25052564 - 03/09/18 05:21 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Really, the shroomery is that important to your life and self worth?

indubitably

--------------------

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25052604 - 03/09/18 05:34 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

the issue with ego is that it is a lie fueled of lies, you are not what you are taught to believe you are, youre an alien like any other, but believe man is different in some way from other creatures, this whole life is a trickery to get us to worship the anunnaki, who assume the position of our gods. they created us in their image, the christian cross is one of their symbols, and there is plenty of other symbolism around.

we are imperfect and sinful because they are imperfect and sinful, and created us with sin in mind.

there are 7 sins, lying and killing are not sins, the seven sins of death and that is it, they are perceptual, we have to abandon our natural state of being in order to sin, and over time we become increasingly distant from our true self (and develop an ego) who we all would recall as the person we were when we were three, besides a few bad seeds who were born with evil hearts or whatever.

when we were little we didn't see people as this person and that person, we saw that im a person and youre a person so we are the same, and then we were taught our name, which is just an idea, you have no name, and given inspiration to achieve and strive rather than just live. we are gonna be here forever, and experience everything, and i guess it all works out in the end, past a certain point everyone gets what they deserve, we earn our keeps.

so sure it is okay to have an ego but over time the confusion will arise and you'll turn to wonder about good ol sinny sin sin, the sinniest man who ever lived. no im kidding but sin is where the key of wisdom is at, it fuels the ego which is a fake 'you', your identity is spirit, the holy spirit, which is the only spirit, but we have to make contact or life is borrrinnnngggggggggggggggggggggg because we're dead inside

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Deadfrancis]
    #25052609 - 03/09/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

can you summarize what you are trying to say?

--------------------

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
    #25052626 - 03/09/18 05:40 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

sin and ego go hand in hand, if you cut out sin, the ego dies, leaving you with your natural state of being, which means we were living a lie before that moment.

we will try to laugh at something then realize that it is possible to just not laugh, and wonder which choice the ego would have made opposed to what the spirit would choose, and sin is what draw the line, if it is something that requires your imagination, like lust, then it is the ego's doing, the real you has no opinion about anything really.

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: Is a movement starting to raise awareness about narcissism and other cluster B personalities? [Re: Deadfrancis]
    #25053585 - 03/10/18 02:16 AM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Truly it would be a devotion to follow me blindly says the ego..

But even if I'm blind.. I would still love you none the less..

But what's more penchant than an ego..? Well probably feelings..

The emotions of situational curiosity..

The meaning of life is a dread by example.. you can only repeat something enough times before it grows stale and old.. so the knowledge of refreshing life is true.. as the fountain of youth, elixir and prime materia.. The Philosophers Stone. Is key to note how to turn the key.. just insert it into the locke and we're done..

This just came to me, not only is John Locke The philosopher but so am I

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25053699 - 03/10/18 05:19 AM (6 years, 19 days ago)

so the "ego" is not real but the "you" is real?
one idea of self is wrong and the other is right?
how can you tell the difference?

--------------------

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

#25053838 - 03/10/18 07:12 AM (6 years, 19 days ago)

isn't ego like a notion that we are seperate from the rest of the universe

like universal primordial denial

--------------------

Edited by Ferdinando (03/10/18 07:14 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25053911 - 03/10/18 08:05 AM (6 years, 19 days ago)

It's a word Freud used in a 3 layered identity model,
but otherwise it seems to be what we call
the act of momentarily identifying defensively
this defensive alarm and alert suggests more must be behind it.

most people, including Freud, believe that this act means that there is a separate agency being defended.
it is as if we are reconstructing a living Mickey Mouse from separate frames of defensive experience.
Quote:

Ferdinando said:
isn't ego like a notion that we are seperate from the rest of the universe

like universal primordial denial

so yes and no,

each separate 'ego' experience postulates separate defensive identification within that being.
this has been going on for all ("human") time among all "humans".
but it is more of a chorus of alarms ringing and echoing than a single song of denial from the beginning of time.

--------------------

OfflineCory Duchesne
tabernacle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia
    #25060637 - 03/13/18 01:59 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

One of the pioneers of NPD was a high IQ intellectual who had been in jail and charged multiple times.  It appears that instead of serving excessive jail time, he put his energy into educating the public about people like him.  He says his life is mostly on automation with some form of social security keeping him in check and preventing him from "going outside the boundaries" so to speak.  When I was in my early twenties, I was enthusiastic about doing LSD and mushrooms to "dissolve boundaries" with people, but I soon came to realize that it is quite dangerous be intimate with certain people.  Intimacy and affection without commitment creates disorder within the psyche and throughout society.  Here is one of my snippets of Sam V. talking about the details of disordered relationships and attitudes:

--------------------
C.G. Jung: "Please remember, it is what you are that heals, not what you know."

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - Carl Jung

Krishna, as his friends called him, freely admitted his compulsive lying. He blamed it on simple fear of having his deceptions detected." NOTES OF A FRINGE-WATCHER MARTIN GARDNER on J Krishnamurti

"All your questions are born out of the answers you already have. Any answer anybody gives should put an end to your questions. But it does not." [UG-K]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies