Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBurb29
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: MycoBro48]
    #25268688 - 06/14/18 07:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ive walked for years
Unable to find any ovoids for 3 years in Ohio. No idea where to look now. Flood plains nothing. flooded areas nothing.ha. co congrats to everyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: Burb29]
    #25268721 - 06/14/18 08:12 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Burb29 said:
Ive walked for years
Unable to find any ovoids for 3 years in Ohio. No idea where to look now. Flood plains nothing. flooded areas nothing.ha. co congrats to everyone.

You're in the wrong part of Ohio then. Along the Ohio River area is where they are in that section of the country. If you're in that part, I have great luck in my area around areas with lakes near.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinerob1130ob
Dude

Loc: Near the Atlantic
    #25269038 - 06/14/18 11:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Burb29 said:
Ive walked for years

Try feeder streams of the Shenango next year and update me.  I grew up in that area and have always had a hunch. I'm 6.5 hours away now and only heard home for funerals. I wanted to "lol", but it's the actual truth.

Offlinerob1130ob
Dude

Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: rob1130ob]
    #25269050 - 06/14/18 11:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Myco, Did you take that mycelium/stem butts and bury them an inch deep in mulch?  Not fresh like this year mulch though. Last year or the year before mulch is ideal.  There are so many mulched places near you that you could spread to.

Edited by rob1130ob (06/14/18 11:29 PM)

Offlinerob1130ob
Dude

#25269421 - 06/15/18 07:07 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Is anyone still finding fruits?

OfflineMycoBro48
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #25269780 - 06/15/18 11:03 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Burb29 said:
Ive walked for years

this was my first year hunting for ovoids ,was lucky enough to have a few people on here point me to the correct habitat ,and i found them like my second time out within 5 minutes of arriving to the spot Its all in the habitat ovoids love floodplains ,your in the correct state ,you need to start studying google earth now ! so youll have your spots picked out for the fall fruiting !:mushroom2::crazy2: also attitude plays alot to do with it and not giving up .I
Not trying to sound arrogant but once i seen that they where found in my area i knew i would find them within a very short time  and i did . Youll find them next time around ,just stay seeking info and educate yourself where they were found in ohio by going on the mushroom observer and study  streams ,rivers and creeks near the spots they where located and discovered in  and look for sharp u turns and snake turns in river ,creeks etc .thats how i located the ones i found with no help! I dont want to volunteer members  on here ,but there are a few good men on here who will help you ,like they did with me ,just follow the post and engage members who are from your area with alot of hunting ex and knowledge

OfflineMycoBro48
 User Gallery

#25269785 - 06/15/18 11:08 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rob1130ob said:
Myco, Did you take that mycelium/stem butts and bury them an inch deep in mulch?  Not fresh like this year mulch though. Last year or the year before mulch is ideal.  There are so many mulched places near you that you could spread to.

Yeah, ive taken it and buried afew of them shallow and covered with cardboard in order to try and get it to run alittle then ive tooken that to seed other piles of debris ,Im trying to find the happy sweet spot of moisture for them ,also im also learning on getting some clean spawn started to be able to transfer it to a LC hopefully !

OfflineMycoBro48
 User Gallery

#25269799 - 06/15/18 11:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rob1130ob said:

Not yet ,im trying to get it to multiply enough so i can seed enough of that area ,that i wont have to worry about it not making it ,also i need some good suggestions about where in that one mulch pile ,the big one ,pm me some ideas and areas in those piles , once it takes to the sawdust im going to spread sum .

OfflineBurb29
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: MycoBro48]
    #25269951 - 06/15/18 12:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ill try the hocking river this fall time in september and october.other than that nothing this spring in wayne national forest for me. I would drive every weekend to southern ohio. 3 hours from cleveland.  Might have luck with caerulipes near me but thats about it. Ive studied the google maps. Still no luck. Hours looking at rotten logs and flood plains. Even got a kayak. Theyre there obviously. Just havent had the luck yet.

Edited by Burb29 (06/15/18 12:24 PM)

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
Trusted Identifier
    #25269999 - 06/15/18 12:44 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Glad to see some of you had some luck this year.  I only got out to check a couple spots a couple times and had no luck.

We skipped spring and went straight into summer...

--------------------

InvisibleTexturedSounds
Forest Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: MD
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: Burb29] * 1
    #25270195 - 06/15/18 02:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Went out on Monday and yesterday.  The season is basically over here in the mid atlantic and temps look to officially end the season within the next couple days.  Only observed around 10 specimens each time we went out.  Yesterday's hike was mostly feeding hungry spots and starting a handful of new spots with the EPA variety.  Still need to get back out there at least once more tho, because the one pile that put out some really good clusters was under water.  So I'll be feeding a couple more spots before I'm completely done with flood plains until fall.  Also got a chance to go check on our project on Monday and was able to see a lil action from the new sections, so that's promising.  I'll know in a couple weeks how it's handling it's new setup.

Just wanted to say congrats to all those that were finally able to find their first ovoids.  :congrats:  We almost had a shit season, but luckily things turned around for a lot of us and we were able to enjoy some sweet spring clusters.  :bigblunt:

Pics from yesterday

Time to change gears!  Found these yesterday as well.  First pic is of C. appalachiensis and the other 2 are of C. lateritius  :grin:

--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #25270278 - 06/15/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Burb29 said:
Ill try the hocking river this fall time in september and october.other than that nothing this spring in wayne national forest for me. I would drive every weekend to southern ohio. 3 hours from cleveland.  Might have luck with caerulipes near me but thats about it. Ive studied the google maps. Still no luck. Hours looking at rotten logs and flood plains. Even got a kayak. Theyre there obviously. Just havent had the luck yet.

Found tons of different mushrooms and fungus around Central Ohio this year... no ovids tho.  While they have been found around here, I don't think they are that common.  In April and May nearly daily I searched up and down the Olentangy river and streams (runs as they call them here) that feed the river, flood plains, but no luck.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: SoundCloud Flag
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #25271503 - 06/16/18 05:17 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I want to learn about identifying and finding chants, any resources you could point me to?

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: TempestDnB]
    #25271527 - 06/16/18 05:50 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I was in South Carolina for 3 hours and I found chants by accident.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: SoundCloud Flag
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: koods]
    #25272449 - 06/16/18 03:02 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Apparently they like our loblolly

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Offlineva hunter
Me
Female User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: TempestDnB]
    #25275078 - 06/17/18 06:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
I want to learn about identifying and finding chants, any resources you could point me to?

There is a cpl Mushroom ID books - https://www.amazon.com/Mushrooms-Southeast-Timber-Press-Field/dp/160469730X & I know of a few FaceBook sites that's helped me threw the yrs

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: baraka]
    #25277852 - 06/18/18 11:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It’s not so much the location as it is the ecosystem as a whole, based on my observations ovoids prefer to grow under and around certain plants, most notably the Japanese knotweed and stinging nettle, they can also grow on deribs from hardwood trees like the box elder. They can be very small and hard to see if you don’t know what to look for, I’ve taken my friends out and had them walk right past huge patches and even step on cedipose growths simply because they didnt see them. So eyesight is a factor to consider. Just because you are near water doesn’t mean you will find them, just because you walked through miles of debri along evrey river in your town doesn’t mean you will find them. However once you do find them, it will seem like they are looking for you, or at least that’s how my first season went.

Had a lot of friends try to find them with no luck probably because they started to break a sweat and their shoes got wet so they go home after 45mins. But not me, I kept walking,I wore holes in a few pairs of shoes but it is all worth it, in the end I had a nice tan and more shrooms than I could ever eat or sell. Big thanks too ALL the shroomery members if it wasn’t for all the knowledge available free to the public on this site I would have never found the ovoids or even showed interest in the actives of my area. I am blessed to live in a place where this incredible entheogen grows wild.

--------------------

You never kno

Edited by Shroomhunts (06/18/18 11:55 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Official ovoid season 2018 [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #25278876 - 06/19/18 01:48 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomhunts said:
It’s not so much the location as it is the ecosystem as a whole, based on my observations ovoids prefer to grow under and around certain plants, most notably the Japanese knotweed and stinging nettle, they can also grow on deribs from hardwood trees like the box elder. They can be very small and hard to see if you don’t know what to look for, I’ve taken my friends out and had them walk right past huge patches and even step on cedipose growths simply because they didnt see them. So eyesight is a factor to consider. Just because you are near water doesn’t mean you will find them, just because you walked through miles of debri along evrey river in your town doesn’t mean you will find them. However once you do find them, it will seem like they are looking for you, or at least that’s how my first season went.

Had a lot of friends try to find them with no luck probably because they started to break a sweat and their shoes got wet so they go home after 45mins. But not me, I kept walking,I wore holes in a few pairs of shoes but it is all worth it, in the end I had a nice tan and more shrooms than I could ever eat or sell. Big thanks too ALL the shroomery members if it wasn’t for all the knowledge available free to the public on this site I would have never found the ovoids or even showed interest in the actives of my area. I am blessed to live in a place where this incredible entheogen grows wild.

My location effects the ecosystem.  Looking at maps where people find a lot of ovoids my area is different because of glaciers.  I am pretty confident if I traveled east or south 50-100 miles, maybe even less,  I would have had much better luck in the 60 miles of hiking per month I did this spring. 

None the less I saw and took pictures of countless different kinds of cool mushrooms and other wildlife so not really bummed out.  Maybe next year I will do a road trip.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePsilologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gettin there
    #25280525 - 06/20/18 08:57 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering when then fall ovoid season usually gets going. Also I'm in the SW part of OH. This spring I couldn't find anything, at least not close to me. Is the fall season better in this area rather than the spring?

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
    #25280558 - 06/20/18 09:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You probably don’t have to go as far as you think, I have found them growing in mulch beds 30ft from my front door. Instead of hiking through hairy territory try and go to all the local parks in your area, it’s much easier to cover ground walking the perimeter of the park than hacking a virgin trail through the knotweed with a machete, they can be found like this but it is much harder than a walk in the park. I’d reccomend to find spots near where you stay so you don’t have to travel far to harvest each flush, my first season I found 10+ spots within 5 miles of my hometown. 9/10 spots are in public places. I’ve had luck deep in the woods but only in the perfect habitats (river lined with Japanese knotweed growing under boxelder trees)

--------------------

You never kno

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags