Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

An introduction and Mazapatec mono grow log
    #25034960 - 03/02/18 11:15 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Hello everyone, grow4fun here. I have been lurking anonymously and reading many threads and posts on the Shroomery for over two years now and have begun growing in the last year and a half. I am still new however I am learning quickly and will continue to learn as this is a very fun and rewarding hobby and what better place to learn and contribute than the Shroomery.

Introduction
I begun with the PF tek as most do and with great success I then moved onto bulk grains and won't look back as I find it's mush easier to do than the PF tek, I have used half pint jars to quart jars, even used DIY vacuum sealed spawn bags, successful G2G transfers, making prints and LC, multiple monotubs and even trays inside a small GH. I believe I have a lot to contribute to the community, not just growing but health and nutrition, weight training, computing. I am here to learn and share as much as I can. I took a break from growing due to financial situations, however I am back and more prepared than ever.

Grow log
Thanks to Anno as well as many other contributors both on and off site I like to use the invaluable NSNS(no soak no simmer) tek. I have put together a big batch of rye using quart jars and filling each jar with 200g of rye and 200g of H20 with some gypsum for a total of 5 jars. I then pressure cooked for 90 minutes at a minimum 15PSI, innoc'd using a vendor Mazapatec MS variety. Temps are low in the room so I use a space heater a few times a day for 5-10 minutes to keep things moving. I shook each jar when they were 25-35% colonized. Each jar took about 3 weeks to fully colonize. As for the substrate I used Damion's simple coir tek, however only half was made. I placed 300g of coir and 100g of verm inside a 5gal bucket and poured 1750g of boiled H20 over top and then covered. After about 60 minutes I then mixed the substrate thoroughly and then let sit for 6 hours. I decided thanks to a helpful idea to experiment with small 6QT sterilite tubs. For this log I decided to use 5 of these small tubs. I will continue to update this grow log for everyone to see.

Quart jar recipe
- 200 grams of organic rye
- 200 grams of H20
- knife tips of gypsum
Total: approx 400g spawn per jar (5 jars are used in this log)

Each jar was shook and pressure cooked for 90 minutes at 15PSI. I had inoculated each jar using Mazapatec MS syringe provided by a vendor. Each jar was colonized within 3 weeks.

Substrate recipe
- 300 grams of organic coconut coir
- 100 grams of vermiculite
- 1750 grams of H20
- Small handful of gypsum
Total: approx 2150g substrate

I used Damion's standard coir tek. I took 300g of coir (approx 1/2 brick) as well as 100g of verm (approx 1QT) and poured 1750g of boiled H20 (approx 2QT) in a 5gal bucket and covered. Mixed thoroughly after 60 minutes and let sit for 6 hours before mixing with spawn.

6QT sterilite micro monotub recipe
- x5 1QT(400g) jar of spawn
- x5 1QT(430g) jar of substrate
- x5 6QT sterilite tub

Each tub was wiped down with isopropyl and then mixed with 400g of spawn and 430g of prepared substrate which is approximately a 1:1 (spawn:substrate) ratio.

I crumbled the spawn into the tub and then added a jar of substrate and gave a good mix. I did this to all 5 tubs, I had 1 full jar of substrate left so I added a thin casing layer to each tub so there is no exposed grains. Each tub has a substrate depth of about 1.5-1.75".

Adding the spawn and substrate took me about 45 minutes to do all 5 tubs. Now all I need to do is wait, I am not providing a liner because I am going to see if this tub is good enough to provide good fresh air on the surface to avoid side pins.

I am expecting 28 grams dried per tub on the first flush, I have 5 tubs, so hopefully it totals out to 140 grams dried. I will update this as it colonizes and fruits. Thanks everyone, enjoy.

7 days after spawning to tubs:

I dub'd three tubs and flipped the lid on one and left the lid on one tub. Will compare results when done.

UPDATE: 3/26

Nice pinset, unfortunately every tub has lots of side pins, however a pins a pin. All tubs have a good pinset imo. I had to fan each tub like crazy last night due to signs of low FAE, wild and skinny fruits. Now they are starting to look healthy.

Just to give you an idea of what all the sides are looking like, going back to liners after this one.

I don't like how small the fruits are though, probably won't use this variety again, oh well.

UPDATE: 3/28

UPDATE: 3/31

After harvesting all 5 tubs and drying them I was left with 93g so avg 18.6g per tub. Heres some nice pics.

Sorry for the shit camera quality.

Glad to finally join and be able to post and share my hobby with this community. I will continue to update this thread periodically from start to finish. I plan to make multiple grows logs with these small 6QT tubs using different variations in the spawn and substrate for experimental purposes. I am sure a lot of people would love to see the different comparisons. Any questions please ask me.

Edited by grow4fun (03/31/18 11:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
Re: An introduction and grow log [Re: grow4fun]
    #25034977 - 03/02/18 11:29 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

I look towards your progress brother man, keep us posted.

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

Loc: Alberta, Canada Flag
Re: An introduction and grow log [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25035004 - 03/02/18 11:56 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Yes please do! Just started my first grow on the 27th and got some myc starting as of this morning  :grin: . Good write up and good luck brother!  :cheers:

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

Re: An introduction and grow log [Re: Luckydevi13]
    #25035010 - 03/02/18 11:58 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25035277 - 03/03/18 06:03 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

Thanks, I'll keep the thread updated as much as possible

Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
Have you thought about using shoeboxes? https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24038695/fpart/1/vc/1

I have used small bins/trays without lids similar to the size of shoe boxes inside a small green house. However the limited height bothers me, I like to leave at least 8" in height if I have a lid on. You just gave me an idea though, I have a mini shoe box tub thats about 5" in height, I'll do a rez effect style tub without any holes and just fan and mist when necessary, I'll use 1-1.5" sub depth and using 1:1 parts verm/spawn. I'll make sure to post the results.  :hehehe: 

I also have a couple small 20qt tubs that I will be using very soon, I am just waiting to decide if I will do the classic monotub style with 1-2" holes on the sides of the tub or a shotgun/monotub style.

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

#25035491 - 03/03/18 08:34 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

Thanks, I'll keep the thread updated as much as possible

Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
Have you thought about using shoeboxes? https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24038695/fpart/1/vc/1

I have used small bins/trays without lids similar to the size of shoe boxes inside a small green house. However the limited height bothers me, I like to leave at least 8" in height if I have a lid on. You just gave me an idea though, I have a mini shoe box tub thats about 5" in height, I'll do a rez effect style tub without any holes and just fan and mist when necessary, I'll use 1-1.5" sub depth and using 1:1 parts verm/spawn. I'll make sure to post the results.  :hehehe: 

I also have a couple small 20qt tubs that I will be using very soon, I am just waiting to decide if I will do the classic monotub style with 1-2" holes on the sides of the tub or a shotgun/monotub style.

You could dub them, once they're ready to fruit you just throw another tub on top, no holes or anything as they arent air tight so they get plenty of fae. I havent tried it as im working on my first grow, but its what I am going to be doing once my rye is colonized. Good luck man :cheers:

--------------------
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25035497 - 03/03/18 08:38 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
You could dub them, once they're ready to fruit you just throw another tub on top, no holes or anything as they arent air tight so they get plenty of fae.

Never thought of that, that would actually work out well if the tubs are the same size. Will be trying that. Good luck with your grow  :rockon:

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

#25035508 - 03/03/18 08:46 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
You could dub them, once they're ready to fruit you just throw another tub on top, no holes or anything as they arent air tight so they get plenty of fae.

Never thought of that, that would actually work out well if the tubs are the same size. Will be trying that. Good luck with your grow  :rockon:

I thought so, everyone in that thread was having awesome yeilds and that way you dont have so many eggs in one basket.thanks alot, you too! :cheers:

--------------------

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25041323 - 03/05/18 06:55 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
I thought so, everyone in that thread was having awesome yeilds and that way you dont have so many eggs in one basket.thanks alot, you too! :cheers:

I'm going to be spawning them in an hour or so inside those 6QT shoeboxes. Thanks for the idea brother. :cool:

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
    #25041335 - 03/05/18 07:01 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:

I'm going to be spawning them in an hour or so inside those 6QT shoeboxes. Thanks for the idea brother. :cool:

Noice, I'll be checking back in tonight then

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25041350 - 03/05/18 07:07 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
I then pressure cooked for 90 minutes at a minimum 15PSI, innoc'd using a :facepalm: Mazapatec MS strain.

Just giving you a heads up...edit needed. Rule #3

Also Mazatapec is a variety not a strain.

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

Re: An introduction and grow log [Re: Tormato]
    #25041361 - 03/05/18 07:11 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
Quote:

grow4fun said:
I then pressure cooked for 90 minutes at a minimum 15PSI, innoc'd using a :facepalm: Mazapatec MS strain.

Just giving you a heads up...edit needed. Rule #3

Also Mazatapec is a variety not a strain.

I gotchu, thanks for the heads up.

The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25041366 - 03/05/18 07:14 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

No problem...otherwise lookin' good :popcorn:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

#25041367 - 03/05/18 07:14 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:

Beauty! Stoked to see how she goes! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25041601 - 03/05/18 08:59 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Everything is spawned and is now colonizing, hopefully these mini tubs will shorten the colonization time by a lot. Waiting sucks. :hehehe:

OfflineLuckydevi13
Stranger

#25042466 - 03/06/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

grow4fun said:
Everything is spawned and is now colonizing, hopefully these mini tubs will shorten the colonization time by a lot. Waiting sucks. :hehehe:

Nice!  Hopefully its short and sweet! Itll give me a rough timeline as well. :cheers:

--------------------

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

#25044792 - 03/07/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Luckydevi13 said:
Quote:

grow4fun said:

Nice!  Hopefully its short and sweet! Itll give me a rough timeline as well. :cheers:

It's been less than two days and it's already about 25% colonized, going to say maybe five more days before it's ready to fruit. :biggrin:

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
    #25044801 - 03/07/18 09:03 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Hell yah man post up some pics.

Offlinegrow4fun
I'm a teapot

Re: An introduction and grow log [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25044850 - 03/07/18 09:33 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Hell yah man post up some pics.

Sorry for bad quality. For being spawned not even two days ago all 5 tubs are colonizing very aggressively. I think I'll manage an oz dried for each tub 1st flush. I'll probably dub 2 or 3 of them and leave the rest with the lid on to compare results.

The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25044858 - 03/07/18 09:37 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

:snoopyes:
Lookin' good!

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds