Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Vaporise Salvia
    #25025730 - 02/27/18 08:18 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

This has come up a bit with no definite answer. As I understand it salvia in a tobacco 'joint' would coalesce with the smoke and droplets would enter the lungs. Salvinorin A has a boiling point of 760.2C which is huge compared to DMT (160C) or THC (157C).

I am considering buying a dry herb vapouriser that reaches temperatures of approx >210C at it's highest setting. I am just curious how much luck has been had with this. I just tried a joint and felt some relaxation which I enjoyed.

However I did NOT enjoy smoking lol I gave up a while ago and it was quite harsh on the lungs. I would rather condense it to one or two puffs with a vaporiser. Has anybody heard of success with this method? I assume some salvinorin A could coalesce but it would be relatively inefficient. But the rest I could put into a tincture so wouldn't fully go to waste

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZyiadem
Smokes Catnip
 User Gallery

Loc: Intn'l Waters
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: Broken1]
    #25025755 - 02/27/18 08:30 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

OfflineRoute 51
Stranger
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25027029 - 02/27/18 06:31 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

It works fine in any vaporizer, the thing about salvia needing some ridiculously high temperature is a myth. Higher temperatures may be more efficient, but I wouldn't worry about it as salvia is plenty strong to begin with.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: Route 51]
    #25027181 - 02/27/18 07:35 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I use plain salvia leaf and mild extracts (1x 3x 5x) in my snoop dog pen vape (for weed or dabs)
what happens is that the dry salvia leaf actually burns in the dab chamber, and when the leaf burns the salvinorin goes into the smoke stream but it is not vapor, it is droplets.

This works great - holds 2 inhalations worth. it's finicky but easier to preload and carry around.

my salvinorin papers do not work in the vape. they just get wet and runny. for that i use a tiny pipe and an ordinary lighter.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25028313 - 02/28/18 09:11 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Am thinking of buying one for sure then.. I had a joint earlier which probs had approx 2 leaves in. I did feel relaxed and calm after about 5mins but that was it. Still worth it.

When I get it might mix it with dried peppermint leaves. What kind of effect would 2 inhalations worth have? I'm guna see if I can get any effects and whether I enjoy them before going onto the papers

OfflineWatsWrongWitMyMIND
Stranger
    #25028528 - 02/28/18 11:03 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

This is unrelated to vaporizing salvia, but I figured rather than making a new thread I'd ask here.

Does anyone know how a medication called naltrexone would interact with salvia???

Because when I take salvia I just black out.  Happened to me twice before I gave up.  Then when I return to consciousness everything is pretty trippy for like 20 seconds and I'm like WTF is going on.  I think this was really damaging for me in some ways.  My memory isn't as good anymore or my cognition.  Mixing salvia with naltrexone...ever since I did the salvia about a month ago.

But since Salvia works on the p-opioid receptor I believe...does that mean that naltrexone would block it and make you black out?

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: WatsWrongWitMyMIND]
    #25028587 - 02/28/18 11:42 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Unwise to mix them. Naltrexone is a kappa antagonist and salvinorin a is a strong kappa agonist.

God knows what is happening but I really wouldn't recommend the mix. It might mean your kappa opioid system is over stimulated and causes you to lose consciousness. K opioid receptors are highly present in the claustrum that is implicated in consciousness and integration of the senses

OfflineRoute 51
Stranger
    #25029235 - 02/28/18 02:36 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:
This is unrelated to vaporizing salvia, but I figured rather than making a new thread I'd ask here.

Does anyone know how a medication called naltrexone would interact with salvia???

Because when I take salvia I just black out.  Happened to me twice before I gave up.  Then when I return to consciousness everything is pretty trippy for like 20 seconds and I'm like WTF is going on.  I think this was really damaging for me in some ways.  My memory isn't as good anymore or my cognition.  Mixing salvia with naltrexone...ever since I did the salvia about a month ago.

But since Salvia works on the p-opioid receptor I believe...does that mean that naltrexone would block it and make you black out?

I don't know anything about the mixture of these two, but I do know that you'll blackout if you take too much salvia. Are you using an extract, and if so what strength? It's possible naltrexone is making the salvia stronger, which means it may take less to blackout.

OfflineWatsWrongWitMyMIND
Stranger
    #25029255 - 02/28/18 02:41 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Route 51 said:
Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:

I don't know anything about the mixture of these two, but I do know that you'll blackout if you take too much salvia. Are you using an extract, and if so what strength? It's possible naltrexone is making the salvia stronger, which means it may take less to blackout.

I used 20x and the first time i smoked like a whole bowl but the second time i only smoked like half a bowl.  I couldn't find anything on the internet about naltrexone and salvia but then I figured that was why I was blacking out from salvia.  I take 25 mg per day naltrexone.

OfflineRoute 51
Stranger
    #25029519 - 02/28/18 04:44 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:
Quote:

Route 51 said:
Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:

I used 20x and the first time i smoked like a whole bowl but the second time i only smoked like half a bowl.  I couldn't find anything on the internet about naltrexone and salvia but then I figured that was why I was blacking out from salvia.  I take 25 mg per day naltrexone.

It is a really bad idea to measure salvia in "bowls". It's incredibly strong to begin with, and you're using a concentrate that's 20 times as powerful!

You took an absolutely massive dose. I'm not surprised you blacked out. A dose of 20x is a few flakes, not a "bowl".

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25030987 - 03/01/18 06:27 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
Am thinking of buying one for sure then.. I had a joint earlier which probs had approx 2 leaves in. I did feel relaxed and calm after about 5mins but that was it. Still worth it.

When I get it might mix it with dried peppermint leaves. What kind of effect would 2 inhalations worth have? I'm guna see if I can get any effects and whether I enjoy them before going onto the papers

the vape pen is better for extract, I mix 2 parts plain leaf with one part 10x to get 3x which I like to use in the snoop dog pen.
the pen does not hold much material, so mixing plainleaf with mint is not going to be psychedelic at all from small amounts of material. better to use regular pipe, like a tobacco pipe. that can work well.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25030991 - 03/01/18 06:30 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:
Quote:

Route 51 said:
Quote:

WatsWrongWitMyMIND said:

salvia 20x would make me black out on 1/4 bowl for sure with no additional drugs.
I could only enjoy a very small pinch of it, I even just do very small pinches of 10x, and sometimes that causes me to roam, and I come to in a different room, or on the stairs - so use a sitter, and be very careful with stronger extracts.

--------------------

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25031211 - 03/01/18 08:48 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Went for the dry herb vaporiser in the end. The heating chamber is 10mm x 27mm. Guessing that's 10mm diameter by 27mm tall. So if I pack that with plain leaf salvia should I break through? Extracts are hard to come by now but have a plant

Edit: Having a look about somebody is saying that 500mg plain leaf was enough to break through and 300mg gave effects. Is this accurate in other people's experience? It seems a lot lower than I expected for plain leaf. I tried a joint the other day with 2 large leaves dried.. I'm guessing a vape may be more efficient in some ways as no smoke escapes but less effective as temp is lower so it balances out. Although just 2 leaves had a pronounced relaxing effect

Edited by Broken1 (03/01/18 09:31 AM)

OfflineRoute 51
Stranger
    #25032319 - 03/01/18 09:42 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

50mg of plain leaf salvia gives me very noticeable effects, 300mg is way more than a breakthrough dose. Responsiveness to salvia seems to vary a lot between people though.

Edited by Route 51 (03/01/18 09:43 PM)

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25032691 - 03/02/18 03:13 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

So 50mg dried? How many leaves would that be in your eyes? And do you use a bong or pipe? Cheers for the feedback, I wouldn't mind having a breakthrough but don't want to live as a little girl for 6 months lol

Offlinephysics envy
Stranger
    #25033505 - 03/02/18 11:59 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
So 50mg dried? How many leaves would that be in your eyes? And do you use a bong or pipe? Cheers for the feedback, I wouldn't mind having a breakthrough but don't want to live as a little girl for 6 months lol

Leaf size can vary quite a bit, so guessing by the number of leaves, especially when dried, might be difficult. I think most bong bowls can hold a couple hundred mg, so you might use that as a gauge if you don't have a scale.  50mg isn't tiny, but it's not that much either.

Speaking of living as a little girl for 6 months, comedian Steve Cantwell tells a story about his one and only salvia experience where he did a bong bowl full of 40x with a friend.  He had a seizure for 45 seconds and in that period he experienced life as himself, but without his family and kids, for 8 full years in a different location (Texas instead of Alaska). 

He knew he was having a salvia experience...at least at first.  For the first 4 years of the experience, every day he went to a crappy orchard job, and every night at his apartment he sobbed heavily because he couldn't get back to his family.  Then he started to think that maybe the family life was a dream, and he gave in and went full force into the 'new' life.  Then one day after 8 years, it ended and he came back. By that time he'd made close connections with his new friends in the salvia life.  Nuts. 

If anyone is interested, you can listen to his full story on the 'Crabfeast' podcasts #297 and #298, linked below.  The salvia story starts at 44:40 of the first one and continues a bit into the second:

Part 1
Part 2

--------------------
Salvia Quid Enthusiast

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Vaporise Salvia [Re: physics envy]
    #25033677 - 03/02/18 01:22 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

OMG that is so fucking crazy. I would love to talk to someone about this but not have the experience lol I mean. Does it actually feel like 8 years?! How does that happen. Does everything look like it is real or like a dream. Will look into that podcast

Offlinephysics envy
Stranger
    #25034958 - 03/02/18 11:14 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

He said it did indeed feel like 8 actual years, and it was just as real as being wide awake.  It's amazing it wasn't a complete blackout, but he remembers it all vividly.

His story is great to listen to, but he's a guest on a show with a couple of hosts that can be a bit annoying at times.  It's worth it though.

Personally, I think the time lapse is more due to the seizing than the salvia...but this obviously isn't the first time someone experienced something similar with extracts.

When I was a teenager, a couple of times a friend and I made each other pass out by hyperventilating, then picking up and squeezing the other hard around the chest.  I was only out a few seconds, but I had LONG-ASS dreams while out. (I don't suggest doing this of course...)

--------------------
Salvia Quid Enthusiast

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom