Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Brian Jones]
    #25044505 - 03/07/18 04:09 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

He's using a national security law to impose tariffs without requiring congressional approval.

Congress could pass legislation invalidating the tariffs, which might get a veto proof majority.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25044744 - 03/07/18 08:20 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Here we go again. Another day another anonymous fake news article. Don't you guys ever get tired of nothing burgers?

They are working out the details. Trump is playing the role of bad cop, ryan and the others are playing good cop. When they work out a compromise, the good cops will reluctantly sign off on it and the rest of the world is glad its not so harsh. Meanwhile, it will be what trump wanted all along. You never ask for the minimum you need cause they will chop it down. You ask for way more and give ground. Art of the deal, watch and see.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Stonehenge] * 3
    #25045516 - 03/07/18 10:35 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

You don't negotiate this kind of thing in public. This is insane negotiating tactics, if that's what you think it is... Which it isn't.  Gary Cohn would not have quit if he thought this was negotiation.

What's sad is you think he's playing 3D chess, when he's simply a bonafide idiot who has no idea what he's doing

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: ballsalsa]
    #25045793 - 03/07/18 12:22 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
I worked for a scam water heater company for a short time.  It was awful.  We had a checklist menu and had to try to talk the customer into authorizing 30 line items that are being presented as code requirements.  And it would add up to hellacious prices.  3k+ to replace a 50 gal heater was not uncommon.  I didn't last very long there.  They were dispatched from another state, and the people had no clue what L.A. traffic looks like.  One day I started in Whittier, second call in Thousand Oaks, and my last stop in Torrance.  The truck yard was near Compton and I lived in Woodland Hills.  Anyone around here will tell you that is an insane drive for a day's work.  I couldn't have stayed there, even if I enjoyed swindling people.

i just couldn't do it and from what i know of you, even considering your propensity for guile (see:  desire to be politician, local), it's no wonder you couldn't for long, either.

the straw that broke my back with the local PDS franchise was one day when i did a service call in a local retirement community for a multi-time repeat customer.  i was in the middle of a routine maintenance service call and the little old lady resident came out, asking if i could take a look at her neighbor's door system because "she just had someone else work on it and i don't think they were honest with her".  that turned out to be a massive understatement.  she said the neighbor's door was open and i could just go in and take a look.

i went next door and saw that her door opener's chain was extremely loose, like to the point of almost falling off the sprocket loose, so i got my step ladder and the two half inch wrenches necessary to tighten it.  as i was adjusting the chain tension, the resident came out into the garage and she was older than dirt; she had to be at least 85 y.o..  she asked if i wanted to see her receipt for the work done by the other company and then sheepishly asked me what my service was going to cost "because i'm on a fixed income and i can't afford much after the work done yesterday".  i told her not to worry about money right now and that i'd love to see her receipt so she went to get it.

she came back and handed me her receipt...but it was still attached to the carbon copies of his whole book full of receipts!  the dummy from PDS accidentally left his whole book full of filled-out invoices, detailing how he scammed about 75 other people! (it was one of those generic job invoice books you can buy at office depot or similar office supply store).

on her invoice was something to the effect of "adjusted the chain tension but the opener is so worn out it won't hold the chain tension anymore so it needs to be replaced", as well as some other nonsense.  he charged her over $450 for loosening the two 5/16" nuts on the chain adjustment bolt and leave them loose so that he could run the unit one time, show her how the chain 'loosened all on its own', and lie to her about her door opener being so worn out that it needed to be replaced for about $900.

the $450 service call he charged her was more than we would charge to replace an entire door opener.  for the $900 he quoted to replace her opener, we could replace her entire garage door with a premium, 3-layer insulated door with a lifetime part warranty.  he was fleecing these retirees that live on fixed incomes with little to spare each month after buying necessities, much less garage door and opener repairs.

that was the last straw and i vowed to myself to ruin them any way i could.  it took about four years of effort between me and another company and a worsening economy to make those crooked fuckholes disappear.

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Speaking of doors, I ordered a bunch of interior doors for my mom, and it turns out that every door in her new house is framed to 6' 4.5".  Now I get to reframe every door.

i hate shit like that.  i had to cut down five 12x12 garage doors, six sections in each door, from 12'-2" wide to 12'-0" wide because the masonry crew laid out the openings too narrow on a commercial job we did last summer.  of course there was nobody holding their hand up wanting to pay for the extra labor.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: koods] * 1
    #25045952 - 03/07/18 01:37 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You don't negotiate this kind of thing in public. This is insane negotiating tactics, if that's what you think it is... Which it isn't.  Gary Cohn would not have quit if he thought this was negotiation.

What's sad is you think he's playing 3D chess, when he's simply a bonafide idiot who has no idea what he's doing

The white house just announced that Canada, Mexico and some other countries will be exempt.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #25045957 - 03/07/18 01:39 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

One day into the trade war and we're already making concessions.

President Deals, baby!

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25045965 - 03/07/18 01:43 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

By now you guys should understand how Trump works. He starts off by saying the most one sided thing he can say, then the opposition respond to their most one sided thing, then eventually, Trump goes for the middle ground.

Up to now, with North Korea, it seems to be working. He trhreatned the worse and suddenly North Korea has been talking to South Korea. Kimmy even said he stop his nuclear program if he's certain the country will no longer be attacked.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Patlal]
    #25045972 - 03/07/18 01:49 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

By now you guys should understand how Trump works. He starts off by saying the most one sided thing he can say, then the opposition respond to their most one sided thing, then eventually, Trump goes for the middle ground.

Its amazing how Trump literally invented negotiating.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25046028 - 03/07/18 02:09 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Its amazing how Trump literally invented negotiating.

I believe that was Kimmy's father that invented it. Just like hamburgers and weather control.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25046085 - 03/07/18 02:27 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

This is what I've been saying all along. He is playing the opposition like a violin. He got everyone upset when he never intended to do all that anyway. Now people are breathing a sigh of relief and watching to see what comes next. The next set of tariffs will be more selective

I said a few days ago we would go easy on canada.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Stonehenge] * 3
    #25046097 - 03/07/18 02:32 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Then why wasnt that built in to the intitial tariffs?

Spoiler: because Trump had no idea this would cause significant damage to an ally's economy, and his diplomatic team had to bring it to his attention, and changes were made.

Trump is an idiot. Its embarassing to watch yall continue to defend him.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: The Ecstatic] * 3
    #25046107 - 03/07/18 02:34 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Trump claimed he was doing this to go after Chinese steel, but China isnt even in the top 10 of steel exporters to the US. Canada is #1.

The man is a fucking moron. Just yesterday he told the press pool he spoke to Kim Jong Un earlier, when really he was speaking to the President of SOUTH Korea. I mean jesus christ.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #25046631 - 03/07/18 04:25 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Here we go again. Another day another anonymous fake news article. Don't you guys ever get tired of nothing burgers?

They are working out the details. Trump is playing the role of bad cop, ryan and the others are playing good cop. When they work out a compromise, the good cops will reluctantly sign off on it and the rest of the world is glad its not so harsh. Meanwhile, it will be what trump wanted all along. You never ask for the minimum you need cause they will chop it down. You ask for way more and give ground. Art of the deal, watch and see.

Is this more "fake news"?

Bill Gates Believes Another Recession Is A ‘Certainty’

http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/bill-gates-believes-another-recession-is-a-certainty/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/06/bill-gates-it-is-a-certainty-we-will-have-another-financial-crisis.html

Quote:

The 2008 financial crisis led to the Great Recession and millions of jobs lost. It took years for America to recover and many citizens still feel the ripple effects. According to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, though, we should be braced for another one.

Quote:

Patlal said:

Up to now, with North Korea, it seems to be working. He trhreatned the worse and suddenly North Korea has been talking to South Korea. Kimmy even said he stop his nuclear program if he's certain the country will no longer be attacked.

Except that it wasn't suddenly, and probably would have happened regardless of Trump :lol:

https://www.ploughshares.org/issues-analysis/article/factsheet-history-us-negotiations-north-korea-1992-present

Quote:

In April 1994, former President Jimmy Carter visited North Korean leader Kim Il Sung to broker dialogue between the two countries. Carter’s efforts paved the way for sustained talks that, despite Kim Il Sung’s untimely death, culminated with the Agreed Framework in October 1994.

For the next eight years, the agreement successfully froze North Korea’s plutonium production, during which time the North could have produced enough plutonium for more than 100 nuclear warheads.

Quote:

In 1998, North Korea made progress in its missile program that raised new concerns for the United States and countries in the region. After North Korea’s launch of a long-range ballistic missile over Japan, the Clinton Administration tasked a small team of inside and outside government experts with a North Korea Policy Review that would ultimately address the goals outlined in the Agreed Framework.

Former Secretary of Defense William Perry collaborated with the governments of North Korea, South Korea, China, and Japan in what would become known as the “Perry Process.” Several rounds of negotiations culminated in 1999 with a report that presented recommendations for the United States to pursue a verifiable suspension and eventual dismantlement of the North’s nuclear and long-range missile activities. In turn, the policy review team found that the United States must take steps to address the North’s security concerns and establish normal relations.

These negotiations have been ongoing for over a decade... I've yet to see how Trump has helped the situation whatsoever :shrug:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Edited by musiclover420 (03/07/18 04:26 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25046668 - 03/07/18 04:36 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

More "fake news" :wink:

107 House Republicans send letter to Trump asking him not to do his tariff plan

Quote:

More than one hundred Republican members of Congress on Wednesday signed a letter "urging" President Donald Trump to trim down his proposed tariffs on steel and aluminum.

"We urge you to reconsider the idea of broad tariffs to avoid unintended negative consequences to the U.S. economy and its workers," the GOP lawmakers said in the letter.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: musiclover420]
    #25046762 - 03/07/18 05:04 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

>Is this more "fake news"?

Its not even news, its just one person's opinion. We have been headed into an economic crisis for years now if not decades due to bad fiscal policy. Is the 20T deficit trumps fault?

Trump is playing the media for fools and the world too. His good cop bad cop routine has worked time after time but you of course say maybe it would have happened anyway. Good thing you are fair and open minded. When and if he fixes things are you going to try to give the credit to obama? If the economy keeps getting worse then of course its all trumps fault

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25046781 - 03/07/18 05:11 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

North Korea does this every decade or so

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #25046783 - 03/07/18 05:14 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
>Is this more "fake news"?

Its not even news, its just one person's opinion. We have been headed into an economic crisis for years now if not decades due to bad fiscal policy. Is the 20T deficit trumps fault?

Trump is playing the media for fools and the world too. His good cop bad cop routine has worked time after time but you of course say maybe it would have happened anyway. Good thing you are fair and open minded.

:lolsy:

Care to provide some examples? You call everything fake news yet I never see you back up your claims with sources :shrug: Makes it hard to take you seriously...

Trump literally paid 130,000$ to a pornstar to cover up an affair, and managed to fuck it up so now she can release the story anyways. It's more like "stupid cop/dumb cop" :wink:

Quote:

When and if he fixes things are you going to try to give the credit to obama? If the economy keeps getting worse then of course its all trumps fault

Assuming he does fix anything I would absolutely give him credit where it is due. So far he has tried to take credit for all sorts of crap he had 0 impact on, while simultaneously blaming everyone else for his own problems...

He is a textbook narcissist through and through, I'd bet "a small loan of a million dollars" that Trump only cares about himself and his money.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: musiclover420]
    #25048346 - 03/08/18 11:30 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

>You call everything fake news yet I never see you back up your claims with sources

You have it backward, my friend. The "news" I call fake is the stories by anon sources. Then you say but they mentioned several people who believed it. Sorry but its still an anon fake news article

The one I said was not even news, I said that because all it was is the opinion of one person. Do you see the difference between opinion and news? Or between opinion and fact? It is not a fact that that the economy will crash, its a prediction.

The letter sent to trump may be a fact but so what? They are jumping into the role of good cop. Trump then gives a little and the bystanders watching the drama are taken in by the theater performance.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #25048997 - 03/08/18 12:55 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

you do realize that anonymous sources are simply people who don't want their names used, right? The reporters know who they are. You can't just anonymously talk to journalists. They won't take you seriously unless they know who you are.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Trump's Tarrifs [Re: koods]
    #25049104 - 03/08/18 01:51 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Well its official.  Tariffs are officially imposed. Maga

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder