Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineuserx
Stranger

invitro grow questions
    #25033695 - 03/02/18 01:34 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

after a week of full colonization, I was going to open jars, scratch off dry vermiculite layer, and flip the substrate upside down inside jar, and screw back on lid, and let it grow.

or is all I have to do is (after full colonization) open jar, for Gas Exchange, and screw jar on again?

I'd figure scratching off dry vermiculite layer would give more room for shroom growth, and take away any possible contaminants. And since I have half pint jars (wide mouth) where the shape is "V like" from top to bottom, that would also give more room for growth of shrooms.

Skipping the first dunk ofc as I've read it isn't required, but after the first flush should I do dunk?

i'm asking cause the tek seems soo easy that there are no tutorials or Q/A on it, thanks, happy shrooming to all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: invitro grow questions [Re: userx]
    #25033810 - 03/02/18 02:33 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Ur trying to invitro grow from a cake in a small jar? U could try putting another jar upside down on top. Or a ziplock with a few slits in it. Wait till full volonization, open it and rinse verm off. Get fresh verm and bring it to feild cap and just spread a very thin layer on the surface. The do the bag or jar thing i said. Next time use a qt jar and put ur cake in it to fruit

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: invitro grow questions [Re: nube424]
    #25033828 - 03/02/18 02:35 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

If you take the lid off it's not really invitro anymore.

Keep the vermiculite. Put a plastic bag with some holes in it over the jar and remove the plastic bag often to mist.

This is a half pint jar were talking about right?

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Offlineuserx
Stranger

Re: invitro grow questions [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25033976 - 03/02/18 03:53 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

yes half pint jars,

so what I'm getting is, remove substrate and put into a larger jar, with lid on(lid has holes),

or, use a closed ziplock plastic bag with holes, with jar inside bag, without lid on.

are there any pics of what u guys describe, or tutorials for invitro tek, i want to be sure im correct, thanks

Edited by userx (03/02/18 03:53 PM)

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: invitro grow questions [Re: userx]
    #25034016 - 03/02/18 04:11 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Use the ziplock bag. Look up jar fruiting on here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds