Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineprimemango
Learner

Yellow discoloration *DELETED*
    #25031476 - 03/01/18 01:12 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by primemango

Reason for deletion: Found the answer elsewhere on the forum, didn't want to clog up the forum with duplicate questions

Edited by primemango (03/01/18 02:25 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
Re: Yellow discoloration [Re: primemango]
    #25031493 - 03/01/18 01:21 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Well mycellium doesn't "piss" So that can't be it, most likely metabolites from fighting off some nasties.

Offlineprimemango
Learner

Re: Yellow discoloration [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25031499 - 03/01/18 01:22 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Well mycellium doesn't "piss" So that can't be it, most likely metabolites from fighting off some nasties.

So are metabolites indicative that there are "nasties" still in the substrate? Is it a sign that I should throw the pan out?

Edited by primemango (03/01/18 06:00 PM)

Offlineprimemango
Learner

#25032235 - 03/01/18 06:00 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

bump

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25032241 - 03/01/18 06:02 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah man I would toss both of those, they both look gross to me, you can wait for more people to chime in but I would start some new shit in the process man, those don't look promising at all

Offlineprimemango
Learner

Re: Yellow discoloration [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25032286 - 03/01/18 11:22 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Yeah man I would toss both of those, they both look gross to me, you can wait for more people to chime in but I would start some new shit in the process man, those don't look promising at all

Okay, I appreciate the help! Just curious, do you have any pics of what a healthy bulk substrate grow should look like on top? Because I have a bunch of pans that look like the bottom one, and they produced quite a bit of healthy fruits. I thought the bottom one looked relatively normal.

I'm able to find plenty of pictures of them after fruiting lots of mushrooms, but few pictures of what the surface looks like immediately before it starts pinning.

Edited by primemango (03/02/18 12:22 AM)

InvisibleMrFresh
Satisfied
I'm a teapot

Loc: Egypt
    #25032622 - 03/02/18 03:09 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

That top tub is definitely not at all healthy looking. The bottom tub looks like they often do, except for the widespread yellowing which I'd suspect dehydration of surface myc.You can get local yellowing of hyphal knots as they are turning into pins, but the second tub definitely needed more attention payed towards surface moisture to prevent such widespread yellowing/ dehydrating.

I would toss the top tub immediately and try to get moisture on surface of bottom tub more in proper range. Mist But don't soak it because that can cause even more issues. If the surface myc has become so dehydrated that it's not going to pin, you can as a last resort flip the cake over & stay on top of moisture levels from then on. You may very well already have pinning in multiple spots on bottom of the 2nd tub. Flippin the cake is risky because you can break it if not extremely careful and I would consider as last resort. Also look into late Casing methods, that could possibly save the surface of your bottom tub without having to flip the substrate.

And the yellow liquid can be defensive mechanism against contams, but it is also believed that the metabolites assist in breaking down/digestion of nutrients in grains. Either way, the yellow metabolites are relatively common and don't automatically mean the tub is going to fail.
Edit: isolate bottom tub in separate area of house, if you try to salvage it. And hopefully you have more jars colonizing to start some new trays.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT just sharing my experiences and limited Knowledge that I believe could help you.

Best of Luck!
MrFresh

Edited by MrFresh (03/02/18 03:15 AM)

Offlineprimemango
Learner

Re: Yellow discoloration [Re: MrFresh]
    #25032716 - 03/02/18 06:00 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you so much. I appreciate the guidance.

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

#25032739 - 03/02/18 07:05 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

primemango said:
Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

Okay, I appreciate the help! Just curious, do you have any pics of what a healthy bulk substrate grow should look like on top? Because I have a bunch of pans that look like the bottom one, and they produced quite a bit of healthy fruits. I thought the bottom one looked relatively normal.

I'm able to find plenty of pictures of them after fruiting lots of mushrooms, but few pictures of what the surface looks like immediately before it starts pinning.

Go look through my grow log, conveniently titles shrooms4life grow log or search it.

All my subs are super healthy this go around and May be you can follow along and learn some stuff.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale