Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezaros
Stranger
Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: zaros]
    #25027627 - 02/27/18 11:18 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Heroin contains multiple morphine molecules bonded together, I gather from what somebody wrote something of an article writing the difference between morphine and heroin.
Is it not that uncommon for pods to become accidentally crushed in nature, to speak of the somniferum var paeoniflorum (including laciniatum) i believe such as that only a few cultivars such as the norman exist without considerable traces of morphine as result of being from the somniferum genera.

Edited by zaros (02/27/18 11:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
    #25028293 - 02/28/18 09:02 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

I have heard people make the claim, that h was two morphine molecules attached and thats what makes it stronger, but just looking at the two molecules by comparison clears this up. It apears to just be the same morphine molecule except that two acetyl groups have been attached. Henece the name, diacetylmorphine. This acetylated feature is what makes heroin so strong upon its entry into the brain. It can slip right in and likely more of it can slip in than would be possible in its natural, morphine form. Though essentially, both h and m get broken down into the exact same chemicals in the brain. Its the entry point that is making the significant difference here.

And yes pods and plants get crushed. I wasnt speaking of any damage... i was speaking of obvious lancing and harvesting. That is illegal all the way.... will anyone ever catch a grower doing this? Is it so obvious to everyday America? I'd put my money on no. A grower will likely never get caught if they are smart. Toward the end of my stint w poppies, i lived next door to a cop and i still grew, lanced and smoked opium ontop of skunk in my old backyard in the sunny afternoons of yesterdays spring.

The paeoniflorum? If were talking about the same variety, i grew this quite a bit. The pink, multi petaled blooms that look like pom poms? Excellent species to work w. If anything just for its beauty. Maybe i had something diff because those got me very high :cool: it did seem a little different from the other main strain i grew at that time, but it was still active. Id be very surprised to hear that it didnt have morphine.

Then again...Maybe there is a true somni out there that looks like the paeoniflorum too. Because when i stopped growing, or missed a few seasons, but was still opioid dependent, i came across some blooms out in the open. Being in withdrawal and quite desperate, i went for a small harvest. If i remember correctly, they didnt do really much st all for me. Normal pods would alleviate withdrawal and even go as far as generating a euphoric effect, speaking of pod tea that is.... but these were off a considerable amount. They looked great and were in full sun and soil. They shouldve been the bomb but i couldnt help but scratch my head on that one.

Anyway... does anyone know if there are indeed two lookalikes out there?
--------

One a side note, back to cultivation. Im w karode, there is no need to start anything in the fridge. Storing seed is fine, but def not needed for germination. Ive germed seeds in the hottest months of summer, here in the Gulf. They sprouted just fine... the issue lies mostly w their delicate nature i believe. Yeah just about every seed germed, but just about every one died too because of intense weather conditions (ie heat) they really prefer to be already established plants when the warm weather comes on. It doesnt take much to cook a flat of seedlings dead from too little moisture or too much light/heat in warmer months. In cooler temps the soil doesnt dry out as fast as well as other conditions that im sure im leaving out.

And no they dont like transplants. I would always sugggest to sow where you want to grow and finish. For sowing.... A good till w worm castings and bone meal goes a loooong way :heart:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #25028457 - 02/28/18 10:13 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

I transplanted some seedlings, literally lifted them off the ground, since I started a bunch in one pot and they’re doing fine. But they were only a week old with little tiny root systems. Couldn’t imagine transplanting at a later stage tho, their roots are really spindly.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: mmcc]
    #25029388 - 02/28/18 03:38 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Got me some Izmir Galania (supposedly GMO) and Izmir bush poppy seeds for this season :smile:
Gonna start sowing some of my Persian whites & Tasmanian giants from last year tomorrow. Got a little patch in the ground I can put some this year in addition to the potted up ones.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25029601 - 02/28/18 05:28 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Ta da.... :smile:

Indoor seed germination test.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: Mateo]
    #25029662 - 02/28/18 05:56 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

them lookin nice mateo. what is the test?

these are the hens&chicks I got going.

Edited by mmcc (02/28/18 05:56 PM)

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25029679 - 02/28/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

I was just testing if i needed some cold startification for seeds to germinate.
Tazmainians germinated directly, a few Izmir has germinated but no persian whites.
I have the seeds stored in my refridgerator now so they are ready when snow goes away here.
I will try these ones indoors though.
That will be a fun experiment.

--------------------

Offlinezaros
Stranger
    #25029897 - 02/28/18 07:16 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

Awesome i think they could have been a number of species like papaver glaucum and setigerum for instance thought to be "closely related to and sometimes treated as a sub-species of opium poppy", dwarf breadseed poppy. Although I'm not surprised i wouldn't think most cultivars to be so psychoactive without distinctions like white coating.

Izmir farms appears as just an online address listing, i checked the internet archive and the izmir site have only ever been registered and used by organicalbotonicals, I dont think the plant is genetically modified any way, at least i don't think there's clear sign of it. it's a hybrid.

Edited by zaros (03/01/18 10:10 PM)

Offlinezaros
Stranger
    #25032506 - 03/01/18 11:21 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

This is a quote from the article regarding afghan poppy seeds genetically modified:

Quote:

a new strain of genetically modified seed that comes from China, which allows poppies to be grown year round

This should mean that the afghan special gmo varietal is an perennial instead of annual i believe presuming it does not die from the cold or whatnot.

I think I'm sure poppy seed tea has come further closer into mainstream with the prosperity of online access to information hand in hand with the opioid crisis. This plant has many roots from history associated with its use today but the whole poppy paradigm is changing i think especially regarding the legitimacy of folks that cultivate it in their personal garden, that is for sure. Amazon has listings of "high alkaloid level" seeds and there is more variety than ever before right now, Its an resurgence. Its become much more available than it was.

For me personally its Horticultural. The opium poppy was a magical ritual plant among the Germanic tribes. They reportedly planted poppies in fields known as odâinsackr (Old Norse, “field of the living”) and revered these places convalescent sites where healing miracles would occur.
Quote:

There are numerous finds from Neolithic contexts, mainly from Switzerland, but with some from south-west Germany and north Italy And Spain. Excavations at Egolzwil, an archaeological site located in Switzerland’s Lucerne canton, have revealed signs of poppy cultivation dating back more than six thousand years, including poppy seed cakes and poppy heads. Evidence suggests that poppies were the most common crop at Egolzwil, more common than club wheat, barley, or flax.

I think with folks publicizing their grows it lends credit to its legitimization. I dont think i would appreciate its flowers differently from others if not for its life blood that adds a sense of novelty. I think they're really beautiful and would not respect another flower in the same light.

Edited by zaros (03/02/18 01:16 AM)

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25032640 - 03/02/18 01:40 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Dont believe the super gene modified seed thing.
It´s a seller story.
Chances a very slim that it actually are GMO seeds and if actually so, they probably are the Thebaine variant witch is NOT what yoy want.
It´s most likely relabeled standard poppy seeds, hopefully of a good strain.
Izmir farm is a seed imorter, is it not?
Like just a webpage selling seeds.

--------------------

OfflineDGB
Stranger
    #25032793 - 03/02/18 06:01 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I keep seeing stories of different GMO poppies, the perennial one, the supposedly super potent afghan one used to make bulk heroin ect ect. I figure its mostly sensationalism and click bait, if there is anything to these claims we would see a lot more about it on ethnobotanical forums like this, the seeds would be everywhere already.  because if these things do exist and are being grown in open fields in Afghanistan there is no way a few pods wouldn’t go "missing" from the grows and turn up all over the internet. with reviews from growers verifying their existence

I mean someone down the line whether a farmer/farm hand/passerby/marine ect wouldn’t swipe some for a quick side buck/sale. that’s how we got the current afghan stains, someone some ware swiped some seeds from plants bred for opium production and now almost every poppy seller carries them or at least claims their the seeds from the opium fields.

TLDR if there is a super GMO poppy out there that isn’t toxic like Norman well start to hear about it...probably on this forum from its users.

Edited by DGB (03/02/18 06:03 AM)

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

Re: going to grow somniferum plants [Re: DGB]
    #25033062 - 03/02/18 09:04 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Not sure what plant you guys are talking about but I have some afghan blue seeds I have yet to start? I’d like a perennial poppy that’d be cool. It is strange that they are sold and marketed as high alkaloid content on amazon.

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25033068 - 03/02/18 09:08 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Not strange, it get more sales that way.
Even if it is a ornamental poppy.

--------------------

Offlinezaros
Stranger
    #25033578 - 03/02/18 12:27 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

I think the izmir seeds are excellent if not for their false advertising/misinformation and expensive pricing. They wont give you many to get started with, 2000 seeds could be over $100 depending on what you select over there.. and they wont send extra!

Very good points Mateo thank you. @mmcc, There is a lot of different seeds with the name of afghan blue going around, I've picked up a pack of them and though i don't know whether they might be purple/pinks or red and white i would like to see what you got! :smile: Hens and chicks is pretty cool also.

Edited by zaros (03/06/18 02:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order