Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKelb123
Stranger
Need some help with my first Bulk try
    #25030559 - 03/01/18 12:39 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Hey guys,

I bought a Growkit 1 month ago and started reading alot to start my own production and to be honest, im a bit overwhelmed by the information provided here. So I want to clear some things to be more confident when I get started.

I got a 52q tub and want to grow bulk. My current plan is to take a syringe print of my 2nd flush of Golden Teacher and use rye grain and a bit of gypsum  as substrate. I have a pressure cooker, so I can sterilise my substrate.
Got some Mason Jars for it. My plan is to make holes into the lids and use wadding as filter to provide FAE for mycelium growth. So my first question: Is it safe to put the syringe through the wadding to get spores into the jar? Is it really worth it to use agar? I prefer to directly inject spores into the jar to save time and reduce contamination risk.

I plan to let mycelium grow in one of my jars to fully colonies the substrate and then use it to colonies my other jars.
Do you have some tips regarding that technique?
I will work mostly in my bathroom, because it's small and I can completely clean it before starting work.

After I got my fully colonized Jars I'm ready to mix them with verm right?
Planing on making a 1/2 substrate(rye grain  a bit gypsum  mycelium)/verm mixture.
Is that mixture alright? How much of material will I need? Want to buy these materials in some days.

My tub will be prepared like that: I will drill 3 holes on the long sides and 1 hole on the short sides. Wadding will be used as filter.
A black trash back will be placed on the bottom.

When I put everything into my tub another black trash back will be placed on top of the mixture until its fully colonized (~7-12 days).
After I remove that bag I will provide moist for my little friends if needed. Can you see some flaws in my understanding?

My biggest confusion covers substrate and it's casing.
Is rye grain, gypsum and verm really enough to get good results?

Thanks for your help!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfinitysquared
Experimentalist
 User Gallery
Re: Need some help with my first Bulk try [Re: Kelb123]
    #25030579 - 03/01/18 12:58 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Rye grain isn't bulk substrate, it is considered spawn (what you add to the bulk substrate). Rye also has a finnicky preperation process which requires a pressure cooker and you need to look up the tek to follow properly aswell. Good substrate for beginners is coir/verm. Look up Damions 50/50 bucket tek using either cakes or rye as spawn. Fuck coffee grounds, too much risk for contam with little reward.

Yes you definitely need holes in the lid that are at least stuffed with polyfill or "wadding" as you call it. When noccing up, Squirt a little bit through your syringe after you've flame sterilized and before you inject to prevent from burning the polyfill. I fucked this up the first time around, read extensively and did not see this tip anywhere. Looked it up after the fact and this info is what I found. Let consolidate for a week after full colonization.

You dont need another trash bag on top.

Make a SAB if you really want to be successful. Cheap, easy, effective. Pick a tek and follow it to the tee. Use the search function to find different ones and any information you may need along the way (this site has more than enough information available to turn you into a semi-large scale producer of mushrooms within a year. Just do the research. If youre overwhelmed, dont be afraid to ask a question if youre worried but if you have to ask a question for every thing you probably won't make it very far in this hobby.

Protip for using this sites search function: when you first get to the homepage and try to make a search it will beset on search the site. Click on "search our forums above the bar" to see more varied info and search for threads. Took me weeks before I figured this out and for the longest time my searches would yield no results because only official teks and info are posted on the site. Warning: browsing the forums is much more reading and time intensive so be prepared to spend some time going back and forth fact checking and repetitive reading. Repetition is how you learn though so keep at it and youll get it.

I'm a noob on my first bulk grow though, these are just things I know for sure, hope that helps. Mush luv and happy trails.

Edited by Infinitysquared (03/01/18 01:02 AM)

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Need some help with my first Bulk try [Re: Infinitysquared]
    #25030624 - 03/01/18 01:27 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

:whathesaid:
Good job man:thumbup:

I love when people post exactly what I would have said :rofl:

If your gunna go from spores straight to grains make sure your spore syringe is clean.  Check my signature for a clean spore syringe tek:thumbup:

I always go from spores straight to grain, but I'm very clean with my prints.  No print is completely clean though.

I've had a 100% success rate with spores to grain, but I print in a sterile jar:thumbup:

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

Edited by impatientguy (03/01/18 01:32 AM)

OfflineKelb123
Stranger
Re: Need some help with my first Bulk try [Re: Infinitysquared]
    #25030629 - 03/01/18 01:32 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Thank you for telling me about Damion5050 tek.
I can use rye grain and a bit of gypsum as spawn (I have a pressure cooker). So I can still colonize all my jars with G2G tek and use Damion50/50 tek for my substrate, right?
I will make a SAB and get some coir bricks, verm, rye grain and gypsum.

Wish me luck :mushroom2:

OfflineInfinitysquared
Experimentalist
 User Gallery
Re: Need some help with my first Bulk try [Re: Kelb123]
    #25030711 - 03/01/18 03:25 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

That is correct. If you're feeling frisky, you can even multiply your jars by addings some chunks of fully colonized spawn to new sterilized/uncolonized jars.

Good luck man! You got this. :thumbup:

OfflineInfinitysquared
Experimentalist
 User Gallery
Re: Need some help with my first Bulk try [Re: impatientguy]
    #25030712 - 03/01/18 03:27 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

impatientguy said:
:whathesaid:
Good job man:thumbup:

I love when people post exactly what I would have said :rofl:

If your gunna go from spores straight to grains make sure your spore syringe is clean.  Check my signature for a clean spore syringe tek:thumbup:

I always go from spores straight to grain, but I'm very clean with my prints.  No print is completely clean though.

I've had a 100% success rate with spores to grain, but I print in a sterile jar:thumbup:

Thank ya good sir.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started