Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenorthstar777
Stranger
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: 13shrooms]
    #25007157 - 02/20/18 01:53 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Okay So Ive been lurking here for awhile I tried to get spooled up doing this back in November. love you guys by the way. At some point I was planning on doing a proper write up about my experience, and questions. (I didnt want to clutter up this place with my noobness) but I need some feed back now.

grow bag with treasure coast MS I am sure it bacterial done with one lb grain bag spawned with hpoo substrate. out of 3 bags this is the only one that consolidated. 

why is that cluster looking sick and how does the substrate look is it too/wet too/dry? I dont know how to read it.

also this is my next project

how does the tub look?

thanks

and yeah i am already doing agar work to get clean spawn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: northstar777]
    #25007214 - 02/20/18 03:16 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The growbag needs more fae, and looks dry as well. It needs a light misting until glistening with no pooling water, and much more fae. Those growbags do much better if you punch a bunch of holes so it can breathe. Or just make a sgfc.

The tub looks a bit iffy, but I can't say shit without a pic snapped with the lid off.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: northstar777]
    #25007943 - 02/20/18 12:26 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

northstar777 said:
Okay So Ive been lurking here for awhile I tried to get spooled up doing this back in November. love you guys by the way. At some point I was planning on doing a proper write up about my experience, and questions. (I didnt want to clutter up this place with my noobness) but I need some feed back now.

grow bag with treasure coast MS I am sure it bacterial done with one lb grain bag spawned with hpoo substrate. out of 3 bags this is the only one that consolidated. 

why is that cluster looking sick and how does the substrate look is it too/wet too/dry? I dont know how to read it.

also this is my next project

how does the tub look?

thanks

and yeah i am already doing agar work to get clean spawn.

They look like they need some of everything fresh air,  light and a good misting.

CH

InvisibleTookitooki
Mycological Fabricator
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere Flag
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: CH HELL]
    #25010943 - 02/21/18 03:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Clarification on spawn bags and SAB work. 

.2 micron filter, not pre-sealed.  PC in a converted aa941 sterilizer. 

Is it advisable to seal the bags, the way they vacuum down, or should one unwrinkle the opening and seal while pulling tight? Im trying to avoid pin holes along the seal.

If running a sterilizer that pulls a hard vacuum, can one get away with a sealed bag? If so what are the precautions to take?

Thank you

Offlinenorthstar777
Stranger
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Tookitooki]
    #25012311 - 02/22/18 01:38 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to come back but opened this tub today and smelled strongly of vinegar.

here is the shoe box I am working on

Edit/update

Here is the tub today is salvageable?

Edited by northstar777 (02/24/18 07:51 PM)

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Tookitooki]
    #25013083 - 02/22/18 11:49 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tookitooki said:
Clarification on spawn bags and SAB work. 

.2 micron filter, not pre-sealed.  PC in a converted aa941 sterilizer. 

Is it advisable to seal the bags, the way they vacuum down, or should one unwrinkle the opening and seal while pulling tight? Im trying to avoid pin holes along the seal.

If running a sterilizer that pulls a hard vacuum, can one get away with a sealed bag? If so what are the precautions to take?

Thank you

I wouldn’t seal the bags prior to sterilizing with a pc or sterilizer the pressure/vacuum will wreck your filters or create holes.  Heat and pressure and sealed bags are no good.  Tyvek sleeves and neatly folded is the way to go.

CH

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25013095 - 02/22/18 11:54 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

northstar777 said:
sorry to come back but opened this tub today and smelled strongly of vinegar.

here is the shoe box I am working on

Any smell besides fresh mushrooms is bad.
Isolate it and start giving both tubs some air.

CH

OfflineShineonyoucrazy
Apprentice fungi

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo...
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: CH HELL] * 1
    #25014440 - 02/22/18 08:14 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

When top fruiting grain jars what do you do if you end up with in vitro fruits along with a normal flush from the top? Do you wait till the jar stops producing solid flushes from the top then break them out, or is it a one and done? Never had experience trying to top fruit a qt grain jar

--------------------
Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :mushroom2:

OfflineShineonyoucrazy
Apprentice fungi

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo...
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Shineonyoucrazy] * 1
    #25016882 - 02/23/18 06:42 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Bump. Any suggestions

--------------------
Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :mushroom2:

InvisibleShroomymancer
Copy Cat
 User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Shineonyoucrazy]
    #25028537 - 02/28/18 11:10 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

So I have been doing a whole run open air fruiting. From the point of a good heavy pinset that is roughly 1/4 inch tall I toss the lids or dubs to the side. Temperature maintained at steady 75 degrees and I am able to mist frequently throughout the day as needed.  I've dubbed a few times at night now and then if one looks a little on the dry side as I go to bed.

My question is in regards to fuzzy feet, slight whitening of the caps with mycelium, and a wall to wall flush that is generally between 3-4 inches.  I expected larger fruits to be honest.

Normally everyone shouts FAE for fuzzy feet but in this case how can that be possible?  Is insufficient humidity the cause? What about smaller fruits? The stipes are dense and solid and the sub still have a nice glistening over the surface throughout with minimal to no shrinking of the sub itself on the first flush. What am I missing to get these fruits more in the 5-6 inch range?

Same results with MS and Clones side by side so does that knock out the whole genetics catch all answer?

--------------------
beep boop

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Shroomymancer]
    #25028543 - 02/28/18 11:15 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Fuzzy feet is also a simple genetic thing and can pop up in even outdoor grows.
Size is mainly dependant on 3 things...food water and genetics so with heavy pinsets you will get smaller fruits

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleShroomymancer
Copy Cat
 User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: cronicr]
    #25028571 - 02/28/18 11:32 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
Fuzzy feet is also a simple genetic thing and can pop up in even outdoor grows.
Size is mainly dependant on 3 things...food water and genetics so with heavy pinsets you will get smaller fruits

So its reasonable to assume, with multiple strains and test bins that my problem stems more from proper nourishment and hydration to support a heavy pinset growing to large sizes? I should have at least 1 bin with large fruits if genetics was the culprit yes? Nourishment can't get any better than 2 quarts of oats soaked in coffee and gypsum and put straight to coir and verm? Do I need to start using Hpoo?

So hydration of the sub? I notice after cultivating the first flush that the sub is as dry as can be. even though the surface is still moist from misting. If the sub hasn't receded from the sides of the bin how do I get more water in there?

Edit: Im doing shoeboxes with a solid 3-3.5 inch sub depth.

Edit #2: Here is a picture to help

Seriously thumping my head why I can't get 5-6 height out of these guys.

Thank you very much for responding Cronicr:thumbup:

--------------------
beep boop

Edited by Shroomymancer (02/28/18 06:31 PM)

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Shroomymancer]
    #25029908 - 02/28/18 07:21 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

if there is trich on an agar plate...

1. does it always eventually sporalate?

2. can it be identified without a microscope prior to sporalation?

I've grown ridiculous amounts of green lately and i CAN not understand where it's coming from.

if you think it's in my agar you can view my agar in the dick link in my signature.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #25030270 - 02/28/18 10:11 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Hey munch did you ever get a chance to shoot that spore syringe video?
I wanna do a Spore syringe give away without a shit load of bacteria.

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: JHOVA]
    #25030590 - 02/28/18 11:04 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

yes and no. i have like half of it shot. but my youtube channel is gone. and because upload restrictions on vimeo, it will take me several weeks to get all my videos uploaded there. so im gonna record the other half in a few weeks when i have the room to upload it.

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #25030614 - 02/28/18 11:18 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:

I've grown ridiculous amounts of green lately and i CAN not understand where it's coming from.

if you think it's in my agar you can view my agar in the dick link in my signature.

also, how much should i expect to spend on a microscope capable of determining whether or not my plates have trich? what sort of microscope should i be looking at?

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Munchauzen]
    #25030939 - 03/01/18 05:41 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Whats your channel called??

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleAyePlus
Stony Danza
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fairfield, Connecticut
Trusted Cultivator
    #25031215 - 03/01/18 08:49 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
Quote:

verum subsequentis said:

1. does it always eventually sporulate?

2. can it be identified without a microscope prior to sporulation?

also, how much should i expect to spend on a microscope capable of determining whether or not my plates have trich? what sort of microscope should i be looking at?

I’m no TC but FWIW:

A biological specimen microscope or soil scope would be ideal

Here’s the one I have. http://www.microscopenet.com/40x400x-trinocular-compound-siedentopf-microscope-soil-microscopy-p-9807.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjYKs77vL2QIVBLXACh3AjQpfEAQYCiABEgIhZvD_BwE

I plan on upgrading the 40x to 60x or maybe 100x oil immersion for looking at spores at some point but Its low on the list of priorities rn.

When you get it, please help contribute to my thread.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24873961:howyoudoing:

--------------------
Learn about breeding

C10’s agar guide
Good surface conditions = Good pinsets
Read more, post less.
πŸ…‚ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό πŸ„΄  πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό  πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: AyePlus]
    #25031528 - 03/01/18 11:40 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

:popcorn:

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25031657 - 03/01/18 12:48 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
Quote:

verum subsequentis said:

Yeah trich spores are relatively large compared to say penicillium. Which is probably best seen at least at 100x. You can probably get away with 60x for most molds. However, when it comes to agar take a pic and post it. Trich is much different from it's commonly mistaken counterparts aspergillus or penicillium (who are also much more common on agar) because they have a much larger concentration of spores in the air. They all sporulate on an agar dish, either upon agitation/stress, or Fae. Keep in mind all of these can quite easily be identified and isolated away from your myc on agar WITHOUT a microscope. 

Here's some examples.

Trich:

Sporulated from stress

Exposed to more airflow.

Penicillium sporulating after it got to about a nickel size:

Sporulated from having enough GE (polyfil filter on the first and I'm not sure about the 2nd)

Aspergillus:
Quote:

Kizzle said:
Here's one with hidden Aspergillus.

This is a clone of one of the agar pins.

Sporulated from stress

Sporulated from getting large enough/enough GE.

If your transfers are clean, chances are your shit is clean. Green mold on agar is much harder to hide.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Edited by Mad Season (03/01/18 01:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale