Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? * 4
    #25029576 - 02/28/18 05:16 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Think about this...

What if at CERN or elsewhere an experiment will be done which will inadvertently blow the planet to pieces - a devastating explosion which sends chunks of planet earth flying in all directions, at over escape velocity.

These chunks would contain protein and DNA/RNA fragments of microbes and other life inside asteroids, shielded from ratiation, cryoghenically preserved, many of these fragment would be self-replicating when landing in the "primordial soup" of a barren planet's ocean.

4.0 billion years ago the planet was a ball of lava.

3.9 billion years after it had just cooled down it was teeming with life.

That is how it could have started here - an asteroid with self replicating molecules and evolution doing the rest.

What if this is how life spreads in the universe?

That it evolves all the way up to lifeforms which will blow their home planet to smittereens (either by evolutionary favored scientific curiosity or warlike aggression) and with it, the planet sporulates and sends its spores all over space looking for fertile new worlds?

The Universe should be teeming with advanced civilisation but we receive no signals.

What we do receive is vast explosions going off in space every few seconds we dont really have explanations for.

What if we're directed straight to our doomsday so that live may spread to other planets, seeded by the debris of our once so beautiful gem of a planet?

:uhoh:

Selfdestructive Panspermia?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/28/18 08:16 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: Asante]
    #25029608 - 02/28/18 05:30 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah they work with a numberof different scientific experiments that could end the world including dark matter aka antimatter.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: basqueshaman]
    #25029645 - 02/28/18 05:49 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Imagine they do an experiment with zero point energy, the ground state energy underlying the so called vacuum, there is an unanticipated breach of the equibilibrium and the business part of the apparatus at once reaches Planck Temperature, which is 1032 'K whereas the exploding core of a hydrogen bomb is 109 'K. It would instantly blast the earth to smittereens like an egg on top of an M80.

What if the event that does a thing, with sufficiently advanced technology, is as basic as splitting an atom, so you could say that once science gets anywhere near advanced, it stumbles on an experiment that would turn the earth into a gamma ray burst in two opposite directions and a shower of debris in all other directions?

Imagine that the isotope radioisotope ratio was such that madame Curie in her first experiments by accident assembled a critical mass taking out her town?

Not likely with uranium but, what if with the next level of energy release, the first experiment disrupts the solar system it is done in?

There is a level of physics too, at which a Big Bang happens, and we try to emulate what happened right after the Big Bang as close as we could get it.

What if close to those conditions matter turns into a radiation that at a certain level, catalytically makes neutrons come undone in a chain reaction? We'd be sitting on a planet made of flash powder, striking a match in curiosity.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineEthric

Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: Asante]
    #25029676 - 02/28/18 06:01 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I don't really give a shit.

We are all gonna die sooner or later.

Edited by Ethric (02/28/18 06:02 PM)

OfflineSvetaketu
The Devil's Avocado šŸ„‘
Male

Loc: United States
    #25029724 - 02/28/18 06:16 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

That's funny, I was thinking something similar after reading your last post about the 170 strontium atoms going into another atom.

Annihilation has been on my mind lately after watching the latest Kurzgesagt video, The Great Filter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URM

The funny thing is, the prospect of our planet being exploded and chunks being launched throughout space doesn't bother me too much... Obviously I don't want to die, but what a way to go out!

At least we'd spread the love :lol:

Quote:

basqueshaman said:
Yeah they work with a numberof different scientific experiments that could end the world including dark matter aka antimatter.

Dark matter =/= antimatter.

Antimatter is the hypothesized opposite to matter, that should have theoretically been equal in amount to normal matter at the start of our universe, causing all matter to be annihilated, but for some reason there was apparently more matter than antimatter.

Dark matter is matter that we are fairly confident exists, but we are currently unable to detect. There seems to be a huge amount of mass missing in our current understanding of the universe, for it to work the way it currently does. According to the math, about 84.5% of matter is currently undetectable, and has been dubbed "dark matter".

--------------------
LAGM2020
LAGM2021

Edited by Svetaketu (02/28/18 06:20 PM)

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: Svetaketu]
    #25029967 - 02/28/18 07:49 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Joe Rogan says it best:

--------------------

InvisibleDustBunnyM
Male

#25030006 - 02/28/18 08:02 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I'd hope that our universe has the proposed "self defense mechanisms" , that strange matter, antimatter, and/or black hole(s) would instantly negate such disruption. Granted, I'm not worried about the end (nor believe in one), and like to think of the more pleasant possibilities of life. Such as if some experiment WAS that catastrophic, perhaps the reason we've failed at and gradually know less about so much- is that we'd never skip a beat.  Just become picked up, so to speak, the nearest universe- identical, yet the experiment failed.[ Multiverse /infinite universes ]

I've always thought I'd have lost my mind in depression if I studied the field too much :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25030112 - 02/28/18 08:32 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

You should write a science fiction novel about this.  It sounds like an interesting premise.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#25030125 - 02/28/18 08:37 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I work at a movie theater part time and I just saw the annihilation movie for free. I can say that for sure I would have not paid money for it. There were a few really epic moments, but the rest just sort of in suspense.

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

#25030128 - 02/28/18 08:41 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

We are guided by aliens...so it wont happen.

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: tdubz]
    #25030156 - 02/28/18 08:56 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

This is all just a simulation, A way to pass time till we arrive at a new planet! Hope we find something decent!

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#25030162 - 02/28/18 09:01 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I guarantee you Asantee, that you are in the world chamber of international interstellar traversal correspondents.

It's a theme club of the higher minded folks. which questions that you pose would be issued at such a time as a wizard council, or a druids prime.

or, over a beer at a pub in hogwart, or on some side alley in atlanta, or new york city.

The question is, that there is no answer. so speculation is king.

Proof is not coming, so don't try !

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

#25030227 - 02/28/18 09:39 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

To the OP: I think it's possible we came from space debris but I don't think mankind will destroy itself. I think AI will be around soon and take over the important decision making. I don't think aliens would have a reason to travel here and that's why we haven't met them yet. Maybe all of the really intelligent life out there realizes they don't need to leave where they are.

--------------------

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #25030492 - 02/28/18 10:28 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

What if "we" are?

Theres nothing we can do about it

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: stzacrack]
    #25030616 - 02/28/18 11:19 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

InvisibleDustBunnyM
Male

Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: searching]
    #25030678 - 03/01/18 12:33 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I sure wouldn't ignore the possibility, even feeling the way I do about it- we can knock stuff off our bucket list while planning for golden years. Anyone with druq's on our list can preemptively get and save them for long in the future- I don't think the world will suddenly annihilate itself either, but have obvious warnings. Regarding scientific experiments like Asante proposed, I think everyone would benefit from at least subscription to Scientific American/etc. to follow the field (a number of Internet sources are better and cheaper). Experiments/creations like the Hadron Collider, for anyone tripped out for the first time, by this thread/possibility, caused the same worry.

There have been quite a few movies about this scenario, TV series, and many more novels. That is not to say anyone should not try to write one, they become more compelling with every discovery.

[I'd contest/question the idea that proof is absolutely /positively not coming, and hasn't; what the definition of "proof" is. Then, presumably  respond by referencing one of the very few "propertiesā€  of strange matter- its difference by observation- if nothing else  :tongue2: I would concede that I doubt any proof would, could, or even  should become widespread with the current state of our psychology. ]

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: DustBunny]
    #25030687 - 03/01/18 12:42 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

We're in a solar storm or either someone just tried to nuke us, my wifi is scrambled and being re-directed.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #25030820 - 03/01/18 03:06 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

It's conceivable, and definitely not as far fetched as it sounds. When the first nuke was tested, they thought that there was about a 50/50 chance it would ignite the atmosphere and end life on earth. Just sit back and think about that for a second. 50/50, and they went forward with it anyway.

As far as we know, CERN doesn't do anything that would pose any kind of risk. But as they say, there are known unknowns and then there are unknown unknowns. You don't know what you don't know.

I think about the idea from time to time, not so much about CERN, but with future much larger experiments. It's entirely possible that eventually we will eventually one day test something that we REALLY shouldn't have messed with and then BAM, gone. Possible great filter candidate material. Maybe intelligent species only ever become intelligent enough to finally perform the great fatal experiment.

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25030826 - 03/01/18 03:14 AM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Idc as long as my mushie spores find a new home:mushroom2:

Ive thought about sending a couple prints into space with a radio beeper to send out a signal every 6 months with instructions on how to grow them. But idk how to do that.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world? [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25033594 - 03/02/18 12:36 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Call SpaceX. Mobilise the Shoomery & beyond.

This is a thing that must happen :vibin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds