Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinepsilly the kid
Hedge wizard/ Cultist
Male

Loc: Stoprock City
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: feevers]
    #25040084 - 03/05/18 09:47 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

ahahahaha yes ......

in all seriosness though i can have a very visual strong reaction on dmt but do not consider any thing less than complete loss of self/body a breakthrough dose for me

i now just smoke unmeasured piles

--------------------
CA weed @ all times unless specified
currently this high
pebbles suck
its turtles all the way down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: feevers] * 1
    #25040098 - 03/05/18 09:52 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Don't worry about 'breakthrough' doses IMO. If you took enough to have a full-on encounter with an entity then I would argue this qualifies as a breakthrough experience at least by the apparent definition of these Johns Hopkins researchers. :smile:

@ the previous long poster:

I don't see how there's any way we are 'experiencing raw reality' on DMT etc. No matter how hard chemicals tweak the way the brain works, the model of reality we hold in our mind is still based on our senses and perception mechanisms built for survival.

We make sense of the world in terms of functioning specific for us and somewhat specific for the earth, even in breakthrough trips and dreams we use those themes even if some rules are broken about the way the world is supposed to work. In dreams, the imagination and DMT trips everything more or less seems to be possible.

As far as I can tell what reality is it's a sort of source code and perception of reality depends on perceptual requests: cones in our eyes sensitive to specific wavelengths etc narrow down what we need to see. We derive meaning from that and ultimately a narrative. Even if there was any way to transmit the pure source code information it would not be meaningful and I suppose it would be like 'whiting out'.

I don't even think that happens, I think when we have a sort of white out or other mystical states of consciousness involving non-duality and the like, we still experience our mental state but we may gradually lose differentiation. fMRI of people on acid reveals that it causes a sort harmonization of brain faculties, a sort of melding which explains the aforementioned synaesthesia and - what I believe: - not yet well understood forms of synaesthesia which are at the moment only explained by phenomena like 'auras' and even phenomena which work like synaesthesia but involve cross-chatter of cognitive faculties rather than sensory stimuli.

I agree accounts of telepathy between fellow trippers is not yet explained but I think it eventually will be in ways which agree with both science and the phenomena without degrading the experiences.

In a way I do agree that DMT and similar drugs lift the veil of reality but not in the way you seem to be talking about ^ . I think it reveals our mental model of reality and the inner workings of our sensory faculties and how we try to make sense of it with a stream of consciousness and narrative. However our model of reality is hardly accurate because we only see such a limited part of the spectrum.
If we are able to see a sort of source code it will not be that of actual reality but of our personal mental models of reality. Most people are not aware that this distinction exists.
I see you argue the very same thing: that we are not adapted to see "reality" but instead parts that are relevant to our functioning and survival. The idea that we could experience the whole electromagnetic spectrum is absurd and we really don't have the wetware to do it. We also probably don't want to see other levels of reality like seeing upside down and being overly aware of your nose etc.

At best we may experience such things because psychedelics tend to have effects on our sense of novelty which can cause us to experience things as if it is our first time. Nichols argues this involves the locus coeruleus. Effects of psychedelics may also cause us to divert from trodden paths and consolidated neural pathways but more free activity. Without as much constraint we are much freeer to see beyond routine vision and without hiding things like our nose.

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Solipsis]
    #25040206 - 03/05/18 10:57 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

I don't see how there's any way we are 'experiencing raw reality' on DMT etc. No matter how hard chemicals tweak the way the brain works, the model of reality we hold in our mind is still based on our senses and perception mechanisms built for survival.

Very true. As I said towards the end of my post, I don't believe that simply taking a substance can turn back the clock of evolution, giving us an experience devoid of the perceptions we've developed. The "raw data" would be an attempt to experience the nature of existence, still with only our senses, but unbound by much of the surface-level filtering the brain takes part in. I see the brain as just another evolutionary representation, not 'real' in a sense but representative of some process that is at work.

Quote:

As far as I can tell what reality is it's a sort of source code and perception of reality depends on perceptual requests: cones in our eyes sensitive to specific wavelengths etc narrow down what we need to see. We derive meaning from that and ultimately a narrative. Even if there was any way to transmit the pure source code information it would not be meaningful and I suppose it would be like 'whiting out'.

Certainly possible, but it's hard for me to believe that everything is code yet eyeballs, rods and cones are somehow separate from that code, and are 'real' physical objects, that serve as mechanical detectors, that trigger simple sparks of energy in which exists key ingredients of conscious existence. I'd be much more inclined to believe that none of it exists at all, and is again a representation formed by evolution(possibly a multi-dimensional force) to explain this illusion of reality we experience. In that case, the code itself is an illusion as well. If any of this is true, I have no idea how deep the human mind is even able to go in recognition.

Quote:

I don't even think that happens, I think when we have a sort of white out or other mystical states of consciousness involving non-duality and the like, we still experience our mental state but we may gradually lose differentiation. fMRI of people on acid reveals that it causes a sort harmonization of brain faculties, a sort of melding which explains the aforementioned synaesthesia and - what I believe: - not yet well understood forms of synaesthesia which are at the moment only explained by phenomena like 'auras' and even phenomena which work like synaesthesia but involve cross-chatter of cognitive faculties rather than sensory stimuli.

What exactly is our mental state, though? With meditation, it is possible for even beginners to reach states devoid of any sense of their "self"... it doesn't much matter what your past sensory experience is, or even if you're deaf, blind, etc. Experienced practitioners can reach the point where at the neurological level they basically eliminate the startle response and are unresponsive to incoming perceptual stimulation.
A shaman from the Amazon and an american oil CEO can take ayahuasca and have hauntingly similar experiences. Yes, it's all surface-level and tied to what we're able to perceive, but I don't believe that makes it any more explainable. There may be a sense of self that continues to exist beyond the senses we know here, there may be a way of tuning into some 'other', we just don't know.

Quote:

I agree accounts of telepathy between fellow trippers is not yet explained but I think it eventually will be in ways which agree with both science and the phenomena without degrading the experiences.

You're much more optimistic than I am :grin:

Quote:

In a way I do agree that DMT and similar drugs lift the veil of reality but not in the way you seem to be talking about ^ . I think it reveals our mental model of reality and the inner workings of our sensory faculties and how we try to make sense of it with a stream of consciousness and narrative. However our model of reality is hardly accurate because we only see such a limited part of the spectrum.

Very good point. I don't think we're too far off in what we're saying. I'm not arguing that my theories are correct, only that the science can be applied in ways that make them interesting to ponder.

Quote:

If we are able to see a sort of source code it will not be that of actual reality but of our personal mental models of reality. Most people are not aware that this distinction exists.

I feel the same way, but it could be that "actual reality" is something we are intimately familiar with already, and in this realm the only way of experiencing it is through sensory representation, in which DMT/psilocybin can give us as accurate of a picture as we're able to perceive and bring back.

Quote:

At best we may experience such things because psychedelics tend to have effects on our sense of novelty which can cause us to experience things as if it is our first time.

Quite often I actually have the opposite effect. I experience realms that seem like places I have a history with, things that are familiar.

Quote:

Nichols argues this involves the locus coeruleus. Effects of psychedelics may also cause us to divert from trodden paths and consolidated neural pathways but more free activity. Without as much constraint we are much freeer to see beyond routine vision and without hiding things like our nose.

I always attributed the LC activation by LSD/mescaline to simply account for the stimulant type effects, I never really dug deeper. It'd be interesting to see what else that it could suggest, especially since it appears a similar process takes place with DMT/psilocybin.

InvisibleCaptain Shadow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: feevers]
    #25040386 - 03/05/18 12:35 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

It's easy to confuse "reality", any perception, with "consensus", the group density of a perception.

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Captain Shadow]
    #25040478 - 03/05/18 01:27 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Captain Shadow said:
It's easy to confuse "reality", any perception, with "consensus", the group density of a perception.

I assume you're talking about qualia, which is always interesting to consider and often overlooked

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: feevers] * 3
    #25040652 - 03/05/18 02:50 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

It would almost seem as though we have our face in some simulation, almost like the purpose of this ‘class’ is to learn what we do here and then when the class is over we unplug back to where we really live.  Time is an illusion etc.  Upon considering that, a person’s cup runeth over because if infinity is a thing, that is a lot of time to create different classes to just keep on further enriching.

I think that maybe why some people behave as badly as they do.  It’s easy to forget this is just a quick class and actually start believing you’re human.  When you forget where you come from this can be a scary place and appetites run amok.

Psychedelics man, religious sacraments.  Really bad people love when people forget.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25043330 - 03/06/18 03:40 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

ill share my epic UFO encounter on dmt and mushrooms. but i dont want it to be anonymous and i want OP to actually read it

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Amanita86]
    #25043346 - 03/06/18 03:47 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

DMT is the antidote to the compound responsible for the human condition.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25043355 - 03/06/18 03:50 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
DMT is the antidote to the compound responsible for the human condition.

Im willing to bet theres many chemicals involved responsible for "the human condition"

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25043379 - 03/06/18 04:00 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

You misunderstand...when you take DMT, it acts as the antidote to the shit you're currently on.  When taken, it starts to counteract the initial drug that is inducing the human condition...the entities, often described as mischievous or "in on" some joke that you are not, are actually your buddies in the "true reality" laughing at you as you fish around and start to come out of the human condition trance.  Otherwise, one must ride out the experience until it wears off (death).

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25043477 - 03/06/18 04:33 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

All psychedelic drugs are neuromodulators. Perhaps dmt modulates the figure and identities recognition part of brains hence visualizations that often represent other sentient beings.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #25043995 - 03/06/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
ill share my epic UFO encounter on dmt and mushrooms. but i dont want it to be anonymous and i want OP to actually read it

I will never forget the fucking aliens crashing into your bedroom. This is up there in the top 10 trip reports ever for me.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineBlipstir
Human
I'm a teapot

Loc: CO Mountains
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Northerner]
    #25044081 - 03/06/18 09:38 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

I have such little experience with DMT, though this summer looks promising.I wish you had a mushrooms entity survey because then I could add some worth while information.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Blipstir]
    #25044191 - 03/06/18 10:41 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

He wants to see what the entities look like.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Offlinejohnclifton
Stranger
    #25044678 - 03/07/18 07:35 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

I will never forget the fucking aliens crashing into your bedroom. This is up there in the top 10 trip reports ever for me.

Hi there! Although the survey is anonymous we will certainly be reading all of the responses so please feel free to get started :smile:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #25044779 - 03/07/18 08:42 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

Thanks I don't mean to say my experiences are more meaningful or whatever than anyone else's but that trip I just don't see how I could match..its tied with when I shot 4aco and just above me having sex with an alien on pharmahuasca

But yeah in the spirit of truth it wasn't aliens crashing into my room..it was a golden starship that resembled the mellenium falcon from star wars. It slowly hovered up to my left eye and stopped about 2 feet away. 30 seconds after staring in amazement I went out to slowly touch it and when I was about to it slowly hovered away from my grasp and went back into my wall. I came down and my mind felt literally ripped wide open..like I tore some membrane or something.

Not to mention upon the starships arrival, I or it made it rain outside and soon as it popped out of a vortex from my wall the rain stopped

I make the joke that rappers make it rain at strip clubs and I actually made it rain :lol:

Edit: the ship wasn't really shaped like the mellenium falcon but I compare it to it because what I saw was very machine like and mechanical. It was solid gold and I felt like it knew absolutely everything.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinejohnclifton
Stranger
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: johnclifton]
    #25045107 - 03/07/18 10:08 AM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks again for everyone's engagement in the study thus far, the team greatly appreciates it. Please feel free to spread the word about this survey to anyone that you think might be interested.

Cheers, John

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25045704 - 03/07/18 11:47 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

Same!

The UFO at the End of Time.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: johnclifton] * 1
    #25045805 - 03/07/18 12:26 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Why only DMT? Entity encounters are common with all the traditional tryptamines. Even non-tryptamines like Mescaline.

Invisibledmnats
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: the toilet
Re: Johns Hopkins DMT Entity Survey [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #25045841 - 03/07/18 12:45 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Who says there's only one kind of alien trying to communicate with us?

Mckenna believed that mushroom spores were able to survive space travel to become the catalyst of human evolution.

I wouldn't be surprised if these entities we see are actual aliens, but specific to DMT.

My FOAF regularly communicates with entities while on an eighth of shrooms.

It happens once a month, but its consistent to each trip. 

This is why he began to believe in aliens, my FOAF thought that shit was crazy before.

--------------------
the potential for discovery through transgression

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale