Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblenube424
Male

Re: Can someone please tell me if this is mycelium!?!? [Re: RRedBBeard]
    #25737626 - 01/11/19 08:57 AM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

RRedBBeard said:
How did you finally do with this grow?

Old thread bro. It likely failed cuz he never updated. Need help with something?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenaturalistic123
Male User Gallery

Re: Can someone please tell me if this is mycelium!?!? [Re: nube424]
    #25758258 - 01/21/19 12:23 PM (2 years, 2 days ago)

Thanks for asking, I figure you are in a similar situation.  This was my very first grow.  While the jars turned out great, I made the mistake of trying my own version of a shotgun fruiting chamber (smaller than normal).  The cakes began to pin, but shortly thereafter they all aborted, and I threw them out.  I decided to switch my method, and began shredding my cakes into bulk (coir+vermiculite), which turned out awesome,  and soon switched to grains, agar and such, and I have never tried the shotgun fruiting chamber again.

Good luck!

--------------------
Ὡς οὖν εἴπεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι Ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀπῆλθον εἰς τὰ ὀπίσω, καὶ ἔπεσον χαμαί.

OfflineNorthstarFistin
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Can someone please tell me if this is mycelium!?!? [Re: naturalistic123]
    #25758677 - 01/21/19 03:37 PM (2 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

naturalistic123 said:
Thanks for asking, I figure you are in a similar situation.  This was my very first grow.  While the jars turned out great, I made the mistake of trying my own version of a shotgun fruiting chamber (smaller than normal).  The cakes began to pin, but shortly thereafter they all aborted, and I threw them out.  I decided to switch my method, and began shredding my cakes into bulk (coir+vermiculite), which turned out awesome,  and soon switched to grains, agar and such, and I have never tried the shotgun fruiting chamber again.

Good luck!

Perfect example of failure not existing, only closer steps towards success lol

Offlinenaturalistic123
Male User Gallery

Re: Can someone please tell me if this is mycelium!?!? [Re: NorthstarFistin] * 1
    #25764185 - 01/23/19 10:40 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the inspiring words.  Yes, failure in this field should be taken only as a learning tool.  I wish more people would advise newbies to do the shoebox method with coir and verm, rather than the shotgun fruiting chamber.  Maybe if I would have done it properly, it would have been even easier than the shoebox method, but I just can't imagine the SGFC being easier than the shoebox.

I've had about 6 successful runs with shoeboxes (about 10-12 boxes each run).  I think i've got my surface conditions down pretty well, and am contemplating doing full size monotubs soon, just because checking that many boxes becomes tedious after awhile.

--------------------
Ὡς οὖν εἴπεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι Ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀπῆλθον εἰς τὰ ὀπίσω, καὶ ἔπεσον χαμαί.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started