Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer
First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores.
    #25022552 - 02/26/18 07:44 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Okay so this is the type of ''TEK'' I plan on doing [url=
youtube.com/watch?v=kc75VWsrnbM&t=506s[/url]

Only difference is during the fruiting stage I will have a 6500k Floursent lightbulb light on the 12/12 cycle.

Questions:

1. Should I have the lid closed during the night cycle of my grow bin during the fruiting stage?

2. As for fanning and misting, How often should I ?

3. I'm getting my compost & grain bags before my actual spore syrg's now I know I can store my compost bulk into the freezer, but as for the grain bags I've heard refrigerating them will be fine? Is this true?

Any suggestions on me following this Tek video? Or do you guys recommended something else?

--------------------
My first fail / successful grow - 120 grams dried - ShroomDoomie's grow log, Huautlas Mexican strain 1st grow

36fuckin5 -''If nothing else, throw it in a hole outside and cover it with some shit.''

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMrRabbit-HMR
Professional Duck Washer

Loc: UK Flag
Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: Shroomdoomie]
    #25022585 - 02/26/18 08:17 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

• Yes, keep the lid closed. Higher CO2 levels will help increase colonisation times.
  • Wait until substrate is colonised. Then mist to keep surface of substrate glistening. Fan a couple times a day, or don't if it's a monotub dialled in.
  • Yes, true, but really you want to use prepped grain as soon as possible.
  • Try multiple setups and see what works well for you. Use the search function. I personally find monotubs bulky, so do shoebox grows, you might want to look into them, they have many pros...

best of luck and keep us posted with pics!

OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer
Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: MrRabbit-HMR]
    #25022698 - 02/26/18 09:23 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MrRabbit-HMR said:
  • Yes, keep the lid closed. Higher CO2 levels will help increase colonisation times.
  • Wait until substrate is colonised. Then mist to keep surface of substrate glistening. Fan a couple times a day, or don't if it's a monotub dialled in.
  • Yes, true, but really you want to use prepped grain as soon as possible.
  • Try multiple setups and see what works well for you. Use the search function. I personally find monotubs bulky, so do shoebox grows, you might want to look into them, they have many pros...

best of luck and keep us posted with pics!

I was asking more so during the FRUITING stage after colonization. It's suggested to keep the lid closed during the night cycle?

And thank you so much for the rest of the answers and yes I will be keeping a dairy of pictures once I start :smile:

--------------------
My first fail / successful grow - 120 grams dried - ShroomDoomie's grow log, Huautlas Mexican strain 1st grow

36fuckin5 -''If nothing else, throw it in a hole outside and cover it with some shit.''

Offlinepsilly the kid
Street Shaman
Male

Loc: Stoprock City
Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: Shroomdoomie]
    #25022700 - 02/26/18 09:25 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

for research purposes :ohyou:

--------------------
CA weed @ all times unless specified
currently this high
pebbles suck
its turtles all the way down

OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer

Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: psilly the kid]
    #25024005 - 02/26/18 04:10 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilly the kid said:
for research purposes :ohyou:

Lmao

--------------------

InvisibleAyePlus
Tote-tally awesome
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #25024241 - 02/26/18 05:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Get spores first, germinate them on agar, do 2-3 successive transfers to insure cleanliness, when you have clean growth on agar put a piece onto sterilized grain, once that grain is colonized you can expand it or spawn it, you will not need bulk substrate(“compost” as you called it, but dont use compost, use horse poo or coir) for a while if you do it properly, it will be at least a month after you get spores before you are ready for bulk subs, and probably closer to 2. Click the first link in my signature and read from those links for a couple hours before you buy anything.

OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer

Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: AyePlus]
    #25086687 - 03/24/18 09:36 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ugh after my grain bags colonizing for I'd say almost 4 weeks and being white bricks, I broke em down last night before mixing them in the tub wiht the substrate and the more i broke em down the grains were still like reg color but just with hella white myc on it. This would've been my second time breaking it down. I migh every grain had white on it, but idk had me tripped if it was fully colonized or not... ugh... lets see boys how this goes now. Hopefully it colonizes with the substrate. And starts fruiting after -.-

--------------------

InvisibleAyePlus
Tote-tally awesome
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #25086878 - 03/24/18 12:00 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Thats normal. After a shake or breaking up to spawn the mycelium on the outside of the grains is hard to see but it will come back, unless it was  a solid brick because it was bacterial.

OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer

Re: First time grow for research purposes, need help? My Tek good? Getting Compost Spawn,Before Spores. [Re: AyePlus]
    #25087255 - 03/24/18 03:53 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

nah it wasn't Solid solid white brick like u can still see some of the grain color and the grains and stuff, including once i broke it up and then mixed it with the substrate. IT worried me cause I was like damn was it even fully colonized, but I guess I'll see now if it colonizes well with the bulk subsstrate.

--------------------

OfflineShroomdoomie
Rookie farmer

#25087962 - 03/24/18 09:19 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Update Day two, seems like its colonizing, pretty fast too so I think I'm good.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation