Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #25042469 - 03/06/18 09:24 AM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Depends on which part of society. OKCupid data analysis shows that Asian and Indian men are widely considered to be the least attractive of all the races.

That’s probaly true but It doesn’t seem to be affecting their ability to buy big houses and pussy though .

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: qman] * 1
    #25042883 - 03/06/18 12:29 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
You can be poor and have white privilege. 

Example #1: You are a poor white person pulled over by the police.  The police officer asks for your driver's license and registration.  After the police officer runs your information, you might be lucky enough to get off with a warning.  Sure, maybe the cop even acts like a bit of a prick, but it is overall a reasonable encounter with the police.

Example #2: You are a rich black person pulled over by the police.  The police officer asks for your driver's license and registration.  As you attempt to reach into your pocket and pull out the requested documentation, the cop draws his gun and tells you to put your hands in the air -- that's if he doesn't shoot you first.  You put your hands in the air, not wanting to get shot, and he rips you out of the vehicle and slams you into the ground.  After he places you in handcuffs, he starts shouting, "Quit resisting arrest!"  He proceeds to kick and TASER the shit out of you until backup arrives, at which point they join in on the fun.  The following day, you appear before a judge to answer for your crimes.  All he sees is a black thug. 

Being white doesn't mean you have power, money, or access to the best resources; however, it does mean you enjoy privileges, ones you are likely oblivious to, that black people do not.  Imagine being in the same situation as the citizen in example #2.  Do you think the judge's sentence will be lighter, harsher, or about equal, depending upon your skin color?

"it does mean you enjoy privileges"

Yet, you can't quantify it.

"Imagine"

That's all you're doing in the above post.

No, that's not all I am doing.  You're making an assumption based off this one post as if it quantifies the experiences I've had in life, much less the experience of encounters I've had with police while with my black friends.  There is a disparity in police interaction that whites and blacks receive, on average.  I'll tell you this, I am glad I wasn't born black in this society.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: Enlil]
    #25042939 - 03/06/18 12:59 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
That's true.  That isn't really what we're talking about, though.  In a perfect world where the silly notion of "race" in humans had never been invented, people with white skin would have exactly the same advantages as people with brown skin.  That would still result in a larger portion going to people with white skin in the aggregate simply based on proportion, but each human would have the same opportunities.

That isn't what we have, though.  We have white people taking much more than their proportional share of resources.

Or sinse we live a in a white country, a white person is more likely to be rich. And since we are capitalistic and free, these rich guys are able to acquire more wealth and resources. Its not from them being white, just having more money.  More money = more privilege. For example, you would expect a family who has resided in the states for 100s of years to have more money and connections over a new comer or someone who has only spent 10 years here. I got into the career i am in because of my grandpa, if my grandpa hadnt had been here 100 years ago, i wouldn't have had my job connection. Is that white privilege, or Canadian privilege?

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #25042945 - 03/06/18 01:01 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Again, you're talking about a completely different thing.  No one is saying there isn't wealth privilege.  Wealth privilege isn't what keeps your car from being searched when you are stopped for speeding.  That's white privilege.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25042948 - 03/06/18 01:02 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Rich black people receive worse treatment from police than poor white people, on average.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: Asclepius]
    #25042950 - 03/06/18 01:02 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
You can be poor and have white privilege. 

Example #1: You are a poor white person pulled over by the police.  The police officer asks for your driver's license and registration.  After the police officer runs your information, you might be lucky enough to get off with a warning.  Sure, maybe the cop even acts like a bit of a prick, but it is overall a reasonable encounter with the police.

Example #2: You are a rich black person pulled over by the police.  The police officer asks for your driver's license and registration.  As you attempt to reach into your pocket and pull out the requested documentation, the cop draws his gun and tells you to put your hands in the air -- that's if he doesn't shoot you first.  You put your hands in the air, not wanting to get shot, and he rips you out of the vehicle and slams you into the ground.  After he places you in handcuffs, he starts shouting, "Quit resisting arrest!"  He proceeds to kick and TASER the shit out of you until backup arrives, at which point they join in on the fun.  The following day, you appear before a judge to answer for your crimes.  All he sees is a black thug. 

Being white doesn't mean you have power, money, or access to the best resources; however, it does mean you enjoy privileges, ones you are likely oblivious to, that black people do not.  Imagine being in the same situation as the citizen in example #2.  Do you think the judge's sentence will be lighter, harsher, or about equal, depending upon your skin color?

"it does mean you enjoy privileges"

Yet, you can't quantify it.

"Imagine"

That's all you're doing in the above post.

No, that's not all I am doing.  You're making an assumption based off this one post as if it quantifies the experiences I've had in life, much less the experience of encounters I've had with police while with my black friends.  There is a disparity in police interaction that whites and blacks receive, on average.  I'll tell you this, I am glad I wasn't born black in this society.

Yea our white privilege gets more whites than blacks killed by police every year

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042953 - 03/06/18 01:03 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Rich black people receive worse treatment from police than poor white people, on average.

Can you substantiate that claim?

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042959 - 03/06/18 01:06 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Again, you're talking about a completely different thing.  No one is saying there isn't wealth privilege.  Wealth privilege isn't what keeps your car from being searched when you are stopped for speeding.  That's white privilege.

Maybe poor people are more likely to do drugs or partake in illegal activities. And police know that most blacks dont have much money. High likelihood of finding something in said search. And dont blacks commit 50% of violent crime?

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25042961 - 03/06/18 01:06 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Yea our white privilege gets more whites than blacks killed by police every year

Incorrect.  Given that black people make up only 14-15% of the U.S. population, they are statistically at greater risk of being killed by police than white people -- I think the number is somewhere around 3 times more likely, if I remember correctly.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042965 - 03/06/18 01:08 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Incorrect.  Given that black people make up only 14-15% of the U.S. population, they are statistically at greater risk of being killed by police than white people -- I think the number is somewhere around 3 times more likely, if I remember correctly.

Correct in raw numbers. Proves police are ill trained and shoot everybody, not just blacks. And if you really wanna dig, natives have highest likelihood of being killed by police

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25042969 - 03/06/18 01:09 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:

I can. 

Blacks 2.5 Times More likely to be killed by police than whites

Incarceration rates higher for blacks than whites, for the same crimes

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #25042970 - 03/06/18 01:09 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
And police know that most blacks dont have much money. High likelihood of finding something in said search. And dont blacks commit 50% of violent crime?

So, you admit that blacks are subjected to worse treatment than whites?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Are you sick of the conservative VS liberal mentality? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25042974 - 03/06/18 01:11 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Correct in raw numbers. Proves police are ill trained and shoot everybody, not just blacks. And if you really wanna dig, natives have highest likelihood of being killed by police

But black are nearly 3 times as likely to be shot and killed by police than whites.  I agree that police are trained poorly, are often times jumpy on the job, and take as little risk to their own safety as possible.  But that still doesn't explain the huge disparity in the number of blacks killed by police compared to whites.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042975 - 03/06/18 01:11 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:

I can. 

That proves rich black men are treated worse than poor white men?

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25042979 - 03/06/18 01:12 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
And police know that most blacks dont have much money. High likelihood of finding something in said search. And dont blacks commit 50% of violent crime?

I noticed that, too.  :awesomenod:

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25042983 - 03/06/18 01:14 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:

I can. 

That proves rich black men are treated worse than poor white men?

Are statistics on black people in general not comprised of all income demographics?

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042985 - 03/06/18 01:15 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

But black are nearly 3 times as likely to be shot and killed by police than whites.  I agree that police are trained poorly, are often times jumpy on the job, and take as little risk to their own safety as possible.  But that still doesn't explain the huge disparity in the number of blacks killed by police compared to whites.

Police would be more likely to draw a gun on the most violent demographic. Dont blacks commit 50% of violent crime, yet make up 13% of the population? Thats a pretty high likelihood of a police encountering a black in a violent situation, more chances for things to go south

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25042990 - 03/06/18 01:16 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

It proves wealth privilege.  Im sure poor white trash, trailer park hillbillies get searched for meth when they get pulled over too

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25043002 - 03/06/18 01:20 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Police would be more likely to draw a gun on the most violent demographic. Dont blacks commit 50% of violent crime, yet make up 13% of the population? Thats a pretty high likelihood of a police encountering a black in a violent situation, more chances for things to go south

Are those statistics not skewed by way of wrongful arrests and convictions?  There are data that prove black people are more likely than white to be incarcerated and/or arrested for similar crimes -- I provided you with that pew research citation already.  So, if blacks are more likely to be arrested for similar crimes that whites are not arrested for, wouldn't that skew the percentages?  To the contrary, the pew research supports the notion that black people in general, much less wealthy black people, are more likely than whites to receive poor treatment from the police and the criminal justice system.  I'd hardly say that blacks are more violent than whites, on average.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25043005 - 03/06/18 01:20 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Keep telling yourself that.  I get it, though.  With your white privilege, you've only been able to get up to $30k/year.  You don't want to lose the advantage you have or you'll make even less.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom