Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Holy AR 15...
    #25013306 - 02/22/18 01:37 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Poconos church to bless couples toting AR-15 rifles; national church leader wears crown, keeps rifle on desk
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-ar-15-church-blessing-poconos-02202018-story.html

"A Poconos-based offshoot of the Unification Church is encouraging couples to bring their AR-15 rifles with them to a commitment ceremony in the Pocono Mountains, a half-mile from an elementary school.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland said it planned the Feb. 28 ceremony months ago, well before last week's massacre at a Florida high school. Authorities say the alleged gunman used an AR-15 in the attack that killed 17.

Tim Elder, the Unification Sanctuary's director of world missions, said Tuesday the church believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" mentioned in the Bible's apocalyptic book of Revelation.

The church website directs couples to show up to the ceremony with an AR-15 "or equivalents such as an AK semiautomatic rifle, representing both the intent and the ability to defend one's family, community ... "

The church has about 200 congregants who attend services on Sunday and another 200 who watch online programs conducted by its leader, Rev. Hyung "Sean" Jin Moon. He is the son of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah who founded the Unification Church, which is often described as a cult.

The younger Moon also conducts an online political interview program in which he wears a golden crown and camouflage jacket and displays an AR-15 assault rifle on his desk.

In that setting, Moon interviewed Paul Mango, a Republican candidate for governor, for more than 30 minutes last month.

During the video, a smiling Mango nods as Moon characterizes Pennsylvania's public schools as bastions of liberalism. Teachers, Moon said, indoctrinate children into "homosexual" and "transgender" political agendas while failing to teach them mathematics. Colleges, he added, are worse, because they infuse their liberal agenda on students who graduate believing in Sharia law.

The church is down the road from Wallenpaupack South Elementary School, and some parents expressed alarm at the planned ceremony.

"It's something I would consider keeping my child home. It's scary," parent Liz Zoccola told WNEP-TV.

"I wish they wouldn't have it at all. I don't think there's a good time to have it, especially this close," Kendra Hanor, another parent, told the station.

Elder told the AP that the weapons will be unloaded, secured with zip ties and checked at the door. He said the church did not consider canceling or moving the ceremony.

"Now more than ever, good people need to stand up and claim for themselves the tools that can be used to stop that kind of evil," he said.

State police are aware of the event but do not plan to send any troopers to it, since the church is breaking no law, Trooper Mark Keyes said Tuesday.

The Pennsylvania offshoot is a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment. Unification Sanctuary operates a group called Rod of Iron Ministries, which is hosting a "President Trump Thank You Dinner" on Saturday — a fundraiser for Gun Owners of America.

The Rev. Hyung "Sean" Jin Moon’s brother founded Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturer."

:pope::guns: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: vinsue]
    #25013319 - 02/22/18 01:43 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't know the moonies were still a thing.

--------------------

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #25013327 - 02/22/18 01:47 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Send in the ATF, they're good at burning those type of people alive.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25013338 - 02/22/18 01:53 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if Moonies have an equivalent to the Peoples Temple white nights...

Either way, this sounds like some straight up scary stuff!

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Asclepius] * 2
    #25013345 - 02/22/18 01:57 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

They're kinda like Jehovah's Witnesses in that they go door to door to recruit people. However, they're a lot more pushy about it. If you open your door for them, then try to close it they'll stick their foot in the door. More than a few had to limp back to their cars. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #25013391 - 02/22/18 02:18 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Nice:thumbup:

OfflineSkellies

Loc: The Dream
Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25013402 - 02/22/18 02:23 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds slightly familiar...

Quote:

unam sanctum said:
Send in the ATF, they're good at burning those type of people alive.

That firefight would be a nightmare if they're serious in their convictions. Out of 200 congregates I'd guess around 80 would be armed.

--------------------
Nosleep mode: Activated

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: xzylocybin]
    #25013418 - 02/22/18 02:27 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

LOL....the Pennsylvania sticks. My sister had a home that was close to some militant militia group's shooting range and there was often full automatic rifles being fired. This was probably 15 years ago, though.

There sure are some crazies out there!

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Thayendanegea] * 3
    #25013440 - 02/22/18 02:37 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Because everyone who doesn’t live in a city and owns firearms is crazy. Living in a concrete grid and drinking starbucks makes you smart.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25013492 - 02/22/18 02:55 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

No that is not crazy.

Crazy is making a religion out of weapons and conflict.  Thinking that God has you in favor and DELUSION of superiority.  That they think all they do is ok and rightieious based on some fictional logic and shit like that.

So aome bird told you that your God or some interpretation of the bible is read alme way and suddenly your shooting spree is not mass murder and is vindicated?

So I guess God told these people to be paranoid and stockpile weapons?

It's crazy

Thoughts lead to actions.  No good houghts brought weapons into the wrorld.  They haven't ended war or brought lasting peace.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #25013517 - 02/22/18 03:05 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds anti semitic and islamaphobic to me

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25013526 - 02/22/18 03:07 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

What does

--------------------

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25013554 - 02/22/18 03:19 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if everyone would be as afraid if they were bringing semi auto pistols instead of ar’s

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#25013574 - 02/22/18 03:28 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

the man approves :manofapproval:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25013583 - 02/22/18 03:31 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
What does

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
No that is not crazy.

Crazy is making a religion out of weapons and conflict.  Thinking that God has you in favor and DELUSION of superiority.  That they think all they do is ok and rightieious based on some fictional logic and shit like that.

So aome bird told you that your God or some interpretation of the bible is read alme way and suddenly your shooting spree is not mass murder and is vindicated?

So I guess God told these people to be paranoid and stockpile weapons?

It's crazy

Thoughts lead to actions.  No good houghts brought weapons into the wrorld.  They haven't ended war or brought lasting peace.

All that does

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: zZZz]
    #25013590 - 02/22/18 03:33 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Authentic religion is not aggressive.  But religion can be moving and a lot of people are moved to aggression.  Wanting the power of peace so much or even having some peace that dulls the fear.  But I don't think religion is about that sort of courage.

There just isn't many authentic religious people.  People really believe they know but it doesn't seem to show in their words and how they treat people that they see as not on the same page as them.

The word 'different' is used by a lot of so claimed religious folks I have known.

--------------------

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25013591 - 02/22/18 03:33 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Well anti all abrahamic religions really, what you wrote describes all three of them.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25013597 - 02/22/18 03:34 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Jews and Muslims are against each other.

Obviously neither religion is going to solve their issues.  They both wage genocide is a method of establishing their religions authority.

Obviously, both are wrong.

Religion is not details.  People think it is, it's really honestly very much not details.

--------------------

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Holy AR 15... [Re: xzylocybin] * 1
    #25013609 - 02/22/18 03:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The Sikhs do a pretty good job at making kind peaceful people and spreading love, and carrying weapons and being a warrior is one of the core concepts of their faith. They are super rad.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25013642 - 02/22/18 03:43 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Just a blade.

The world is different today but also not very different.  Never know what crazy ideas or motivations someone is going to have, that you run into.

SO that's always been a problem.

Perhaps that's why my religion is anti social.  I can be social but I find that people are very complicated and unpredictable when in new situations.

Worse yet I come to predict in some precognitive fashion, their behavior.  It makes it more painful.  But also not seeing bad things coming is lasting pain as well.

I just don't think religious experience is justified by words.  Words are subjective.  Religion is much more vast and something special.  There is more to what we say, the energy behind the words.  So bad energy can make words from a good place, very very wrong.

And that's what most of organized religion does.  They take a good place and make it bad.  There seems to be good peace loving people though.  It's just hard to be strong and peaceful with our we are fearfully conditioned.  It's hard to sustain faith with having no defensive posture.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale