Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
What are some good entheogenic plants to grow
    #25000709 - 02/17/18 08:12 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

What are some good entheogenic type plants that I could grow starting from a seedling or at least cuttings preferably? Cactus is out of the picture for now and I will save that project for another time. However, what are some entheogenic plants that I can legally secure and grow for fun? Salvia would be fun however it is illegal in my state and don't think 'vendors could legally ship clippings here. Thanks guys

Edited by dancingcactusman (02/17/18 03:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: What are some good ethnogenic plants to grow [Re: dancingcactusman]
    #25000747 - 02/17/18 08:37 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

There's a lot of options. What climate are you in? Can you take your plants inside during the winter? Are you looking for plants that require little care or are you willing to work with more capricious species?

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What are some good ethnogenic plants to grow [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25000758 - 02/17/18 08:45 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I love in the deep south U.S. in what is considered a subtropical climate. Hot summer's and with the exception of this past winter typically mild winter. I have the ability to grow it strictly outdoors or I would prefer to be able to plant whatever species I end up choosing in a pot. We get a lot of never-ending downpours in this area and that way I could just transfer the potted plant inside when the rains get bad to avoid drowning the plant. I am willing to take on a species that would require more work and tending to for sure. That's half the fun right there! Although of course I am not totally opposed to plants that require very little effort either. I just prefer a plant I can sink a bit of time into caring for a be proud of it and my accomplishment when it reaches it's prime.

Edited by dancingcactusman (02/17/18 08:57 AM)

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25000874 - 02/17/18 09:34 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice, here are my suggestions:

• Mitragyna speciosa (kratom): an established cutting could do very well in the ground in your climate, it loves rain and warmth and could become a huge tree within a few years. No risk of drowning, it can grow and thrive in mangroves and rivers. One of my personal favorite plants.

• Banisteriopsis caapi: really beautiful vine, can quickly colonize a fence for example.

• Psychotria viridis: makes a great companion for the caapi

• Argyreia nervosa: lovely vine with huge silvery leaves, beautiful flowers, and hallucinogenic seeds.

• Mimosa hostilis and various acacias (A. confusa, A. simplex, A. acuminata for example).

• Salvia recognita contains salvinorin (albeit in smaller amounts than S. divinorum) and is legal.

• Catha edulis: drought hardy bush, some varieties have beautiful deep red leaves

• Some others: ephedra, sceletium tortuosum, ilex paraguariensis (yerba maté)

• And seriously: cacti! :smile:

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
    #25000920 - 02/17/18 10:02 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You forgot coca bushes.
Now, i think the Erythroxylum Novo variety might be legal to grow in the US.
You might have to look that up.
The coca leafs are stimulating when chewed or you can do as many does, a tea from the leaves.
It´s nothing like cocaine, more like a coffee on steroids.
Only downside, you might get positive results for cocaine in a drug test.

If you like psychadelics, there is a whole bunch of plants containing DMT.
DMT is like nothing else in this world, a truly unique thing.

You live in a good climate for growing ethnobotanicals.
Good luck.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

OfflineTheUpsideDown
Stranger Thing

Loc: Georgia
    #25001261 - 02/17/18 12:32 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MeanGreen said:
Very nice, here are my suggestions:

• Mitragyna speciosa (kratom): an established cutting could do very well in the ground in your climate, it loves rain and warmth and could become a huge tree within a few years. No risk of drowning, it can grow and thrive in mangroves and rivers. One of my personal favorite plants.

• Banisteriopsis caapi: really beautiful vine, can quickly colonize a fence for example.

• Psychotria viridis: makes a great companion for the caapi

• Argyreia nervosa: lovely vine with huge silvery leaves, beautiful flowers, and hallucinogenic seeds.

• Mimosa hostilis and various acacias (A. confusa, A. simplex, A. acuminata for example).

• Salvia recognita contains salvinorin (albeit in smaller amounts than S. divinorum) and is legal.

• Catha edulis: drought hardy bush, some varieties have beautiful deep red leaves

• Some others: ephedra, sceletium tortuosum, ilex paraguariensis (yerba maté)

• And seriously: cacti! :smile:

This list has lots of things I would love to have in my garden one day..

--------------------
My Greenhouse, with blueprints!

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
Re: What are some good ethnogenic plants to grow [Re: TheUpsideDown]
    #25001494 - 02/17/18 02:58 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

you mean drugs plants?

Definition of ethnogeny
plural -es
: a branch of ethnology that deals primarily with the evolution of races

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What are some good ethnogenic plants to grow [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #25001518 - 02/17/18 03:09 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DualWieldRake said:
you mean drugs plants?

Definition of ethnogeny
plural -es
: a branch of ethnology that deals primarily with the evolution of races

Yes. Typo on my part. Just fixed it. Thanks for the answers so far guys! Still considering my options but the lists you have all currently provided are definitely providing me with much food for thought!

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25001556 - 02/17/18 03:30 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You made it worse! :grin:

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25001606 - 02/17/18 03:58 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

In my defense there are several similarly spelled words! Lol

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25001629 - 02/17/18 04:12 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You are right :smile:

You will see a lot of stuff named here won't be necessarily entheogens either

This subforums name if anything will only assist in the confusion

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25001669 - 02/17/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Well I am glad to be here! My main interest so far is the Salvia recognita. I have found some seeds that could be shipped to me from Europe (all the vendors for this seed seem to be concentrated in the EU somewhere). I have tried googling info and have found a little but of course the info on this plant seems a bit limited. Does anyone know appropriate sow times? And roughly how long it's grow period is?

Secondly just how potent is it compared to its cousin Salvia D? Most sources seem to agree that while it is certainly active, it is significantly less potent than Salvia Divinorum. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

The kratom cutting also seems intriguing however the house I currently reside in is not a permanent location and methinks that project would obviously be better saved until I am in a permanent or more long term residence.

Thanks all!

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25001718 - 02/17/18 04:59 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia recognita is a perennial, so it will keep growing for a while.
From seed to harvestable material depends on a ton of factors, without having grown this plant i'd guesstimate 3 to 6 months.

If you have a bright space indoors where temperature doesn't drop too much you can probably sow them year around
Otherwise definately wanna wait till last frost date has passed

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25002178 - 02/17/18 08:20 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Here is the study which found Salvinorin in Salvia recognita, you'll find the actual potency of it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28722248/

Here's one of my seedlings:

The seeds have a hard shell, I recommend nicking them or maybe trying a hot water bath like acacias.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
    #25002857 - 02/18/18 05:41 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I was just about to ask about that.
guess S. recognita is getting added to the collection:cheers:

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What are some good ethnogenic plants to grow [Re: Dark lotus]
    #25003001 - 02/18/18 07:38 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a study on I found that focused on levels of Salvia in other strains of the plant. Notice the results portion of the study. I'm not much of a science guy so could someone explain the potency findings of Salvia Recognita to me?

Quote:

Screening of Hallucinogenic Compounds and Genomic Characterisation of 40 Anatolian Salvia Species.

Author information
1 TUBITAK National Metrology Institute (UME), Reference Materials Laboratory, 41400, Kocaeli, Turkey.
2 Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Letters, Istanbul Technical University, 34469, Istanbul, Turkey.
3 Bioanalysis Laboratory, TUBITAK National Metrology Institute (UME), 41400, Kocaeli, Turkey.
4 Organic Chemistry Laboratory, TUBITAK National Metrology Institute (UME), 41400, Kocaeli, Turkey.
5 Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Bezmialem Vakıf University, 34093, Istanbul, Turkey.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Salvia, an important and widely available member of Lamiaceae family. Although comparative analysis on secondary metabolites in several Salvia species from Turkey has been reported, their hallucinogenic chemicals have not been screened thoroughly.

OBJECTIVE:
This study provides LC-MS/MS analysis of 40 Salvia species for screening their psychoactive constituents of salvinorin A and salvinorin B. 5S-rRNA gene non-coding region of Salvia plants was sequenced, aligned and compared with that sequence of Salvia divinorum plant.

METHODOLOGY:
Targeted molecules of salvinorin A and salvinorin B were quantified, using LC-MS/MS, from all aerial parts of 40 Salvia species, collected from different parts of Turkey. Regions of 5S-rRNA gene from different species were amplified by polymerase chain reaction and DNA sequences were aligned with Salvia divinorum DNA sequences.

RESULTS:
Very few of the Salvia species (S. recognita, S. cryptantha and S. glutinosa) contained relatively high levels of salvinorin A (212.86 ± 20.46 μg/g, 51.50 ± 4.95 μg/g and 38.92 ± 3.74 μg/g, respectively). Salvinorin B was also found in Salvia species of S. potentillifolia, S. adenocaulon and S. cryptantha as 2351.99 ± 232.22 μg/g, 768.78 ± 75.90 μg/g and 402.24 ± 39.71 μg/g, respectively. The sequences of 5S-rRNA gene of 40 different Salvia species were presented and it was found that none of the Salvia species in Turkey had similar DNA sequence to Salvia divinorum plant.

CONCLUSION:
This is the first report of screening 40 Salvia species in Turkey according to their psychoactive constituents, salvinorin A and salvinorin B and their genomic structures. It is possible that some of these Salvia species may exhibit some psycho activity. Thus, they need to be screened further.

Offlinedancingcactusman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25003007 - 02/18/18 07:40 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

And a link to the forum on which I found the study posted. Could not find the original publication with the study just this copy and repaste on another site.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25003680 - 02/18/18 01:29 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I posted the link to the actual study above. If anyone has a wiley account to access the full article I'd be keen on getting it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28722248/

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25003699 - 02/18/18 01:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dancingcactusman said:
Here is a study on I found that focused on levels of Salvia in other strains of the plant. Notice the results portion of the study. I'm not much of a science guy so could someone explain the potency findings of Salvia Recognita to me?

From what I could find, the salvinorin content of S. divinorum is between 600 and 830ug per gram (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25710779), while the study found S. recognita to contain between 210 and 230ug/g.

So divinorum is about 3 to 4 times more potent than recognita, ie a 4x extract of recognita should be equal to plain divinorum leaf.

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by MeanGreen (02/18/18 01:45 PM)

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
    #25004740 - 02/18/18 11:26 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Either way, that is still a practically useable quantity of Salvinorin A.

Lets see them ban that one. :dancer:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck