Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next >
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: Buffy]
    #25083894 - 03/23/18 01:22 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Buffy said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Guccifer 2.0 has now been linked directly to an IP address in GRU headquarters in Moscow responsible for the group 'CozyBear' who did the DNC hacks. Probably just another one of those nothing burgers though right? Maybe he hacked into the GRU to route his traffic? :shrug:

Quote:

Guccifer 2.0 Linked to GRU Officer's IP Address

But on one occasion, The Daily Beast has learned, Guccifer failed to activate the VPN client before logging on. As a result, he left a real, Moscow-based Internet Protocol address in the server logs of an American social media company, according to a source familiar with the government’s Guccifer investigation. Twitter and WordPress were Guccifer 2.0’s favored outlets. Neither company would comment for this story, and Guccifer did not respond to a direct message on Twitter.

Working off the IP address, U.S. investigators identified Guccifer 2.0 as a particular GRU officer working out of the agency’s headquarters on Grizodubovoy Street in Moscow. (The Daily Beast’s sources did not disclose which particular officer worked as Guccifer.)

Security firms and declassified U.S. intelligence findings previously identified the GRU as the agency running “Fancy Bear,” the ten-year-old hacking organization behind the DNC email theft, as well as breaches at NATO, Obama’s White House, a French television station, the World Anti-Doping Agency, and countless NGOs, and militaries and civilian agencies in Europe, Central Asia, and the Caucasus.

It's nothing at all. Fake news intended to distract from the very real possiblity that Seth Rich inserted a malicious flash drive into a DNC computer and then leaked to Wikileaks. Fake news

:highfive:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: musiclover420]
    #25083896 - 03/23/18 01:25 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Obviously Jews are behind the hacks, just like Putin said.

He didn't say Jews were behind the attack as I pointed out here.
:doublefacepalm:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: Buffy]
    #25083900 - 03/23/18 01:27 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Buffy said:
Why are you bringing up intelligence agencies and officials? How can they possibly matter? What's really important is what does Jimmy Dore think? That will lead us to the truth, clearly.

No.  Rational thought will lead to the truth, not blindly following one source's opinion.  As I've said before, I often beat Jimmy Dore to his arguments.  I wonder if he reads my posts here.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleBuffy
The Slayer
Female

Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25083938 - 03/23/18 02:01 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

You're really a special kind of something, Falcon. Snowflakish, even.

Edited by Buffy (03/23/18 02:02 AM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25084236 - 03/23/18 06:59 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
If I blackmailed or attempted to blackmail you, what would I be charged with? Extortion?

Depends on the state.  The primary difference between blackmail and extortion is that extortion is theft by coercion.  Usually, extortion is where you threaten to do something to someone if they don't pay money.  That something is usually wrongful or illegal. For instance, "I'll break your legs if you don't give me 10 bucks"

Blackmail, by contrast, is where you threaten to reveal information about someone if money isn't paid.  There doesn't actually have to be anything wrongful about the reveal of information.  It can be a threat to reveal an affair or out a gay man.  Anything that the "victim" wouldn't want revealed.

The reason it depends on the state is that the above definitions are the common law terms, and many states have just combined them both into extortion.  Some have not.  Also, there is a ton of overlap between the two, and often something can be blackmail and extortion.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25084240 - 03/23/18 07:02 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I asked if they just offered to blackmail politicians, or if they actually DID blackmail politicians.  :shrug:

Either way, it would still be a crime:shrug:

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: Enlil]
    #25084273 - 03/23/18 07:32 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

What if the blackmailer wants preferential treatment from a government official. No money involved.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: koods]
    #25084295 - 03/23/18 07:49 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)

That would qualify.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25084928 - 03/23/18 12:17 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Buffy said:
You're really a special kind of something, Falcon. Snowflakish, even.

I guess that's about as strong an argument as we've come to expect from you.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #25086116 - 03/23/18 09:32 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Bully for the government.  They indicted 9 Iranians for hacking. :crazybeard:

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/iranians-a-10736

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25086260 - 03/23/18 11:28 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Cambridge Analytica does have ties to Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just one conspiracy where they worked together.

Agreed 100%:

Russia and CA both like to use Ukrainian women as blackmail.

They seem to have a similar method of data harvesting for propaganda/manipulation.

That's their "ties to Russia"?!?!?  Or did I miss a post somewhere?

Maybe not ties to Russia, but ties to high ranking British conservatives:

Tory donors among investors in Cambridge Analytica parent firm
Quote:

SCL Group’s shareholders and officers have included two former Tory ministers

Conservative party donors are among the investors in the company that spawned the election consultancy at the centre of a storm about use of data from Facebook.
Filings for SCL Group, which is at the top of a web of companies linked to Cambridge Analytica, show that since its conception in 2005 its shareholders and officers have included a wine millionaire who has given more than £700,000 to the party, a former Conservative MP, and a peer who was a business minister under David Cameron.

...a spokesperson acknowledged that the government had previously held three contracts with SCL Group but said that they had ended well before the current issues.

From its outset as a UK-registered company, SCL Group had investors from the upper echelons of British life...

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25086271 - 03/23/18 11:40 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Well yeah, it's a british company...

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: krypto2000]
    #25086276 - 03/23/18 11:43 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Wow a british company with british investors :lol:

Maybe the UK is one of the 200 places CA has manipulated elections in, I wonder if they were involved with Brexit and some other questionable moves :strokebeard:

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Well yeah, it's a british company...

Beat me to it :shakefist:

Anyways it makes sense they would have support from some local politicians. They need some puppets to help pass beneficial laws after all...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: sweeper54]
    #25427692 - 09/01/18 02:30 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I bet you that Trump remains president after 1 Sep 18:

Loser bans himself from the entire Shroomery for one month.

Loser's signature has to say "I am stupid for (not) believing that Trump would be out of office by 01 Sep 18."

Loser's signature must visibly include this for 3 months after the bet is lost.

Trump leaving office due to death or illness would annul the bet.

Do we have a deal sweeper?

Of course I accept the bet I just wanted to see you make a fool of yourself.

At the speed things are moving this piece of shit will be gone way before September.

Independence Day could have a whole new meaning.

:lolsy:

Excellent.  It's a bet!

It appears Sweeper's been following these threads based on his last login date of 31 Aug. Time to change your sig, my dude.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #25427892 - 09/01/18 06:36 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Funny you were talking about Cambridge Analytics.

This one didn’t get the coverage one would expect because the indictment didn’t come from the special counsel, but the federal prosecutor for DC and prosecutors from the counterintelligence department at the DOJ: Sam Patten has plead guilty to acting as a foreign agent and funneling money from Russian connected Ukrainians to the Trump inauguration fund. He also was an employee of Cambridge analytica’s voter microtargetimg operation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/public-safety/washington-consultant-for-ukraine-party-set-to-plead-guilty-to-violating-lobbyist-disclosure-law/2018/08/31/172cf2c8-ad23-11e8-a8d7-0f63ab8b1370_story.html

Quote:

An American political consultant who is cooperating with federal prosecutors admitted in court Friday that he steered $50,000 from a Ukrainian politician to Donald Trump’s inaugural committee — the first public confirmation that illegal foreign money was used to help fund the January 2017 event.

W. Samuel Patten, 47, pleaded guilty Friday to failing to register as a foreign lobbyist while working on behalf of a Ukrainian political party. He says he was helped by a Russian national who has been linked to Russian intelligence by U.S. prosecutors and who was also an associate of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: krypto2000] * 1
    #25550243 - 10/19/18 12:52 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25550260 - 10/19/18 12:56 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the link

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25550367 - 10/19/18 01:39 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
This just hit the news:

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/latest-russian-woman-charged-us-election-meddling-58619944

Its getting interesting! :popcorn:

Ridiculous nonsense. Anyone with a political opinion on Facebook could be considered "meddling" in an election. It's a joke.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: qman] * 1
    #25550372 - 10/19/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

BTW, whatever happened to this "investigation"?  I thought Trump was going to prison or something by now.  :lol:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference [Re: qman]
    #25550389 - 10/19/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

you thought wrong :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder