Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Charities Want us to Selfish
    #24993303 - 02/14/18 07:59 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Recently, a non-profit my mom works for has been really scaling back with how many events they do, and much they help out. Turns out a lot of the money raised and donated was going into the pockets of the owners who were already multi-millionaires. Yet despite this being advertised all over facebook in her local area, they still do events and get similar attendance as before, and raise the same amount of money from the same locals.

Tons of charities and non-profits have been outed for spending their money in immoral ways that don't at all help the cause, still most of these charities are still up and running and just as succcessfull.

Lemme give you my opinion. Most people don't give a fuck where their money goes. Whether it goes to feeding starving children or buying a rolls royce for a billionaires. As long as in the back of their head they know "i donated it to charity", they'll feel good about themselves. Most people dont donate to charity because they feel like they'll really help the cause andchange the world. They do it to make themselves feel good, and make everyone around them think they're a swell guy. It's a selfish act of selflessness. We act in our own interests, and charities know and take advantage of that.

I would say, try and avoid donating to charities that seem 'too big', are run by rich people, have too many employees, or advertise on television. Chances are you're giving 5 dollars to a wildly successful business mogul and his cronies, who turned the suffering of others into profit. Lame as hell, son.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Charities Want us to Selfish [Re: Near Dylan] * 1
    #24993366 - 02/14/18 08:55 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone knows that.

:underage:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Charities Want us to Selfish [Re: 1234go]
    #24993541 - 02/14/18 10:32 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Goodwill is a scam.  They don't hire felons, they don't pay even full minimum wage training disabled people.  The local CEO makes over 100k yearly and hardly oversees anything at all.

Most people don't make squat working for goodwill.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Charities Want us to Selfish [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24993561 - 02/14/18 10:40 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

most non-profits spend the bulk of their money on executive pay and advertising.  Usually only a tiny percentage (2-5%) gets spent of services or programs to help anything or anyone.  The main reason people donate to these scams is for the tax write-off.

I want to start a non-profit to take disadvantaged kids fishing so I can pay myself to go fishing everyday.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Charities Want us to Selfish [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24995719 - 02/15/18 06:11 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The RSPCA robbed me of the price of a pair of trousers. The women that I brought it up with mentioned the fact that she was a volunteer for a charity shop, as if that is a fucking excuse for ripping off customers.

I use these shops for other reasons than the fact that they are charities, and that in this case it goes to some fluffy bunny loving dipshits favourite cause.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom