Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: Hobbyist]
    #24991716 - 02/13/18 04:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hobbyist said:
Quote:

triphead9428 said:

I know its technically a psychedelic but its not what most people think of if you use the term psychedelics. For the purposes of speaking to the general public, psychedelics just mean acid and shrooms. They don't really know about anything else.

I dunno about that. I've known quite a few people who have had full blown psychedelic experiences just smoking weed. Especially with it becoming more mainstream now and people having ready access to edibles just walking into a dispensary or rec store, more and more people acknowledge it as a psychedelic.

:whathesaid:

Psychedelic can be a pretty general term and includes a lot of "relatively mild" things when compared to mushrooms LSD or salvia which are all pretty damn potent in their own way.

Look at Harmalas, they aren't what most would consider a "psychedelic" but they absolutely can be psychedelic in higher doses. I'd consider them more of a subtle anti depressant generally but that doesn't change the fact they can be very trippy if you take enough. Same's true with cannabis. People also can react in a lot of different ways.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: musiclover420]
    #24991946 - 02/13/18 05:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

WTF is Heroin/opiates not included?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #24991983 - 02/13/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

It's probably harder to have accurate data for recreational use of opiates. As many users start off prescribed and or end up self medicating with heroin or pills off the streets.

If I had to guess that's why Benzos weren't included as well :shrug:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: musiclover420]
    #24992977 - 02/14/18 04:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Psychedelic= mostly tryptamines and phenethylamines (on this site, mostly trypts). For example, just about anything from Shulgin's Pihkal and Tihkal, "acid" and "shrooms" are a very small part of this. but the most commonly known.

Cannabis on the other hand is obviously not a tryptamine but it has its own cannabinoid psychedelia. However obviously cannabis is its own thing. People sometimes just mean to say "hallucinogenic" or they mean psychedelic in a biological rather than chemical sense

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

It's probably harder to have accurate data for recreational use of opiates. As many users start off prescribed and or end up self medicating with heroin or pills off the streets.

If I had to guess that's why Benzos weren't included as well :shrug:

Obviously right now due to the fent problem opiates would def be at the very top. In terms of emergency room visits. Cant imagine the same scenario with benzos, but anyway i think this is focusing more on "recreational" drugs, prolly meaning club drug type stuff

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: Fractal420]
    #24993507 - 02/14/18 10:14 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

oh my fucking god are people really argueing about whether or not pot is a psychedelic. :rofl:
:lol:
Thought the first guy was trite enough for bringing it up but then people went and responded. What you choose to call it has no effect on anything and nobody cares :whatever:

:whathesaid: :rofldrunk:

Offlinetriphead9428
Stranger
Male
Loc: VA
Re: Scientists Rank 9 Recreational Drugs From Safest to Most Dangerous [Re: Hobbyist]
    #24994833 - 02/14/18 07:57 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hobbyist said:
Quote:

triphead9428 said:

I know its technically a psychedelic but its not what most people think of if you use the term psychedelics. For the purposes of speaking to the general public, psychedelics just mean acid and shrooms. They don't really know about anything else.

I dunno about that. I've known quite a few people who have had full blown psychedelic experiences just smoking weed. Especially with it becoming more mainstream now and people having ready access to edibles just walking into a dispensary or rec store, more and more people acknowledge it as a psychedelic.

Oh yeah its definitely a psychedelic, I'm not arguing whether it is or isn't a psychedelic. Hell just a couple weeks ago I tripped so hard on weed that it looked like a mild-moderate acid trip. I saw the lines on my closet door turn into crusader soldiers, a crusader cross, and saw the shadows on my walls turn into a castle equipped with boiling oil. Numerous times I've seen lights on the walls and on my bed sheets that look like flower patterns, I've seen my vision turn mostly blue and red off weed, and the craziest thing is I even caused the room to spin by turning the lights off in my room, shining disco lights on the ceiling and relaxing my eyes. I'm not at all arguing that its psychedelic because I have had plenty of full blown psychedelic experiences with weed. All I'm saying is that the general public doesn't tend to view it that way.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies