Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....?
    #24991778 - 02/13/18 06:27 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Hello to You's out there!!!  I'll get right to it with this one....:smile:

I have a family member that is experiencing "hyperthyroidism" and the energy draining effects that come with it.  This person is currently on thyroid medications that are probably helping (but not really!) but also they have their own negative side effects and their thyroid hormone levels are still up because the brain is trying to stimulate an over-worked endocrine system and thyroid gland.

.... This person is always stressed out and with the thyroid problems lately they cannot hardly sleep.  This person is in their very early sixties.  Due to the symptoms they are having and my empathy, consideration, and compassion I have been suggesting the experimental medical use of micro-dosing Magic Mushrooms.  I have suggested a dose of .25 grams, nearly powdered, taken in a premolded chocolate...... I believe that a dose or dosing even could help possibly alleviate some of the effects of hyperthyroidism which are being generally tired, no energy but still not sleeping well, and basically the whole body is thrown off, endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid, other glands) gets thrown waaay outa whack.

Anyway, my theory on this is it will either A.) This person will relax after ingestion, kick back in a controlled setting on a couch  and watch a nice movie, and it will help alleviate symptoms on a short to medium term basis and help this person feel better and sleep better, or B.) This person will start to feel "funny" and not like it possibly due in part to such a low dose (.25 grams in premolded chocolate) and struggle against the feeling possibly leading to worse, potentially harmful stresses on a already overstressed body and we certainly don't want that....

So I am honestly just looking for some serious opinions on this topic and thoughts about it please.  I have suggested the use of mushrooms to this person for quite some time now and they have been reluctant.  I think the time may be coming where they might be ready to "let-go" just enough... I know a positive experience REQUIRES a person to just go with the flow and be ready to let go, otherwise the mushrooms can break you, or at least cause some anxiety even in such a low dose as what I suggested.

So idk, there are pros and cons to it when I really think about it.... But I would like to get some serious thoughts on it if anyone has a minute...?

What do you think the effects of micro-dosing Magic Mushrooms would be short to long term on a person in their early sixties that has "hyperthyroidism" and takes thyroid medications???....

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.... I am considering this from a medical perspective (trying to!).  The John Hopkins study that was done on magic mushrooms did show slight increases of a thyroid stimulating hormone....?  So I wonder what that could mean and possibly imply???  Thanks again!!! :cheers:.... And :rockon:!!!

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Edited by Threads from God89 (02/13/18 06:33 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24991828 - 02/13/18 06:49 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

I have this but never took it into account while microdosing. My inexperienced opinion is that it will have no real significant effect and isn’t worth it.  But what do I know

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24991848 - 02/13/18 07:00 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
I have this but never took it into account while microdosing. My inexperienced opinion is that it will have no real significant effect and isn’t worth it.  But what do I know

You know things I am sure, be confident in yourself 333!!  Thanks for your input friend...:rockon:

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_Hands
Amazingly Random
Male

Loc: Old World
Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Threads from God89] * 1
    #24991867 - 02/13/18 07:09 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Please look into young green walnuts. They are washed whole and put as such, younger the better, into honey and left to sit until honey turn black.

Honey is consumed each morning - one teaspoon.

Look into it. I know at least one person that benefited immensely from that.

best of luck

--------------------

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Green_Hands]
    #24991890 - 02/13/18 07:19 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Green_Hands said:
Please look into young green walnuts. They are washed whole and put as such, younger the better, into honey and left to sit until honey turn black.

Honey is consumed each morning - one teaspoon.

Look into it. I know at least one person that benefited immensely from that.

best of luck

This..... This is great!!!  I have also been wanting to research natural remedies for this type of ailment.  Thank you!!!!  I will research this!! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24991911 - 02/13/18 07:33 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Lemon balm mixed with ashwagandha is supposedly a great mixture for hyperthyroidism, but the lemon balm could possibly interact with thyroid meds.

I've never heard of someone's experience with hyperthyroidism and tripping though.

--------------------
exist

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: feevers]
    #24991961 - 02/13/18 07:54 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Ok, ok... Sounds like another good lead.  I definitely, seriously appreciate it guys....:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLooch
Stranger
Male
Loc: SEPA
    #24991989 - 02/13/18 08:05 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

I'm 4 hrs in 6g of some potent fungi. Last time (5 weeks ago) I ate 3g. Was about level 3 mild. Tonight though I have energy but no enhancements. I doubled the dose but did I not wait long enough between journeys? Was looking to explore 4.

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Looch]
    #24992031 - 02/13/18 08:25 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Looch said:
I'm 4 hrs in 6g of some potent fungi. Last time (5 weeks ago) I ate 3g. Was about level 3 mild. Tonight though I have energy but no enhancements. I doubled the dose but did I not wait long enough between journeys? Was looking to explore 4.

Yeah idk man.... If I ate 6gs of mine I would be absolutely blown I'm sure...:lol:

So maybe yours aren't very potent?  Are you on any nerve pills or antidepressants?    Also you could make a post and get alot more answers to your question on this...:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineLooch
Stranger
Male
    #24992120 - 02/13/18 09:13 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

I'm guessing not as much as I thought. Xanax 2mg yesterday. That shouldn't have any bearing on today. But what the hell do I know?

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms (cubensis) and their potential effects on Hyperthyroidism.....? [Re: Looch]
    #24992154 - 02/13/18 09:23 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Maybe some friend.... Benzos stay in the system for three days I do believe.  So just cuz you don't feel high from them it might get still be clouding your brains receptors.  Just a thought.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLooch
Stranger
Male
    #24992341 - 02/13/18 10:24 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

That's most likely the culprit. Still had good vibes and felt like I wanted to cross the plane. Chalk it up to bad preparation. Thanks. Should learn to cultivate on my own.

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

#24992392 - 02/13/18 10:39 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Looch said:
That's most likely the culprit. Still had good vibes and felt like I wanted to cross the plane. Chalk it up to bad preparation. Thanks. Should learn to cultivate on my own.

Yes you definitely should.....:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience