Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDutchMyco
Stranger
Male
Re: Lions mane vs magic mushrooms as nootropic? [Re: Leafericson]
    #24679569 - 10/02/17 09:25 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Here are a couple of links which have some more sources listed in them:
https://caudwelllyme.com/2016/08/25/alzheimers-and-lyme-disease/
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/controversial-new-push-to-tie-microbes-to-alzheimer-s-disease/

This gofundme page also popped up, might be a good charity cause:
https://www.gofundme.com/z3v2a2k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: Lions mane vs magic mushrooms as nootropic? [Re: sauroman1]
    #24682633 - 10/04/17 04:03 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:takingnotes: awesome shit!:pipesmoke:

Mushrooms are for more than just getting hi!! :vibin:

Holy shit tho i didn't know how bad lyme disease was.....:sad:

This all great info for cultures to seek and what to with the fruits! Thanks for putting the info here!

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Lions mane vs magic mushrooms as nootropic? [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24682693 - 10/04/17 06:11 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The reaction of ibotenic acid to muscimol is a decarboxylating one, I thought heat-drying was required but possibly you can do it by enabling enzymatic processes in the mushroom. I don't know that muscarine is really supposed to be significant.

There is anecdotal evidence of microdosing cubensis type alkaloids as well as LSD and similar psychedelics, but it is really not understood yet how it is supposed to have nootropic potential.
The psychedelic action seems to involve a sort of melding together of brain faculties, harmonizing the mind (which also explains many things like unity experiences and synaesthesia). Possibly this is also nootropic, especially in lower dosages where the psychedelic distortions are not counterproductive in a nootropic sense?

Lion's mane has more evidence to say it helps with mild cognitive impairment and with other nootropic potential, and it may be mediated by the NGF / BDGF stimulating activity. I guess this particular effect could also be achieved with compounds like noopept which is a simple peptide. Lion's mane has many more effects though, but research seems to show more like a moderate than serious efficacy. Also you basically need to take it daily and the effects do seem to stop rather quickly when you stop taking it.

I think trying to compare these depends on whether you are looking for proven and understood effects or instead how convincing anecdotal evidence is.. (I take it you are specifically looking for natural nootropics then? Personally I wouldn't be 100% strict about that, yes there is something to say for some natural sources because they have been known and taken for a very long time and there is more toxicological data, but many synthetic nootropics appear to have a great track record and natural sources can have toxic potential too. I personally appreciate(d) aniracetam very much and would rather take that than Amanita Muscaria though granted I haven't tried it yet as a nootropic, just as a hallucinogen but got no effects).

Edited by Solipsis (10/04/17 06:14 AM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lions mane vs magic mushrooms as nootropic? [Re: Solipsis]
    #24989916 - 02/12/18 08:46 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

paul stamets suggests lions mane x cubensis x niacin = best working nootropic ever..  :hellyeah:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Lions mane vs magic mushrooms as nootropic? [Re: 13shrooms]
    #24991510 - 02/13/18 02:31 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The part about the LM was definitely interesting but about the niacin combo: I really don't think that is how it works neurologically, just because niacin produces a flushing effect. This is from vasodilation and doesn't necessarily have to do much with anything here. I don't see the rationale in the hypothetical.
And psilocin works centrally - you may feel it in your fingers but it's mostly active in your brain. Don't confuse local sensations from local stimuli with those from central stimuli. :wink:

LM is incredible though.. I wonder if the other Hericeum species are just as therapeutic?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures