Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlipstir
Human
I'm a teapot

Loc: CO Springs
How do you know if someone is *Mentally Fit* for Hallucinogens?
    #24990301 - 02/13/18 01:54 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hello team, This is something I have pondered often.
  • How do you know if someone is Mentally Stable or Healthy enough to partake in Hallucinogenics? Part of me thinks this easier to see / understand than I'm thinking it to be.

• To take this to another level is How do you know if someone is Mentally Stable or Healthy enough for a high dose / ego shattering type experience? This question, I feel the only person who can answer that is the patient / user and only after they have done the deed.

My longtime friend who honestly is like my opposite has been showing more acceptance in how much of existence he really doesn't know him self and how much we really don't know as a collective species. He has been stuck in a loop of depression for about 6 years now but I can see this untapped well of potential he has but almost seems afraid to access it.

We were talking about about many things tonight and he brought up how he would be open to smoking DMT. I found this very out of character for him but also felt this new wave of hope for him. So here is where I'm going to loop this around to the first 2 questions I asked. How can one gauge if someone is mentally Stable or Healthy to partake in Hallucinogens, let alone a high dose / Ego shattering experience.

--------------------
:jiggly::mushdance:Learning to love, yourself and others, hard work is the healing received by the other:mushdance::jiggly:

Edited by Blipstir (02/13/18 01:58 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinespacechimp
touching the cosmos
 User Gallery

Re: How do you know if someone is *Mentally Fit* for Hallucinogens? [Re: Blipstir] * 1
    #24994474 - 02/14/18 07:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think you can gauge someone's mental health and there reaction to psychedelics. When i was a teenager i use to take acid with someone that has schizophrenia. He never had any problems or issues because of psychedelic use. Years later i come to this forum and find out that psyches and mental conditions are a no-no.:shrug:

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How do you know if someone is *Mentally Fit* for Hallucinogens? [Re: spacechimp]
    #25061615 - 03/13/18 11:33 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have any experience with DMT, so I can't speak on that, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying mushrooms with him if I were you. If it sounds like he's sincerely interested in pursuing the experience then that's what would be most important to me as his friend, so long as outside forces don't make the act impossible.

I'd go read up on any drug interactions if he's on meds. Other than that I think general good judgement in set and setting and the like should be enough to avoid most major problems (I assume you've got enough experience with this to help him out). Have him read up on trip reports and the like so he knows what he's getting into as well. That should make him a little more comfortable with loosing his mind a bit. Going into that kind of thing blind can make people panic.

As for the second question:
Part of psychedelic use is about testing and changing mental boundaries. I personally don't like high dose trips all that much. They're more traumatic and harder for me to reconcile. I like a more gentle lower-dose trip where I can play with my mind and ego and that kind of stuff but not be forced out of my mind. I like having enough control to still be me and pursue my thoughts with new emotions and perspectives. A good trip like that always leaves me feeling less depressed and less like a powerless asshole.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being