Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny
    #24983355 - 02/10/18 02:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny
thehill.com

The maker of the painkiller OxyContin will stop actively marketing its opioid products to doctors.

Purdue Pharmaceuticals announced that it would cut its sales staff by more than half and would stop sending sales representatives to doctor's offices to discuss opioid products.

"We have restructured and significantly reduced our commercial operation and will no longer be promoting opioids to prescribers," the company said in a statement.

Purdue also said it will start referring opioid-related requests and questions from prescribers to health-care professionals in its medical affairs department.

In a message to health-care professionals, Monica Kwarcinski, the head of Purdue's medical affairs department, said that the new policies would go into effect on Monday.

"Effective Monday, February 12, 2018, our field sales organization will no longer be visiting your offices to engage you in discussions about our opioid products," she said.

President Trump declared the opioid epidemic a public health emergency in October.

Many experts have placed blame on the over-prescription of powerful painkillers for the opioid epidemic that has ravaged the country in recent decades.

A number of states have filed lawsuits against Purdue, alleging that the company misled prescribers and patients about the risks of prescription opioids.

Purdue has denied the allegations, noting that its products are approved by the Food and Drug Administration, and that they account for only a small portion of all opioid prescriptions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: Ythan]
    #24983418 - 02/10/18 03:09 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"We have restructured and significantly reduced our commercial operation and will no longer be promoting opioids to prescribers," the company said in a statement.

AKA, "we have enough people hooked now so it's time to focus elsewhere".

Quote:

Purdue has denied the allegations, noting that its products are approved by the Food and Drug Administration, and that they account for only a small portion of all opioid prescriptions.

Was Purdue one of the ones sued for like 500 mil? I want to say it was but if I remember correctly 1-2 companies took the fall for a few that all used the same shady methods.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: musiclover420]
    #24983977 - 02/10/18 07:10 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:

AKA, "we have enough people hooked now so it's time to focus elsewhere".

Or perhaps: "every doctor on the planet knows about our product by now, no worries."

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: Ythan]
    #24983998 - 02/10/18 07:19 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't believe they will make any changes at all. It will be a sham "we are not here to talk about oxy or other opioids, but if you insist..." The new policies will be greeted with a wink and a nod, it will be business as usual.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleMicromicology
Stranger

Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24984052 - 02/10/18 07:45 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No, it'll change there will be less pushing of that opioid and more of another.  They are worried that there will finally be a prosecution for all the drug pushing they have been doing so on to the next deadly and addictive drug.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: Micromicology] * 1
    #24984269 - 02/10/18 09:34 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I think it would help if they did away with "direct to consumer marketing", it started in the mid 90's. It should never have been allowed, ever.

Radio and tv commercials, magazine ads and we all know how the hive mind works. They get one person thinking the have the symptoms listed on a commercial and it spreads. Pretty soon, millions are asking their doctors about these meds and boom-bam a money making scheme is born.

Greed sucks

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24990032 - 02/12/18 09:32 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Just more shitty fake pills and crappy heroin addicts.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #24991285 - 02/13/18 12:38 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The only reason people have a problem with this industry, is it's monolithic.

Have you ever watched that PBS ad, about the amusement parks, which aren't there, anymore, and which used to have a cult following, about the popular soda pop flavorings, which were made illegal, and the disgraced movie stars?

I think, they were in love with it.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: durian_2008]
    #24991376 - 02/13/18 01:18 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Have you ever watched that PBS ad

Kind of off topic but Trump plans on cutting PBS & NPR funding by 25%...

Seems like they are taking out the competition to their propaganda.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: musiclover420]
    #24991495 - 02/13/18 02:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

OxyContin Maker Criticized For New ‘It Gets You High’ Campaign

Edited by DualWieldRake (02/13/18 02:23 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #24991529 - 02/13/18 02:36 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Alright, that's from a TheOnion article :lol: had me going for a minute :uhoh:

--------------------

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #24991540 - 02/13/18 02:42 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I was like "this can't be true," and it's not.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: OxyContin maker will stop marketing opioid products to doctors amid scrutiny [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24991627 - 02/13/18 03:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

They haven't stopped marketing it for an instant. They just are not going to be as in your face about it for a while as long as there are headlines. They probably have special phrases to get the idea across "how about medication for your pain patients?" not a word about oxy but gets the doc thinking about it and doc will ask for it therefore they aren't marketing oxy but still selling it.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #24993490 - 02/14/18 10:04 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Have you ever watched that PBS ad

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Kind of off topic but Trump plans on cutting PBS & NPR funding by 25%...

Seems like they are taking out the competition to their propaganda.

Quote:

Merriam-Webster said:
Definition of iconoclast
1 : a person who destroys religious images or opposes their veneration
2 : a person who attacks settled beliefs or institutions

Public broadcasting and big pharma are iconic.

The supposed patriot-of-all-patriots is actually deconstructing all of the pillars of Western civilization. They are the important mainstays of our economy, like them or hate them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale