Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next >
OfflineMewg
Buddy System Advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: DeliQueen]
    #26499697 - 02/23/20 10:22 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I'm wondering why we don't dunk when doing this tek?

If I missed something I blame being dumb af and my phone being shattered...hard to manage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMewg
Buddy System Advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Mewg]
    #26499705 - 02/23/20 10:26 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Or is dunking them a part of birthing and washing off the verm barrier?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Mewg]
    #26499710 - 02/23/20 10:29 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Dunking is for cakes going into a sgfc. Don't confuse teks. These cakes go back in a jar and they'll be misted as needed.

You could dunk them but you could also just pour some water on them too

OfflineTiggidyty

#26501478 - 02/24/20 12:41 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

First off, thank you very much for this guide. This is my first attempt at mycology and it has been very helpful.

Also, apologies if this is an inappropriate thing to ask or an inappropriate place to ask it. I have searched for answers and looked at many pictures but this guy (pictured below) looks a little weird to me and since it's my first experience I have no frame of reference.

My question: Is this guy ready for harvest? The veil is slightly torn. Do I wait for it to separate completely?

I have also noticed some white fuzz developing on the shaft it didn't look like any of the pics of contamination that I found. Just wondering if I should be worried about it.

Also I have a bunch of pins on the sides of my jars, do I just ignore those or is there something I should be doing with them?

Thanks again

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Tiggidyty]
    #26501513 - 02/24/20 01:00 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

looks bit dry could use a mist.

Your veil is barely visible. another day or 2 until it's ready.

side pins not a big deal. let them do their thing and harvest when they grow. They'll be flat, but just as edible.

OfflineTiggidyty

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LtLurker]
    #26501712 - 02/24/20 02:55 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Alright cool. Thanks

So in the 3rd pic, although there's not much veil there, it is still torn, no? Is that something to be concerned about?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Tiggidyty]
    #26501747 - 02/24/20 03:28 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

probably deformed or cracked from drying. It's not a big deal to harvest as soon as veil starts to tear. You could let'em open if u wanted.

OfflineTheDuckMan
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: LtLurker]
    #26526353 - 03/09/20 10:55 PM (4 years, 19 days ago)

hmmm, I was thinking of going the SGFC route for my next grow, but this looks rather promising! i think ill try it out, thanks! :mushroom2: :rockon:

OfflineScientistEric
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26527988 - 03/10/20 06:54 PM (4 years, 19 days ago)

Ahhh I'm so sad right now. TL;DR: green mold growing on the tops of completely colonized jars of BRF. What should I do?

So, early February I started this Tek, things went pretty well and I learned a lot. I started out with 12 jars and over the past month I only lost 3, or at least I thought so. Yesterday I decided to open up two of my most colonized jars to begin the process of fruiting them, and lo-and-behold what do I find? MOLD!

I don't really want to just throw out the whole jar especially since it's already started pinning. I heard about salt stopping growth, would that work?
The worse part about all of this is that I didn't think that there'd be any contams so I opened the first jar nearby the other jar I planned to start fruiting, and today I noticed a small speck of green:

This is REALLY upsetting me because I might have to throw out a whole jar over this little speck that came about due to something I didn't even realize could be possible. I want to just scoop out the little green, but I don't think that'd work because the mycelium for whatever it is has likely spread all around the substrate. A part of me is hoping that it's just bruising, but the time frame of it's appearance doesn't give me much hope. For now I've moved both of these jars away from the rest and hopefully I don't have to worry about losing my whole grow.
Which by the way has had it's own fair share of problems like this jar that is most likely contaminated with some sort of bacteria as it's stalled despite being in the exact same conditions as every other jar:
This jar has been EXACTLY like this for around three weeks.

Or these two jars which have started pinning despite not being fully colonized:
I'm not 100% sure on what this could mean, but my prevailing theory is that either the substrate in this area isn't ideal or some type of contamination yet again:facepalm3:

Over all I have 4 more jars that seem to be going well, they may be my last hope for any growth. And sorry if this isn't the right place to post this I'm still new

OfflineTheDuckMan
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: ScientistEric]
    #26528935 - 03/11/20 10:46 AM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Damn bro that's pretty wack, but at least you still got 4 jars going good. So you can potentially still get something out of it :smile:

I'm still real new to mycology, so I could be wrong, but I'm thinking your jars that are pinning dispite not being fully colonized are doing so because of contams maybe killing the mycelium so its trying to fruit real fast to get some spores out as a last resort. But that's just my guess bro, I could be way wrong lol.

Trust me I feel how annoying contams are but you can only get better at growing over time so don't get discouraged!

Good luck with this grow and happy shrooming my dude!

Offlinekapellmeister
Stranger
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: TheDuckMan]
    #26585482 - 04/08/20 03:13 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

First time grower.  A local mushroom supply sells these pre-sterilized jars with BFR Vermiculite - can I go ahead and order these for this tek?

Edited by bodhisatta (04/08/20 04:40 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: kapellmeister]
    #26585537 - 04/08/20 04:41 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

No, premade is shit.

I took the link out

3.  Spores of active species are sold for microscopy use only so mycologists can ID mushrooms. Cultivation supplies are for legitimate legal growing. If you're going to misuse them to grow a controlled substance, keep it to yourself.  Any post which mentions 'such and such' vendor, will be deleted and you'll receive an official warning. No one needs to know where you got your spores, kit, or other supplies.

OfflineTripglass420
Old Head back from hiatus
Male

Loc: Southeast
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26587350 - 04/08/20 08:56 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

These are all done still in the jar. One has an upside down jar over the first one. One has a good casing layer. The other are just oat spawn to poo

--------------------

OfflineMorky
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Tripglass420]
    #26587917 - 04/09/20 03:30 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Had a single 1/2 pint cake that developed at it's own pace so gave this a try yesterday.

Bored out of my skull on lock down so made a very small batch of CVG in an insulated travel mug. Scaled down spitball's CVG recipe. Pre heated the mug with boiling water and then left the mug in a hot water bath to try and keep the temp up for longer. Made just 2.5% of the original volume for this and still had far too much.  I said I was bored! :lol: Hadn't made CVG before and I had all the ingredients so it was a good learning experience. Surprisingly it came out pretty close to field capacity. :thumbup:

I just topped the jar up to the top with my CVG so it's about an inch thick. Is that too much?

Shall I remove some?

If so, why? Just trying to learn here :smirk:

Edited by Morky (04/09/20 04:01 AM)

OfflineMyceliumPerihelium
El Hongo
Male

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Morky]
    #26588355 - 04/09/20 08:59 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Ok guys I need some help here please. Second growth with this method, first one worked like a charm. Second one started off great, healthy looking, fully consolidated, birthed and they started pinning and even fruited a little bit. After harvesting a few that grew on the bottom and the sides of the jar, the cakes started bruising...i figured it was from handling them but theyve continued to get more blue and now i think theyre contaminated because they have also stalled.  Do I need to toss these?

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Morky]
    #26588822 - 04/09/20 12:58 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Morky, I don't have your answer, but have your exact same situation with a quart of PE. Took way longer than the rest to colonize so I plan to give it a case of coir and plastic bag and see what happens. Plenty of time to keep an eye on its surface conditions.

So basically, I am just here to see what responses you get. I was considering doing a bit of a shake with a little substrate and then casing it so the sub penetrates the jar a bit.

Good luck.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Offline2Ape2
Master of Learning from Error

Loc: Geo-diverse
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: MyceliumPerihelium]
    #26589381 - 04/09/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Newbie 100% here but jar 4 looks more green to me than blue...  that would say contamination to me.  It could just be the pic tho.  The others look like bruising to my inexperienced eye.  For what that's worth ...

--------------------
If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.
Sir Charles Darwin

OfflineMorky
Stranger

Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #26590173 - 04/10/20 04:29 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tydygy said:
Hey Morky, I don't have your answer, but have your exact same situation with a quart of PE. Took way longer than the rest to colonize so I plan to give it a case of coir and plastic bag and see what happens. Plenty of time to keep an eye on its surface conditions.

So basically, I am just here to see what responses you get. I was considering doing a bit of a shake with a little substrate and then casing it so the sub penetrates the jar a bit.

Good luck.

I did what I should of done in the first place, I used the search function :lol:

Reduced the casing to about 1/2 inch. So now we wait :smile:

I'd put your quart of spawn to a shoe box  :super:

InvisibleReverendMyc

#26590841 - 04/10/20 11:10 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Morky. Me too on the search function. Actually I should have looked more closely at the OP. I have been following Bod's other teks and didn't realize that I had wandered off.

I already have 8 full sized mono's going, so I wanted to try something a bit different with this jar. I have a little too much casing on mine as well. I will fix that and then try for patience.

Good luck and peace, :peace:

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Offline2020pdx

Loc: PNW
Re: The cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #26626334 - 04/25/20 06:17 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Wish me luck maybe gonna try this method soon. Oh and thanks for the guide!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate