Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I really dislike Trump, but... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24983645 - 02/10/18 04:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

So, they should have scheduled them to advantage sanders? Exactly what times are neutral? Do we have actual data showing the times and days that advantage each candidate or are you making assumptions?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: I really dislike Trump, but... [Re: koods]
    #24983665 - 02/10/18 05:02 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koods said:
So, they should have scheduled them to advantage sanders?

They should have scheduled them when most people can watch them, duh.

Quote:

koods said:
Do we have actual data showing the times and days that advantage each candidate or are you making assumptions?

Yes, we do.

Although we disagree, you're making a good case that release of the DNC emails didn't hurt Clinton.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24983674 - 02/10/18 05:06 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

That's not fair. You need to find neutral time slots.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: koods]
    #24983688 - 02/10/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

That's not fair. You need to find neutral time slots.

Why is it not fair to allow the most people to watch?  I guess if you SUCKED as a candidate, it wouldn't be fair. :smirk:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #24983696 - 02/10/18 05:17 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I really like Trump, but I don't agree with everything he says... I mean how awesome is it that Donald Fucking Trump is President Of The United States. LOLOLOLOL

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: LRG]
    #24983704 - 02/10/18 05:19 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You tell us.  What's he done that I should be happy about?  Tax cuts for billionaires in exchange for increased debt?  Taking healthcare away from over 10 million citizens?  What exactly?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24983713 - 02/10/18 05:22 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

He trolls black people on twitter

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: koods] * 1
    #24983863 - 02/10/18 06:15 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
You tell us.  What's he done that I should be happy about?  Tax cuts for billionaires in exchange for increased debt?  Taking healthcare away from over 10 million citizens?  What exactly?

Well let's see he didn't take away 10 million citizen's healthcare. He did however remove the mandate that fined people who could barely afford to pay their monthly bills. That was actually the only problem I had with Obamacare.

I know multiple people who received a tax cut who aren't billionares. They are very happy with the 2,000+ dollars they got back. Maybe you don't have kids of age or at home to be excited about that, but plenty of people are.

Tax cuts always increase the deficit. Would you rather he increased taxes? We all know if he had increased them he would be Hitler again. Oh no, I know, it's because he didn't increase taxes on the rich, that's the problem. Even though they pay like 50% or 60% of the taxes for the entire country. Wanna talk about crumbs? Your tax dollars are crumbs compared to the taxes billionares have to pay.

Quote:

koods said:
He trolls black people on twitter

Wonderful. Black people don't deserve the internet.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: LRG] * 1
    #24983956 - 02/10/18 07:02 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LRG said:
Well let's see he didn't take away 10 million citizen's healthcare. He did however remove the mandate that fined people who could barely afford to pay their monthly bills. That was actually the only problem I had with Obamacare.

But he also removed Government funded subsidies for low income Americans, which will force health insurers to jack up their rates on the middle class to make up for the lost money.  Thanks Trump.

Quote:

LRG said:
I know multiple people who received a tax cut who aren't billionares. They are very happy with the 2,000+ dollars they got back. Maybe you don't have kids of age or at home to be excited about that, but plenty of people are.

Getting money back doesn't mean they got a tax cut.  I just means they overpaid during the year.

Quote:

LRG said:
Tax cuts always increase the deficit. Would you rather he increased taxes?

You're one of the few conservatives to acknowledge this.  Yes, I'd rather he have increased taxes on billionaires than cut them.  Billionaires don't need help from the Government at everyone else's expense.

Quote:

LRG said:
I know, it's because he didn't increase taxes on the rich, that's the problem...  Your tax dollars are crumbs compared to the taxes billionares have to pay.

My income is crumbs compared to the money billionaires earn.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #24984007 - 02/10/18 07:25 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You don't actually hear very many rich people complaining about how high their taxes are. The people who always seem to be fighting for the rich are the wanna be rich.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (02/10/18 07:26 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24984067 - 02/10/18 07:53 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LRG said:

By the way, if people got tax cuts, they need to thank Obama.  Trump's tax plan doesn't kick in until the 2018 tax year.  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24984139 - 02/10/18 08:32 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Trumps tax cuts are half that of Obamas second tax cut, and 80% of Obama first.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24984245 - 02/10/18 09:19 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

LRG said:

But he also removed Government funded subsidies for low income Americans, which will force health insurers to jack up their rates on the middle class to make up for the lost money.  Thanks Trump.

Quote:

LRG said:

Getting money back doesn't mean they got a tax cut.  I just means they overpaid during the year.

Quote:

LRG said:
Tax cuts always increase the deficit. Would you rather he increased taxes?

You're one of the few conservatives to acknowledge this.  Yes, I'd rather he have increased taxes on billionaires than cut them.  Billionaires don't need help from the Government at everyone else's expense.

Quote:

LRG said:
I know, it's because he didn't increase taxes on the rich, that's the problem...  Your tax dollars are crumbs compared to the taxes billionares have to pay.

My income is crumbs compared to the money billionaires earn.

Glad he got rid of the subsidies too. Most middle class families have good plans that won't be affected by the increase, which was going to happen anyways. Obamacare was never a sustainable model for socialized healthcare. Trump just cut it's gimp legs off.

You mean the 2000 dollars they get for each child under their care? That's not overpaying, that's flat out 2000 dollars in your pocket come refund time, which is 1000 more than they received before.

I don't mind rich people and the top 1-10% getting tax cuts. Overall, it makes the economy stronger. Most of them work quite hard for their money, a lot of times much harder than you or I. I also imagine they have more money to give to charity now. I don't see any negative aspects with it.

Also, I'm not much of a conservative. I do lean right, but a "Hannity" conservative I am not.

Quote:

koods said:
Trumps tax cuts are half that of Obamas second tax cut, and 80% of Obama first.

Obama can suck eggs.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: LRG]
    #24984803 - 02/11/18 01:52 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LRG said:
Glad he got rid of the subsidies too. Most middle class families have good plans that won't be affected by the increase, which was going to happen anyways

How do you figure most middle class families won't be affected by the increase?  Of course they will unless you can explain who else pays for the extra costs.

Quote:

LRG said:
You mean the 2000 dollars they get for each child under their care? That's not overpaying, that's flat out 2000 dollars in your pocket come refund time, which is 1000 more than they received before.

You didn't say what the $2000 was for.  That won't help poor families.  As has been shown many times, only the rich make out from Trump's tax plan.

Quote:

LRG said:
Most of them work quite hard for their money, a lot of times much harder than you or I.

Source?  People working two jobs to pay the bills don't have it easy.

Quote:

LRG said:
I also imagine they have more money to give to charity now. I don't see any negative aspects with it.

The negative aspects are that the rich don't give as much to charity as the poor, so charities will lose by shifting the money.

Quote:

LRG said:
I don't mind rich people and the top 1-10% getting tax cuts. Overall, it makes the economy stronger.

I can't wait to hear you explain how cutting from from things such as infrastructure to pay for tax cuts for the rich helps the economy.  :popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24985085 - 02/11/18 07:05 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

LRG said:
Glad he got rid of the subsidies too. Most middle class families have good plans that won't be affected by the increase, which was going to happen anyways

How do you figure most middle class families won't be affected by the increase?  Of course they will unless you can explain who else pays for the extra costs.

Quote:

LRG said:

You didn't say what the $2000 was for.  That won't help poor families.  As has been shown many times, only the rich make out from Trump's tax plan.

Quote:

LRG said:
Most of them work quite hard for their money, a lot of times much harder than you or I.

Source?  People working two jobs to pay the bills don't have it easy.

Quote:

LRG said:
I also imagine they have more money to give to charity now. I don't see any negative aspects with it.

The negative aspects are that the rich don't give as much to charity as the poor, so charities will lose by shifting the money.

Quote:

LRG said:
I don't mind rich people and the top 1-10% getting tax cuts. Overall, it makes the economy stronger.

I can't wait to hear you explain how cutting from from things such as infrastructure to pay for tax cuts for the rich helps the economy.  :popcorn:

The poor people on those bronze and wood grain insurance plans will likely eat up most of the increase. Or they will just lose their coverage, which they couldn't have afforded in the first place.

Per your article on child tax credit "Currently, you have to make at least $3,000 a year to get the child credit." Name me a single parent working multiple jobs who makes less than 3000 dollars a year. "So that hypothetical single mom with two kids making minimum wage (or about $14,500 a year) only gets $1,725 a year ($14,500 – $3,000 = $11,500; $11,500 x 0.15 = $1,725)." - 14,500? I guess in hypothetical terms that figure is okay, but the reality is she is likely making 20k+. So 20k - 3k = 17k x .15 = 2550. Any person who makes over 20k gets the full 2000.

"For deeply poor parents, and parents with lots of children, the situation is even worse. Imagine the single mom has four kids, and to keep up with all of them, she works minimum wage but only part time, earning $7,250 a year" - Bleeding hearts of the world unite. Single mom with four kids and a single part time job? Give me a fucking break. That stuff happens in the movies not real life. That mom is likely working 2-3 jobs and has zero time for her kids, that would be the responsible thing to do.

The guy who owns Amazon, Jeff Bezos, apparently works 80+ hours a week. A lot of those high performance and demanding jobs that pay big bucks are not walks in the park. Plenty who hold those jobs get 4 hours of sleep a night or go for days without. I did not say working two jobs was easy.

Well, they're not, NOT paying for things related to infrastructure. It just won't be as much as they potentially could have. The deficit and government spending are a small piece of the economic pie. It certainly doesn't hurt an already strong economy.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: LRG] * 1
    #24985103 - 02/11/18 07:23 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Why do we need additional deficit spending for tax cuts designed to stimulate an essentially fully stimulated economy? We're needlessly squandering revenue and the end result won't be a supercharged economy. It will be super charged inflation.

Deficit spending is a good strategy to stimulate a broken economy, not to eek out a half percentage more of GDP growth.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: koods] * 2
    #24985119 - 02/11/18 07:35 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Instead of using the fed to control inflation, we could have INCREASED taxes to control inflation and had the  extra benefit of reducing the deficit.

These tax cuts are imbecilic and are not sound economic policy. The tax cuts are just an attempt by the GOP to buy votes in the 2018 elections.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24985389 - 02/11/18 10:32 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Instead of using the fed to control inflation, we could have INCREASED taxes to control inflation and had the  extra benefit of reducing the deficit.

These tax cuts are imbecilic and are not sound economic policy. The tax cuts are just an attempt by the GOP to buy votes in the 2018 elections.

Globalization, currency manipulation, immigration and technology gains have created massive wealth inequality, that has controlled inflation. 

The Trump tax cuts are only going to make it worse, now here comes the big cuts for entitlements.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: qman]
    #24985398 - 02/11/18 10:36 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The tax cuts are going to make things better, what are you talking about? Giant corps are already repatriating their offshore cash to the tune of billions. It should have been done ages ago.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I really dislike Trump, b [Re: Stonehenge] * 2
    #24985563 - 02/11/18 11:50 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The tax cuts are going to make things better, what are you talking about? Giant corps are already repatriating their offshore cash to the tune of billions. It should have been done ages ago.

You don't understand economics

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order