Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
How strongly does music influence your trip?
    #2487863 - 03/31/04 05:37 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

I've found that I have to be very aware of what music I use while tripping. 

The last trip I had, Kevin (my husband) and I were listening to a Juno Reactor CD.  It was as though I were hearing metal clang furiously on metal, pounding against my consciousness.  It unsettled me, and I began to get very very uneasy, and then frightened.  At the time, I didn't know it was the music that was causing these negative emotions, only the trip itself.  My anxiety was off the charts.  I started praying to a hallucination on the ceiling, for the mushroom to guide me through this rough period, to keep me safe.  I even shed a tear I was so fervent. 

Then, abruptly, I got up and began changing the music on the player.  Kevin helped me since I can't do shit with electronics while tripping.  We changed the music to something light, ethereal and magical, and my mindset did a COMPLETE 180.  All of a sudden I was floating through a beautiful landscape, so blissfully happy and content with myself, life everything. 

It is an example I think, how how music can influence your trip.  (or mine at least)

After we came down, Kevin told me that he was having a really rough time too before we switched CD's, thinking about death and destruction and all sorts of negative things and stuff.  I never would have known that he was suffering with the music too.  I'm so happy we changed the music when we did, because the rest of the trip was WONDERFUL. 

Anyway, just wanted to share my tale about how music can influence your trip.  :smile:

*me*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: MOTH]
    #2487889 - 03/31/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

yeah music defentaly influnces a trip a lot, i like darker stuff like floyd, tool ect. scary stuff to some people, i get yelled at to change the music to happy stuff a lot cuz people start to go into a bad place in there mind, i like that though :nut:

heh i was tripping with my friend and we only had one cd and it had a mix of stuff on it like dark music and happy music all jumbled together and she would freak when the scary stuff came on and be in complete bliss when upbeat stuff was on, it was a fuckin cycle all night, happy, scared, happy, scared repeat repeat repeat repeat :smile: she wouldn't let me just put the fuckin radio on though, and got all caught up in thought loops. she was scared at the time saying i fuckin posioned her (was a research chem. new to her) and she was never gonna eat my potions again, then thanked me for such a amazing/cleansing experience in the morning :tongue:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2487959 - 03/31/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Music effects my trips very strongly, i think it effects everyone.  For me whatever i am listening to changes what i am thinking about or tripping into... :tongue:

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2487974 - 03/31/04 06:28 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Music affects it largley and mostly makes it great!

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineHIghInOhio
stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Loc: ohio
    #2487988 - 03/31/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

I think music is so great while tripping because it can be such a mood setter, either by reminding us of other times, or getting into the the feeling, mood and even the lyrics of the song/music.

EllemyshShade, I know exactly what you are saying with electronics. I have ended up throwing my watch, out of frustration (a happy, laughing at myself frustration) while setting the alarm because my mind just can't seem to make sense of how these things work. Random button pushing seems to be the best I can do after awhile  :crazy2:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2488152 - 03/31/04 07:38 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Yea, music makes a huge difference.....huge.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2488336 - 03/31/04 08:24 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Music is what makes trips so great because when a song starts its like you enter a new world. Every different song takes you into a new world. It really helps you explore your mind.

--------------------

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #2489162 - 03/31/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

i know that if i'm on a bum trip and i hear some soothin Floyd or some good funky stuff, i'll be back in heaven in no time. all depends on your tastes in music and your mental state. although, tripping alone in the dark can make your head produce some very crazy beats and rythms...

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: Howardo]
    #2489205 - 03/31/04 11:53 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I remember putting on my headphones and I was wondering what song I was hearing. It sounded new to me and I thought it was the radio. I realized that I was listening to a cd player only and it didn't have a radio. Then I realized that the cd player was on stop and it was all in my head!

Happy music always saves me. I bought shpongle's tales of the inexpressible and listened to it everyday for over 4 onths. When i listened to it tripping I got uneasy during room 23c when the "hey"s were going on. I switched it to smashing pumpkins and had the best time ever.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #2489261 - 04/01/04 12:05 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

It doesn't matter so much what music it is, just make sure nobody turns it off.

One time I came out of the computer room where I'd been listening to mp3s and into my room, where I tried to turn on my stereo. It got stuck in some kind of demo mode, and I damn near had a bad trip just because of that. Silence feels so unnatural while tripping, it's nauseating.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #2495844 - 04/01/04 05:57 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

HIghInOhio said:
EllemyshShade, I know exactly what you are saying with electronics. I have ended up throwing my watch, out of frustration (a happy, laughing at myself frustration) while setting the alarm because my mind just can't seem to make sense of how these things work. Random button pushing seems to be the best I can do after awhile  :crazy2:

I threw my watch against the wall on such an occasion. I got really upset because it kept making those beeping-noises which freaked me out completely. I thought my watch had developed its free-will, it drove me crazy!

And never, never listen to metal; I like it sober, no doubt about it!
But on a trip it seems so negative, harsch, non-coherant ... Just try 1 song while tripping, and you'll know exactly what EllemyshShade and me are talking about. Terrible! :frown:

Let's keep Sphongle, Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix in our playlists instead of Megadeth, Iced earth and Dimmu Borgir... :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineTaoIsNow
Rookie

Loc: S'toon, Sask, Canada
    #2496571 - 04/01/04 06:17 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Obviously everyone agrees here. Music is the great equalizer while tripping. although i'd have to agree that it's easy for metal to just tap bad vibes into your head, I also agree with Phenethyl. Tool when tripping to me sounds absolutly amazing. I don't know if theres many Tool fans here, but watching the video for Parabola while Shrooming was spiritual, if not liberating. The entire ending sequence with a transparent body, almost being spritually uplifted by the eyes, pretty much a 3D version of Alex Grey's artwork, all to the tune of one distorted guitar chord. Nothing short of genius here.

Also a note: Gangster Rap is just incomprehensibly BAD when tripping, words can't describe. although for me its almost just as bad sober.

--------------------
"Littering and..... Littering and..... Littering And...."

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: TaoIsNow]
    #2497012 - 04/01/04 06:29 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

the first time i ever saw parabola was right when i was peaking on some mush at a friends house :smile: it was fucking amazing i could feel the warmth of those eye things going through my solar plexus and through my body like it was happening to me.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: John]
    #2504687 - 04/01/04 11:01 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I really enjoy almost all kinds of music when i am tripping. I will listen to pretty much anything(except country...lol). Over at a friends house of mine he has a really cool set up on his stereo, it is a lighting system with multi colored lights that light up everytime the bass hits and it is really cool to watch the lights and listen to the music in a dark room, the lights start dancing around me in a whirlwind up musical paterns, it is very amazing.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2504744 - 04/01/04 11:04 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

music effects the whole trip for me(any substance),but mostly i like tripping in silent darkness

i like listening ambient while i'm tripping with music...
artists like;

brian eno
biosphere
steve roach
ishq
^
keys for reaching deep trance states
:3rd_eye: :biggrin:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Anonymous

#2505398 - 04/01/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Post deleted by user's request.

Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: ]
    #2505912 - 04/01/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Sometimes me and my friends make our own music (beat on buckets, stuff like that), it is actually a whole lot of fun to find a common item and make it an instrument.

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: How strongly does music influence your trip? [Re: 4369875]
    #2505917 - 04/01/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Haha cool icon TaoisNow :P

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

#2512599 - 04/01/04 09:53 PM (20 years, 23 hours ago)

When im trippin i reallly can tell the infuence music has on my trip. like last time i tripped with notapillow and others i was getting really dark thoughts like whats the point on life and stuff and i knew it was stuff i would kick my ass for thinking only i couldnt let the thoughts go but after i played a little tommy guerro and chilled i easly got away from that and just watched and had the most spectacular time. So music is probably one of the most influential things along side setting and people. It can cause ur world to crash or save u from total self destruction

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

OfflineDaturaEnigma
Astronaut

Loc: Nibiru
    #2540281 - 04/08/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

if i start geting parinoid i just put my headphones on and listen to some techno or sublime and everything becomes fun again

--------------------
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"-Edgar Allan Poe

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order