Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Money Matters

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement
    #24962019 - 02/02/18 04:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

There you have it, hoping she doesn't tank any more than she already has. Hows everyone holding up?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: theusualsteve]
    #24962022 - 02/02/18 04:04 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe 0.

Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: nooneman]
    #24962026 - 02/02/18 04:07 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Maybe 0.

Nooo! Don't say that! Coin base can only sell my coins so quickly!!!

Just kidding. Seriously considering getting everything out of ETH and LTC and just pouring it into BTC for the "security"

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #24962043 - 02/02/18 04:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno, I honestly don't think they'll fall to zero. Maybe near zero, something under a dollar. Even bitcoin's price, although I think bitcoin is worth more than zero, I cannot for the life of me understand prices this high, especially with transaction fees this high, especially with the fact that bitcoin is virtually useless for anything and everything except buying illegal drugs online. And the illegal online drug market is not anywhere near large enough to sustain an entire currency. If it was, the Mexican peso would be worth infinitely more than the dollar. But it isn't. Criminal enterprise is not enough to sustain a currency.

Bitcoin is, as of right now, essentially useless. Until that changes, I can't understand prices of over $1000, or even really over $500, except as speculative. Even 500 is crazy when compared to the value of the dollar, and given bitcoin's total lack of real life usefulness. Plus, bitcoin appears to have long term issues, like high transaction fees, wild swings in valuation, etc. that don't make for good real life transactions.

Still, having said all that, I really doubt bitcoin will drop to 2000. I would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but I really honestly doubt things will ever go that low again. I don't know why, I don't know what sustains the bitcoin price. I don't understand bitcoin, but somehow I just really doubt it'll go below 2000 again. But who the fuck knows. If anyone knew, they'd be a millionaire.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I'm Rick James, Bitch!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: theusualsteve] * 1
    #24962606 - 02/02/18 09:02 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Bitcoin is down from 20k to 8600 in about a month. Why do you consider that secure?

--------------------

Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #24962614 - 02/02/18 09:07 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly it, none of us has any idea what the hell is going to happen. Sure, everybody is looking at the past 5 years or so and this is relatively routine but that volatility is just totally unpredictable.

We are kidding ourselves if we think we know what's going on, the people that do already got in and got out. Now its a crapshoot. Here I am asking what you guys think when all I could really hope to get is almost baseless speculation

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
Bitcoin is down from 20k to 8600 in about a month. Why do you consider that secure?

I don't, none of this is. I guess I figured it might make me feel better being on the bigger ship instead of the lifeboat, even though they go down together.

--------------------

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Armchair Anarchist
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
    #24963005 - 02/02/18 11:46 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The next bubble will be along soon. I have heard good things about Cobalt.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

#24963291 - 02/03/18 02:42 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

theusualsteve said:
Quote:

nooneman said:
Maybe 0.

Nooo! Don't say that! Coin base can only sell my coins so quickly!!!

Just kidding. Seriously considering getting everything out of ETH and LTC and just pouring it into BTC for the "security"

WTF lol, I've done the opposite.  I took my BC out at the top of the bubble and diversified into others like Ether which I consider safer.  I don't think either will goto 0 but if I had to bet then BC is way way way more likely to zero and die than Ether is.  :tongue:

Quote:

I don't, none of this is. I guess I figured it might make me feel better being on the bigger ship instead of the lifeboat, even though they go down together.

Maybe you should start researching what your "ships" actually are.  Learn what you are investing in don't just blind bet.

A big ship does not = a safe ship.

A safe investment is one you understand.  Thats what you are actually seeking.  Research.

If you know what you are investing in then you won't be worried.  Knowledge and diversification is the security.

Putting all your money into 1 big investment thats currently in a position of highest volatility ever is insanity.  Possibly the worst crypto trading tactic I've ever read anyone post here.

Edited by LightRay (02/03/18 03:01 AM)

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #24963305 - 02/03/18 02:59 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
The next bubble will be along soon. I have heard good things about Cobalt.

I'm betting on EOS.  Stack it now ready for the bubblez and don't forget to take your cream at the top.

These bubbles / collapses will keep on happening.  I keep telling people this.  Its not a bubble.  Its a set of bubbles and collapses that will continue until the currency finds its true value and stabalises.

The way of making money is to swing trade.

We don't get upset when the market is down like this.  Now is the time to move your paper currency in.  Buy low, sell high.  Don't get emotional.  Don't read the tabloid news.  Thats all shit.  The aim here is to make money.  Just trade the trend and its easy.

If everyones panicking and saying its crashing - we buy!
If everyones happy and thinking it will go up for ever - we are selling!

Don't follow the bubble head herd and be that retard that buys in at the 19k peak just because the news says so.  If ya gonna do anything do thew exact opposite of what the media is saying.

/rant - not aimed at anyone in particular btw just trying to vent my opinion.  I wanna see shroomerites succeed in this.

Edited by LightRay (02/03/18 03:11 AM)

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: LightRay]
    #24963329 - 02/03/18 03:30 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The price crashing doesn't mean it's a bubble since that's happened time and time again since it's inception and the recent dip isn't the worst it's ever seen, it just seems a lot worse due to market cap being so high compared to any time before.

It's still wrong to think the VAST majority market isn't a very obvious and blatant bubble at the same time, though. I don't think it's popping any time soon, this recent pullback was an overdue and much needed correction because of how high everything grew due to hype/FOMO buying. I mean even dogecoin was above a two billion market cap and other shit coins/obvious scams rising to levels they should of never reached due to hype and FOMO buying because shit crypto you can buy fucktons of for pennies is more psychologically appealing then owning a fraction of something like BTC/ETH for instance. Especially when an influx of people that have no understanding of marketcap/coin supply enter the market because of recent mainstream attention and most likely think everything could reach bitcoin levels (say that because of friends who know I'm into the shit and talk like they really believe that's the case)

Invest in promising projects with real potential, gamble for large profits with money you're okay with losing because this will pop eventually and nothing is guaranteed. It's still relatively new, at least in the mainstream, so I don't think it will be for years but this shit will come tumbling down hard in time. While I said I think it'll be years, could be weeks, months, or years, no one can know. When it's relatively well known that 95-99% of this market is pure trash and scams yet are worth millions, even billions, you can't really deny that.

I was extremely lucky and cashed out almost entirely right before it crashed as hard as it did just to wake up and increase the amount of coins I was holding in each one I had before selling right before it started going back up but if it even reaches levels it was at when I sold I'm taking out profits and will continue to do so as long as it keeps increasing. As I've said before I think we'll get our amazon.com's out of this bubble like we did with the dot com bubble and while I may hold an opinion on which ones they'll be, I'd rather ensure I take away the profit for currency that's currently recognized while maintaining a position I'm okay with losing in the crypto market. Instead of pretending a market like this one will go on forever anyway. Just be smart if you're involved in this market and don't make decisions solely based off emotion or FOMO.

To the OP, doing fairly well and staying pretty well in the green. Have no idea what the market will do but I expect it to start seeming more stable sometime after the 16th of February or the end of february if not early, but probably after then, my personal opinion is that if you hold ETH you have nothing to fear because even if this happens to be the end (which so far seems like there's no reason to think that's the case) then you'll still be fine, it's currently one of the best crypto and has more to come with many powerful backers and will almost undoubtedly be one of the survivors if it pops anytime soon.

Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #24963923 - 02/03/18 02:29 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Lightray: thank you for your input that was well said and a good contribution to this thread. I'm likely not moving anything around, my investments are not large or anything I'm unwilling to lose. Currently holding .43 ETH bought in at 910 and 1.6 LTC bought in at 160.

Sirshrooms: yeah Im excited to see what's going to happen with the market after everything corrects as much as it's going to. Glad you are in the green and not sweating too much

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #24964046 - 02/03/18 03:48 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I was just lucky lol Got back in right before the market pretty much tripled across the board and cashed out what I initially put into it so I'm "technically" always in the green since I'm only playing with profits at this point. If it wasn't just profits I'd be negative by a pretty terrifying amount right now lol But Im not worried about it, been paying attention to this market for over 5 years now and this is just the nature of the beast and what's happening is nothing out of the ordinary, even the timing of it isn't surprising since the beginning of every year is more volatile then usual.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24966155 - 02/04/18 07:25 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like they are making a comeback.

Maybe we are crawling out of the basement

OfflinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24966170 - 02/04/18 07:40 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Only seems to be going down every day to me.  Thankfully I'm here for the long haul so even though I'm just now at my break even point, eventually it will all go back up.  I'm only upset I dont have any more cash available to buy in further. :frown:

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24966316 - 02/04/18 10:10 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Slowly and unpredictably, but crawling all the same.

Let's see if our tune changes by 5pm today

--------------------

Offlineorison319
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: theusualsteve] * 2
    #24966326 - 02/04/18 10:15 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

buy now hofdl.. :awehigh:

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: orison319]
    #24967047 - 02/04/18 05:00 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Its a great buying opportunity not only for btc but also for alts. The south, er I mean the coins will rise again.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24967143 - 02/04/18 05:55 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I split $100 between LTC and ETH this weekend. Should receive it 2/10

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24967159 - 02/04/18 06:05 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The south, er I mean the coins will rise again.

:notsureif:

Offlinetheusualsteve
professional lurker
Male

Re: What's going to be the Ethereum/litecoin basement [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24968859 - 02/05/18 02:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Woke up this morning :facepalm3:

Haha only thing that wouldn't feel like a swift kick to the nuts is hodl I suppose

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Money Matters