Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Tacos, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
My close friend quit smoking weed...
    #24960822 - 02/02/18 12:25 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

My close friend quit smoking weed. He was smoking weed from about age 16-17 daily into his 20's. But when he quit recently he has become unpleasant as FUCK. He is really negative and normally we poke fun at each other with mild insults. He poked fun at me at some point and I retorted by saying he was lazy (which he is). normally he would just chuckle it off but he started flipping out at me and acting like a cranky old loser who couldn't take a joke

Has this ever happened to anyone? a close friend/romantic partner gets sober and they become a different person? I don't even recognize him. He is just negative beyond belief. like damn...what happened?

EDIT: He gossips constantly, never discusses higher ideas, complains a lot. blames the world for his issues. has a low attention span. Always complains that women in general are too selective with their sexual choices. Always makes fun of others but can't take a joke himself. Doesn't socialize much. I read a lot about psych and this kid has a severe underlying depression forsure. He is always asking me for life advice on how to move forward but when I take the time to lay things out to actually make improvements he doesn't seem to take any action. Over the past handful of months its really dawning upon me. this kid is a loser. damn. I think beforehand he was upbeat and chill to be around etc. our conversations were more spiritual and he was a really good listener as gay as that sounds. He would be the one I turned to when I needed to talk

Edited by topdog82 (02/02/18 12:36 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: topdog82]
    #24960827 - 02/02/18 12:28 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

How is he negative?

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: Lucis]
    #24960837 - 02/02/18 12:36 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

well you quit a drug youve been doing for YEARS theres gunna be consquences. Withdrawals and shit. Not to mention being sober is alot different after years of being permastoned. Lifes tough man

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#24960839 - 02/02/18 12:37 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

just edited in an explanation for further details

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: kakashi68]
    #24960842 - 02/02/18 12:37 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kakashi68 said:
well you quit a drug youve been doing for YEARS theres gunna be consquences. Withdrawals and shit. Not to mention being sober is alot different after years of being permastoned. Lifes tough man

its not withdrawal though. its been a few months now and its just negative. I think this was him the whole time. I think the weed just gave him a blanket of apathy to be okay with who he was

InvisibleJohn Nada
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #24960843 - 02/02/18 12:39 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Fight him for disrespecting your honor. Make some chicken and dumplings.

InvisibleDustBunnyM

#24960850 - 02/02/18 12:48 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

And how long has it been since he quit, and how much did he smoke? Chronic smoking at younger ages , presumably due to higher amount of brown fat, takes longer to leave the system. It took a best friend 83 days when we were 18, granted smoking daily since 14 at 0.5g-~3.5g, and that's a bigger developmental difference than 16-20.

Personally, I'd assume he has become a lot more discontent with himself(whether related to cannabinoid rebound or not) and projecting it onto you. I have had plenty of acquaintances and even friends stop all communication with us/others after quitting weed at that age. While you may have been "grown up" at the starting age, most aren't, and that does come with big change. That said, most if not all real friends have since contacted me / others several years later.

Edit- "a few months" can easily still mean he's in "PAWS" rebound.

--------------------

Edited by DustBunny (02/02/18 12:50 AM)

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: topdog82] * 2
    #24960867 - 02/02/18 01:04 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's easy for people to quit a substance and then realize the world only seems amazing when using said substance, this leads one to question much of their reality in a way because it often makes life seem like a lie, which can make the person spiral down into depression.

Or maybe your friend wasn't getting anything back from his surroundings, like those religious people that live their whole lives helping others in the name of their deity, only to doubt the very thing they once held dear, pulls the rug out from underneath them.

People often get discouraged when they get a little older because they realize life's not all rainbows and unicorns.

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: DustBunny]
    #24960869 - 02/02/18 01:05 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I always get a little cranky when I run out of Marijuana.

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: Lucis] * 1
    #24960871 - 02/02/18 01:05 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Tell him how much of a bitch he is being 4 not smoking weed

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: cannabinated]
    #24960873 - 02/02/18 01:06 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

or ur not a freind

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#24960874 - 02/02/18 01:06 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I mean I told him that I got two bars stashed away from sleep (I mentioned xanax was fun and so he asked if I could hook him up). I told him I got it from my buddy who got it from the darknet so I lacked a dealer so I could not do so (i dont dig in the onion patch myself. my friend does)

Later that week he said on a larger group chat (with 5 plus people) "hahaha topdog82 said that he bought xanax on the internet. what a dumbass liar". Thats like three strikes right there. I am not trying to let multiple people I don't know very well know that my buddy and I used the onion patch. he is a legal liability at this point because he is too stupid to understand what I said. I think he doesn't even know what the darknet is. He also seems to have a big mouth and told a bunch of people some personal stuff I said to him years ago. He remembers a lot of the personal things that I told him but I think he is too stupid to realize the personal context in which I mentioned it and how serious it is

This week specifically made me realize that I think I just need to tell him to his face he is worthless and that I have little interest in him as a friend at all. frankly I don't want to talk to him again

Quote:

DustBunny said:
And how long has it been since he quit, and how much did he smoke? Chronic smoking at younger ages , presumably due to higher amount of brown fat, takes longer to leave the system. It took a best friend 83 days when we were 18, granted smoking daily since 14 at 0.5g-~3.5g, and that's a bigger developmental difference than 16-20.

Personally, I'd assume he has become a lot more discontent with himself(whether related to cannabinoid rebound or not) and projecting it onto you. I have had plenty of acquaintances and even friends stop all communication with us/others after quitting weed at that age. While you may have been "grown up" at the starting age, most aren't, and that does come with big change. That said, most if not all real friends have since contacted me / others several years later.

Edit- "a few months" can easily still mean he's in "PAWS" rebound.

he smoked a gram a day from age 16 to about 22-23ish

everyone in this circle noticed that he has become a grumpy sore loser overnight. I hope he gets mental health assistance. he gives me some dark vibes

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#24960876 - 02/02/18 01:08 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

sorry I need to add. He smoked about a gram of cali top shelf throughout the day for this time period. plus edibles. usually through bong or vape

InvisibleDustBunnyM

#24960888 - 02/02/18 01:17 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I'd assume even more so he's projecting by that. He's most likely going to realize, and acknowledge what he said was shit (he may already know it's not what you said/embellished).  Whether or not it leads to a resolution still varies, unfortunately, but you can possibly speed it up by contacting him regularly regardless .

If its a group of people that feel the same, someone should tell him if that hasn't happened yet.

--------------------

OfflineCanadian Jesus
10 minutes to Hydrocodone
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #24960933 - 02/02/18 01:53 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

How recently did he quit? That might have a lot to do with it. It seems the majority of heavy smokers can get like that when they stop, but it only lasts a short while. Weed does come with minor withdrawal symptoms. The most common is a bad mood and being quick to anger. Insomnia is another big part to it.

Edit: Nevermind, this has already been answered and commented on.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

Edited by Canadian Jesus (02/02/18 02:00 AM)

Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
    #24960935 - 02/02/18 01:54 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Give him some weed cookies or a brownie.  He said he quit smoking weed, he never said anything about eating it :groove:

Invisiblecannabinated

#24960938 - 02/02/18 01:56 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I actually was reassessing my relationship with weed today and have come to the conclusion that I can't live without it. At least not for now. I would go insane. I was planning on not smoking today but I was feeling so shitty and aggressive when I woke up to the point I actually went for a run (rare), an hour after the run I knew if I didn't smoke the rest of the day would be fucked.  So I got high and I cried. It was the first time I cried in at least 3 years. I've been so depressed and anxious and weed is my only outlet. It forces me to confront my demons but it also is an outlet for my issues. It flushes all of my negativity away so I can deal with others better. It's the greatest drug ever.

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: cannabinated]
    #24960991 - 02/02/18 02:42 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

A :circlejerk: is in store to repair the friendship, gotta stay devoted ya know. :taco::cheers:

OfflineCanadian Jesus
10 minutes to Hydrocodone
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #24961019 - 02/02/18 03:12 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

At least he didn't quit tacos. I would hate to see what happens when somebody quits :taco:

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: My close friend quit smoking weed... [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #24961023 - 02/02/18 03:16 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Canadian Jesus said:
At least he didn't quit tacos. I would hate to see what happens when somebody quits :taco:

Yes we need weed tacos.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Tacos, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub