Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

musicians, let's see your gear * 4
    #24951348 - 01/28/18 11:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

tried this in the music forum but didn't get much response. but it's a thread id really like to see take off so i thought id repost in the pub cuz it's a much more active board.

but yeah, self explanatory thread. i wanna see what kinda instruments/amps/controllers/whatever else y'all got :grin:

right to left, a new martin 000 i just got (really loving it so far :yesnod:), a prs se torero i'm borrowing from a friend, a mexican tele, an ibanez mikro bass, and an epiphone banjo. ill post my amps and other stuff later when i get a chance to take some pics.

curious to see what everyone has.

this martin is really quickly becoming a prized possession of mine. plays so good.

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: hex_enduction]
    #24951354 - 01/28/18 11:58 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Who wants to play the skin flute?
This thread screams out this.........

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: hex_enduction] * 7
    #24951391 - 01/29/18 12:28 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: Shiithead]
    #24951397 - 01/29/18 12:35 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:

Good ol cole train jazz musician style

OfflineStratocaster
Stranger

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: basqueshaman] * 1
    #24951447 - 01/29/18 01:51 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I have a few strats an old martin and a couple ovations. Don't have pics right now though.
I play through an old roland preamp at the moment.
My rooms filled with luthier tools.
Have you checked out the guitar forums?

--------------------
I fix guitars

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: Stratocaster] * 4
    #24951565 - 01/29/18 05:27 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I have an obscene pedal collection :lol: Most I got used at least, and I tend to buy cheaper/budget stuff. Been meaning to sell off some extras to fund other gear though.

I've become a bit of a collector, it's hard for me to pass up used deals sometimes... I also don't spend money on much else aside from essentials :crazy2:

So just to warn I have amassed a lot over the years... I am a bit proud and ashamed :tongue2:

Anyways to start here are my 2 basses:

On the left is an Aria P/J, one of their cheaper models but it's pretty solid. On the right is a Peavey Grind 4 which is a lot nicer but still pretty cheap.

Here's my current very messy/obscene bedroom pedal set up:

It would take awhile to list them all but feel free to ask about any.

Very old spanish guitar I inherited from my grandpa. If the date is correct it was made in 1932 in Madrid, it's definitely one of my most cherished possessions :heart: it sat at my grandmas old house for decades getting caked with dust, my uncle abused it a bit but thankfully never sold it while battling heroin addiction. So eventually I asked to take it, and cleaned it up and replaced the broken tuners. It has 2-3 dead spots but sounds amazing otherwise.

Here is my favorite guitar:

It's a Vietnam strat, I won it on auction off ebay for pretty damn cheap. It has some incredible inlays and a amazing through body build. I upgraded most of the electronics and tried out a crazy wiring which I only got partially working. It lets me use all 3 pickups at once though + a few other strange combos. Sounds and plays amazing, especially for being pretty damn cheap. Eventually I want to get another instrument from the same seller, they do crazy inlay work...

Organ is a 70's Hammond, not anything rare though and it's pretty broken. It sounds great when it works though, hoping to fix it up and mod it eventually. Synths are a Roland JX-8P which has a broken key + the volume slider doesn't work, but it plays and sounds great otherwise. And then a Novation ultranova which is a sweet digital analog modeling synth, pretty cheap synth wise but it sounds good and has a lot of features.

I have mainly been playing guitar/bass lately but I have always loved piano/keys. Synths especially are really cool, though nice ones are crazy exspensive :uhoh:

Here are the 2 amps I am currently using:

Carvin BR-510 bass amp, pretty sweet SS class d amp. 2x10" combo with an adjustable tweeter, it has some great EQ controls + a tube drive control to add some warmth/grit. I use it on guitar and keys as well as bass, it's sad Carvin went bankrupt as they make some great stuff. Hopefully it holds up as it's a great amp for the price.

Peavey Deuce, it's an old hybrid amp with a SS preamp and tube poweramp with 4 6l6's. I got it for 100$ used, the reverb on it is broken sadly but otherwise it works alright for being decades old. Eventually I intend to replace the speakers and maybe try and add a tube preamp as it can sound harsh with the pre cranked, but it has an amazing clean tone.

I also have a Bugera 333xl amp which needs to get looked at, bought it used and after 3.5 years or so it stopped working. Probably a fuse or transformer that needs replacing but I have been putting off having it looked at. When I do take it in I might finally try some new tubes and maybe a new set of speakers as it's all stock, though it sounded amazing for a cheaper China amp.

That's most of my collection, I should probably join GearAholics Anonymous :rofldrunk: Some were presents at least, and a lot of my gear was dirt cheap. So I don't feel too bad.

I actually just bought 2 more pedals off ebay for like 24$ a piece, a clone of the classic Rat distortion pedal which I have never tried, and a clone of a Tech21 preamp pedal made for classic fender tone :strokebeard: they both have good reviews for being 20$ pedals from china :lol: pretty interested to try them out finally.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #24951847 - 01/29/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Dont have time to take pics right now but: Peavey Bandit 112 amp, fender strat, Dean cadillac, ovation acoustic/electric 12 string, and a boss gt-6 effects processor :rockman:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #24951854 - 01/29/18 09:28 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Just have a shitty acustic guitar i got online. lol.

Trying to get a ukulele when i get some cash soon.

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

#24951863 - 01/29/18 09:33 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

beautiful basses :thumbup:

damn man, you have a quadruple flashback. i want one of those. i gotta regular flashback and it's one of the best delays i've ever used.

i had a broken hammond back at my dad's old place too. it was cool, but, well, broken. i would love a working hammond or a vox continental or some other cool kinda classic organ. one of my all time favorite instruments.

hell of a collection :thumbup:

hope to get some more serious replies.

what'd you pay for the acoustic neal? my first guitar was a johnson acoustic that my dad got me at a pawn shop for i think about 40 bucks. real piece of trash, but it was all i had for years. i learned how to play on it and my desire to play stuck with me enough to still be playing guitar everyday 10 or 11 years later. a shitty acoustic can change your life.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Dont have time to take pics right now but: Peavey Bandit 112 amp, fender strat, Dean cadillac, ovation acoustic/electric 12 string, and a boss gt-6 effects processor :rockman:

i bet that ovation sounds nice. it would be cool to have a 12 string.

Quote:

Stratocaster said:
I have a few strats an old martin and a couple ovations. Don't have pics right now though.
I play through an old roland preamp at the moment.
My rooms filled with luthier tools.
Have you checked out the guitar forums?

are you an (aspiring?) luthier? sounds like an amazing job.

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24951966 - 01/29/18 10:20 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you :cheers: I really love the peavey especially, it's one of their China models I believe but it's really great. Going to upgrade the pickups and electronics eventually. I've been wanting to try an active wiring.

That's actually the Flashback 3x which is a bit different, it doesn't have a looper but instead has 3 individual delay engines that can be used individually or stacked in series or parallel :awesomenod: It's one of the few expensive pedals I managed to justify buying, and mainly because I found one used locally. I might have been better off with a normal flashback as I tend to just use 1 delay at a time :lol:

Oldschool organs are really badass, I hope to get into repairing them one day so I can restore some glorious old beauts. You can find nice ones for dirt cheap, they just take up a lot of space. If I had more room I would probably have 2-3 by now :uhoh:

I am very thankful to be alive in this golden age of gear, there's so much crazy stuff coming out. Check out this for example:

Empress Effects Zoia - NAMM 2018

It's a modular multi effects/synth pedal capable of doing all sorts of crazy stuff. They aren't out yet so there are only a few shitty NAMM demos so far. But they look pretty sweet.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #24952037 - 01/29/18 11:01 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: plasma]
    #24952045 - 01/29/18 11:04 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

ableton gang  :thumbup: i like the mpk too. what kinda music do you make?

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24952047 - 01/29/18 11:05 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I only dabble these days as a hobby and pastime.

I’ll make anything from dubstep to ambient

I’ve had a lot of toys, moog little phatty, Monome 128, some other shit I can’t renember

Edited by plasma (01/29/18 11:06 AM)

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
    #24952323 - 01/29/18 01:21 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I don't play as much as I used to, time to pick it back up and get to practicing.

I've posted this pic before, also have an acoustic Ibanez with a stupid high action and little marine band Hohner harp.

My cheap Line 6 multipedal is loaned out to a friend.

Cool thread, nice gear folks!

--------------------

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: MorphinTime] * 2
    #24952332 - 01/29/18 01:26 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

older pic with one of my kits, not pictured is my ampeg 4x10 with ampeg tube head, 4 string fretted bass and 5 string fretless bass, upright piano

--------------------
[center

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #24952363 - 01/29/18 01:47 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

@hex yeah 12 strings are sick go get one right now :p

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

#24952395 - 01/29/18 02:01 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

God damn that's a sexy dragon strat! I love how the inlays on the body flow into the pickguard. Very nice.

First off we've got my Ibanez ASV10A which was my attempt at getting the tone of a es-335 and I love the wood grain. Also in the picture is my Epiphone Les Paul Standard which was my first electric.

I dont currently have any pedals so I get all my effects by running my audio interface into my little orange amp which is all i need right now being that I live in a trailer.

Next up is my first guitar which is a Breedlove Discovery Dread MP, but sadly it got cracked by someone a couple months ago when I brought it out to the beach. I like to play it off by saying it adds character, and it does have a slightly different tone now due to the second "soundhole". Im sure it would be an easy fix for a luthier but I dont have the cash for that and it still plays better than ever.

And last but not least by far my favorite guitar which I play more than anything is my Fender American Standard Strat. I just can't seem to put this thing down.

And I also have this Roland system-1 synth my buddy has been letting me mess around with until I get an Arturia microbrute i'm in the market for. Which is definitely opening up my sonic possibilities.

I think up next on my list is a bass so I can lay down some funky low end.
Awesome instruments everyone!

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: TPython]
    #24952404 - 01/29/18 02:04 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I'll post a pic of my guitar and amp

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

#24952433 - 01/29/18 02:15 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: musicians, let's see your gear [Re: Sham87] * 1
    #24952785 - 01/29/18 04:39 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

:cookiemonster:

--------------------
:awedance:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom