Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineManipuloff
Stranger
 User Gallery
Question about G2G
    #24945761 - 01/27/18 10:27 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hi everyone,
Question about G2G:
Does the mycelium lose some of its strength or is otherwise being degraded by this proccess (getting old etc. ) or can I do more and more transfers forever?
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelnak
Student
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: Question about G2G [Re: Manipuloff]
    #24945812 - 01/27/18 10:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You're ripping everything apart so it will need a little time to recover, but you're really just giving it more food so spread as far as you want before actually spawning your jars.

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Question about G2G [Re: Helnak] * 1
    #24945961 - 01/27/18 11:54 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No, you can't keep transferring forever..... I transfer twice after the master jar,  it's too easy for bacteria to hide out after too many transfers..... And the myc gets weak.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Question about G2G [Re: Manipuloff]
    #24946131 - 01/27/18 01:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Put it this way, ive been doing g2g for a year straight and things are still fast and i get good yeilds. Idk the science behind it. But from my experience, u got a long time to do g2g b4 u gotta worry about anything.

The only thing ive noticed with repeated g2g is u see all types of wierd mutations because all the genes show themselves eventually. I havnt used spores since february last year and its all from the same origonal syringe from a vendor

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Question about G2G [Re: nube424]
    #24946148 - 01/27/18 01:33 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nube424 said:

The only thing ive noticed with repeated g2g is u see all types of wierd mutations because all the genes show themselves eventually.

This could also be caused by senescence. Cells can only divide so many times before ceasing to do so anymore. With each cell division, the cells genetic material degrades. It may take a long time, or could happen quickly. But in the end...everything dies.

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Question about G2G [Re: The Influence] * 1
    #24946184 - 01/27/18 01:52 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yea it will eventually. But for now its working great. I dont mind mutants. They look cool and all my friends have been saying the potency is stronger than a few months ago. Im rockin it till the wheels fall off. I got plenty of spore prints, just no reason to use them till i see something begative

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
    #24946192 - 01/27/18 02:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nube424 said:
Yea it will eventually. But for now its working great. I dont mind mutants. They look cool and all my friends have been saying the potency is stronger than a few months ago. Im rockin it till the wheels fall off. I got plenty of spore prints, just no reason to use them till i see something begative

Oh ya for sure man, I don't usually fix things till they're broken if ya know what I mean. I have no idea how long it would take for the whole process to actually happen. Just know that it does and that is the reason :thumbup:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Question about G2G [Re: The Influence]
    #24946211 - 01/27/18 02:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to keep my g2g 4 times max. Then go to master again. Keeping a good set of masters is a great idea. Then you can begin g2g from your original master again. It will slow down after time when the culture gets expanded and worn out. Although I've had great results doing g2g for two years straight, it definitely slow down after time. That is why you start from master again and again. Li is fairly useful for this reason. It makes g2g un necessary. Beauty of g2g is you can have your 20 masters, use 2 of those to expand to 20 quarts ECT. Spawn 18, expand 2 more and keep it going. And you still have 8 original masters left. After a few rounds of g2g go back to those masters and begin the process again. Although nothing beats a fresh culture, this is a way you can keep a good clone going for ages.

These days I tend to go plate to LI with 20 quarts and by the time those are spawned I have more plates for 20 more quarts.  I am then always working with a fresh culture.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (01/27/18 02:21 PM)

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Question about G2G [Re: eatyualive]
    #24946238 - 01/27/18 02:23 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
I tend to keep my g2g 4 times max. Then go to master again. Keeping a good set of masters is a great ide. Then you can begin g2g from your original master again. It will slow down after time when the culture gets expanded and wotn out. Although I've had great results doing g2g for two years straight, it definitely slow down after time. That is why you start from master again and again. Li is fairly useful for this reason. It makes g2g un necessary. Beauty of g2g is you can have your 20 masters, use 2 of those to expand to 20 quarts ECT. Spawn 18, expand 2 more and keep it going. And you still have 8 original masters left. After a few rounds of g2g go back to those masters and begin the process again. Although nothing beats a fresh culture, this is a way you can keep a good clone going for ages.

These days I tend to go plate to LI with 20 quarts and by the time those are spawned I have more plates for 20 more quarts.  I am then always working with a fresh culture.

2 years straight! So ill keep doing what im doing. And i always have fruits growing so no shortage of spores or tissue when i need them. But the short answer is u can g2g till u see it slowing down or other negative effects. Which is a long ass time.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24946328 - 01/27/18 03:10 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

With a strong culture yes. But its always advisable to go back to fresh culture. And always advisable to be making fresh culture masters. If lets say something goes wrong then you have no backup plan. You may see signs of slowing after a year of continually expanding. But if its a good string clone it can last. This is why we always go back to masters and fresh culture. One thing I mentioned, is that I always begin with fresh culture now. Its vigorous and strong. Making the grows great.  You only want to expand that much if your limited on time to make fresh clean culture

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Question about G2G [Re: eatyualive]
    #24946501 - 01/27/18 04:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hey to each their own. I get great yeilds for the amount of spawn i use. 1.5-2 oz per quart. So maybe im just lucky. Or maybe not many peopke g2g for that long so theyre just going off things they read and no real experience with it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag