Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePopaCap
Convicted mycophile
 User Gallery

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25688199 - 12/18/18 07:46 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Haven’t posted here in a while. This is a 3rd flush from a 3 cake shoebox (Mazatepec isolate). Sorry bout all the headless horsemen , I’m printing a half dozen or so.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMH5109
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: PopaCap]
    #25690686 - 12/20/18 02:57 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

My maz brf to bulk pins popping up, I always like seeing the tiny pins. 3 half pint cakes mixed with coir at 1:1 ratio.

--------------------

OfflineFunGuy_LOL
Stranger

#25692977 - 12/21/18 02:37 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Quote:

FunGuy_LOL said:
While waiting for the 11 BRF cake jars to fully colonize, it turns out a couple jars in the back have grown a couple ~3" mushrooms! Should I pick these off before birthing and grating the BRF cakes to mix with the substrate?

I have over 3 quarts of coir substrate cooling off from Bod's bucket tek at the moment.

I'm planning on filling the 3 shoeboxes/dubtubs late tomorrow, but it turns out I have to be away from the grow for 7-10 days the day after I fill the shoeboxes. Is that sufficient time for the mix to colonize maintenance-free before initiating fruiting?

If it were me personally I'd birth the cakes that are already growing mushrooms into something like this.
But if you were to pick them off and grate them it should be fine.
7-10 days away from the boxes sounds about perfect.:super:
They will colonize happily while you are gone.:awesomenod:
"Initiating" fruiting in a shoebox is pretty much automatic.I leave the lids on mine until I see pins and sometimes longer.

Been 10 days since spawing to bulk.. healthy mycelium in all 3 tubs, one 1"+ fat pin, time to initiate fruiting with 12/12 light cycle?

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: FunGuy_LOL]
    #25693006 - 12/21/18 04:10 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

:awesomenod:
You can 12/12 from the start.
Nice job man,keep us updated.:super:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

OfflineFunGuy_LOL
Stranger

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: mushroomnate] * 1
    #25700991 - 12/24/18 08:01 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
:awesomenod:
You can 12/12 from the start.
Nice job man,keep us updated.:super:

Initiated fruiting 2 days ago, that 1 guy outgrew the rest.. any idea why that happened? Looks like the single one is ready to harvest, the veil is almost entirely broken. How does the pin distribution look? This is my first ever attempt.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25701026 - 12/24/18 08:19 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Looks good man, real good. Having uneven growth is common with ms grows. It's just the way this tub played out.

Nice pinsets over the whole center is a sign your surface conditions are right on.

OfflineFunGuy_LOL
Stranger

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: LtLurker]
    #25706968 - 12/28/18 12:54 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Pulled 900G wet with 11 BRF cakes in 3 shoeboxes on 1st flush

Getting ready for second flush. After finishing soaking the substrate for a couple hours, should you cover and resume 12/12 light schedule immediately after?

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#25707168 - 12/28/18 06:39 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yes,I put them right back into fruiting after first flush harvest.
Awesome haul man!:super:

--------------------

OfflineRDubz
Noobody
Male

Loc: Illinois
Re: BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn : Post your BRF Bulk grows [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25710903 - 12/30/18 01:50 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in this spot right now and have cakes that are almost to colonization.  I posted this question already in the Noob Forum but I'll ask you, Does the dry "protective" verm layer also get colonized?  If it does, then I have some waiting to do.  If it doesn't then I'm closer to consolidation.  Thank you for laying out your steps.  I'm so confused....

OfflineGeinstein
Shroomery addict
Male User Gallery

#25710931 - 12/30/18 02:57 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FunGuy_LOL said:

Getting ready for second flush. After finishing soaking the substrate for a couple hours, should you cover and resume 12/12 light schedule immediately after?

I got more then 350g wet from one cake.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25674503/page/2

--------------------

Nothing breads nothing

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: Geinstein]
    #25710977 - 12/30/18 04:07 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah but they are APE. Solid AF lol

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineSubfinder
Wildlife enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: mcbain]
    #25711052 - 12/30/18 06:07 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mcbain said:

First time grower here , looking to get people's feedback on surface conditions please ? Was spawned to bulk 10 days ago and put in "fruiting conditions" 3 days ago

You should spend more time leveling your sub when you spawn to bulk. If you get your surface nice and flat, you'll get way better pin sets. I even take a plastic card and push the edges down so water doesn't pool on the sub.

Offline6was9
Help, I'm a Rock

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: Subfinder]
    #25711061 - 12/30/18 06:18 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Subfinder said:
Quote:

mcbain said:

First time grower here , looking to get people's feedback on surface conditions please ? Was spawned to bulk 10 days ago and put in "fruiting conditions" 3 days ago

You should spend more time leveling your sub when you spawn to bulk. If you get your surface nice and flat, you'll get way better pin sets. I even take a plastic card and push the edges down so water doesn't pool on the sub.

Interesting...  I didn't know an even flat surface helps with pin sets.  I guess that goes with keeping your micro environment consistent across the substrate.

OfflineParty Pat

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: 6was9]
    #25711295 - 12/30/18 09:40 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

So I've spent the last week or two reading through this entire thread and I'm finally caught up. Big thanks to everyone who's posted for all the great tips and examples. I've really learned a lot. I'm going through my first grow right now and I just want to make sure I have everything on the right track.

Currently I have 12 half-pint brf jars that are 2 weeks into colonizing with B+ spores. In another week I'm going to spawn them into 2 mini monotubs (16qt and 7.2qt). All my holes are 1.5" with the exception of the top 2 on the bigger tub which are 2". I'm going to cover all holes with micropore tape. The 16qt I plan on shredding 8 cakes to 3 qts of straight coir/gypsum, casing at spawn. With the 7.2qt I plan on shredding 4 cakes to 2 quarts CG, casing at spawn. Do these ratios sound correct? Assuming 4 cakes equals 1 quart then this would give me a 4" and 3" sub/spawn depth respectively. Also I wasn't planning on using verm in my substrate since the cakes are mostly verm and I'm already using a high spawn:sub ratio.

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: Party Pat]
    #25711357 - 12/30/18 10:14 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RDubz said:
I'm in this spot right now and have cakes that are almost to colonization.  I posted this question already in the Noob Forum but I'll ask you, Does the dry "protective" verm layer also get colonized?  If it does, then I have some waiting to do.  If it doesn't then I'm closer to consolidation.  Thank you for laying out your steps.  I'm so confused....

I have seen the dry layer colonize,but it is not necessary to let it colonize.
As soon as the "cake" part is colonized you're ready to go.:super:

Quote:

Geinstein said:
Quote:

FunGuy_LOL said:

I got more then 350g wet from one cake.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25674503/page/2

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Yeah but they are APE. Solid AF lol

And,wasn't this from a pint size cake?
Either way that's a helluva haul for so little spawn.:awesomenod:

Quote:

Party Pat said:
So I've spent the last week or two reading through this entire thread and I'm finally caught up. Big thanks to everyone who's posted for all the great tips and examples. I've really learned a lot. I'm going through my first grow right now and I just want to make sure I have everything on the right track.

Currently I have 12 half-pint brf jars that are 2 weeks into colonizing with B+ spores. In another week I'm going to spawn them into 2 mini monotubs (16qt and 7.2qt). All my holes are 1.5" with the exception of the top 2 on the bigger tub which are 2". I'm going to cover all holes with micropore tape. The 16qt I plan on shredding 8 cakes to 3 qts of straight coir/gypsum, casing at spawn. With the 7.2qt I plan on shredding 4 cakes to 2 quarts CG, casing at spawn. Do these ratios sound correct? Assuming 4 cakes equals 1 quart then this would give me a 4" and 3" sub/spawn depth respectively. Also I wasn't planning on using verm in my substrate since the cakes are mostly verm and I'm already using a high spawn:sub ratio.

Sounds like you've done your research.:super:
Those are exactly the ratios I like to use for those very same boxes/tubs.
You could even nix the gypsum and just use plain coir.
The ratios you named should give you right at a 3"-4" sub in those tubs.
Micropore tape works awesome for these.I use 2 layers on the bottom holes,1 layer on top.(when I even use holes)
Again awesome job of researching and mathing this out.
Keep us updated.:thumbsup:

--------------------

Offlinehamonz
Junglist
 User Gallery

#25713506 - 12/31/18 10:09 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Spawned this to coir and a little verm today with 2 cakes, I had a little left over so I put some in that little jar on the left.

These are AA+ I plan to slap a bag on once I see some pins, maybe put the small jar in a shoebox for proper control Idk I'll figure it out.
  :bunnypeace:

I have 28 other jars colonizing, Some more AA+, GT, Golden Mammoth and B+. I'll see what variety is my favorite and go from there!

InvisibleFirstttimer
Male User Gallery

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: MH5109]
    #25720360 - 01/03/19 05:38 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MH5109 said:
My maz brf to bulk pins popping up, I always like seeing the tiny pins. 3 half pint cakes mixed with coir at 1:1 ratio.

How your grow turned out?

--------------------

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: Firstttimer]
    #25734716 - 01/09/19 07:59 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Is there a thread about these TEKs

Bottom watering shoeboxes?
Flushing shoeboxes?

I read slot about doing them but can’t find the proper way to do them.  Any advice?

--------------------
There is a better way.  Finding the way — well that's the journey:mushroom2:

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: BRF to bulk/cakes as spawn [Re: butterflyaway]
    #25734734 - 01/09/19 08:08 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Bottom watering = Pour a little water(I do about 1/4 cup)down the side of the tub so that it runs down between the sub and side.
Let it sit a few hrs to overnight and pour off any extra water.(can be a bit more challenging to pour on bigger tubs,but 1/4cup is usually completely absorbed IME)

Flushing a shoebox??
Not exactly sure what you're asking,but as far as fruiting a shoebox,I just spawn and leave the lid on til I see pins/mushrooms.
Then pop the lid and mist as little as I can without letting the sub dry up.

--------------------

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #25736599 - 01/10/19 05:35 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Bottom watering = Pour a little water(I do about 1/4 cup)down the side of the tub so that it runs down between the sub and side.
Let it sit a few hrs to overnight and pour off any extra water.(can be a bit more challenging to pour on bigger tubs,but 1/4cup is usually completely absorbed IME)

Flushing a shoebox??
Not exactly sure what you're asking,but as far as fruiting a shoebox,I just spawn and leave the lid on til I see pins/mushrooms.
Then pop the lid and mist as little as I can without letting the sub dry up.

Hi thanks for the tip,  I added water last night and it feels just about right now. 

As far the flushing question.  I was referring to second flush, third flush.  I've done some research and believe I just have to dunk the substrate for a couple of hours and return it back to fruiting conditions after flushes.  Sound correct? 

Just started 4 more boxes today @ 1:2 ratio although I know it'll take longer to colonize, it should keep the moisture up am I correct?

--------------------
There is a better way.  Finding the way — well that's the journey:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract