Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Dagnet]
    #24934236 - 01/22/18 04:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im glad you're aware of the finer issues of epistemology as you should be happy that i know a classical sqaure has four sides.

I have no desire to bring you to what you clearly think is an untenable position.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDagnet
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: pineninja]
    #24934337 - 01/22/18 04:55 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The fact is that you never put forward the finer details and reasons required to elucidate your position, which is - key word - generally esteemed to be untenable. That being said I would like to understand your position but that can only be possible by a more thorough explanation on your behalf. If time is an issue for this purpose, then I thoroughly respect that.

--------------------
"Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind." - Kant

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Dagnet]
    #24934376 - 01/22/18 05:12 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

"Time is also a dimension..".

That is my experience and I agree completely.  More to the post thinking about it lsd and shrooms teach and in my experience it makes things that are not important in life seem meaningless.  Though in the everyday construct of society we are ingrained to believe they are so.

Thank you, have sorted out some things.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Barnaby]
    #24934431 - 01/22/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

everything we experience fades more slowly (like trails)
which makes the moments overlap and stack up (as was mentioned above)
you cannot have trails without slower fading or slower facing without moments stacking up.

Anyway when stacked moments overlap, the sense of time passing is disrupted.

you can experience time stopping and even going backwards - certainly things may seem to last forever (eternity).

but it is a side effect of slower fading of signals in the brain from sensation, as well as from memory.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

#24934995 - 01/22/18 09:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Tbh my philosophy has been born of many years of thought and study as i imagine as was yours.

Scepticism and relativism for me are major drivers.

To try and explain what i mean about our existence and the way we try and fathom it would take far too long.

Even if you dont agree i hope that gets you to apoint whete you may atleast understand what im trying to say.

"Is saying there are no absolutes absolute?"
"Does answering make any difference!"

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineHillbilly-hunter
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: pineninja]
    #24935030 - 01/22/18 09:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I used amnita muscaria back a couple of years ago. I drank like 14 grams in tea and while I was tripping I met a guy who told me time isn't real. He went on to explain that everything that's ever happened has happened in this one moment.

Time is real, in a sense it's a tool to measure with but everything that's happened from the beginning to the end is one moment. He was also dressed like the reaper and completely scared the poop out of me.

I don't know it was my first true trip but I remember it and ponder the meaning.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Hillbilly-hunter]
    #24935051 - 01/22/18 09:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If you can figure it out let me know.:wink:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Hillbilly-hunter]
    #24935264 - 01/23/18 01:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Strange how people pop up like that.  I believe in synchronicity. But always that Sting song flows through my brain.  It's all good and fun.  Think life is meant that way. You can snap people out societal conditioning and others you when you are stuck in it but unaware. 

I just am enjoying this life experience.  With all it's good and bad and in between.

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why is time meaningless when you are tripping? Possessions as well. [Re: Barnaby]
    #24935549 - 01/23/18 07:24 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms switch off the default mode network and increasingly so with higher dosing. The DMN is involved with the sense of self which is a mixture of your story (time) and a sense of agency (I am this body). When that is switched down these beliefs still exist but you are capable of perceiving them from are different perspective.

So your belief of time was a taught lesson from when you were young. Before that you had no concept of time, just direct sensations that you didn't feel the need to put into a story about the character you take yourself to be. Also before the age of 1.5/2 we lack that sense of agency to have a character with thoughts about time and space. There is just 'being', what mindfulness and zen nuts look for. The joke is this is already happening, you just chose to believe the lie that you are a character, that has goals that are achieved through time where I can achieve happiness at the end of that

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag