Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

Loc: tabb, va
What's Your Credit Score? * 1
    #24935177 - 01/22/18 11:26 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I have a credit card and they give me a a free score.  It's 783.  So many of my friends got credit cards at 18 and never paid off their credit cards.  That's why you have to be 21 years old to get a credit card these days.

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #24935197 - 01/22/18 11:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Mine used to be like 800+ which is amazing. Yours is great! But then I got into ice and stopped paying my bills LOOOOOOOOL

Now it's like 386 or something, which is pretty poor. Pretty much no one is going to lend to me, even small cash loans.

Still got $8000 worth of credit to pay off too, letters in the mail from lawyers, just signed up to a financial counselor.

Quite a few defaults and payments in arrears. I could go to jail for being so fucking careless.

Fuck yo money system, bitch...

Anyway -

KEEP THAT SCORE

by -

Don't apply for something you won't get. Best to check on INTERNET BANKING for OFFERS, rather than stupid shit like a $10,000 loan for no reason.

Pay all the time, exaggerate it, like $5 where you can, $20 where you can, while keeping compulsory payments.

Don't get small cash loans, shows your creditors you can't budget.

Good luck with your financial life. Try to achieve the dream of being able to just sit at home and cruise, while in a place that reminds you of the beauty of life.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24935209 - 01/23/18 12:02 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Companies would give kids Credit Cards to people they knew they wouldn't pay back.

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
    #24935213 - 01/23/18 12:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No clue i dont use credit cards, never taken out a loan or tried to make so called big purchase.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #24935214 - 01/23/18 12:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

around 805

OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #24935233 - 01/23/18 12:29 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
around 805

Insane, My friend is only at 499.  He does a lot of not giving money back.

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

OfflineAnt89
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #24935276 - 01/23/18 01:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: Ant89]
    #24935333 - 01/23/18 03:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

695 now. It was 760 before I got into this god damn debt. I've never defaulted.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: occollegeboi] * 1
    #24935407 - 01/23/18 04:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #24935507 - 01/23/18 06:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FeedingMyDreams said:
Companies would give kids Credit Cards to people they knew they wouldn't pay back.

Yea, I had one at 18. I struggled with it, but eventually paid it back. I used mine to pay off my marijuana possession misdemeanor for .5 grams. It ended up being like $5,000 plus.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #24935531 - 01/23/18 07:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

When I was 19 and in University, the credit card companies would have people on campus that were just signing up whoever they could. So I signed up for 3 different cards, and got them all! I proceeded to use said 3 cards, and then refused to pay back a dime. I was also given student loans, which I also refused to pay back.

At the time, I told myself it was because I wanted a bad credit rating...so that no one in their right mind would ever lend me some real money. It worked. I don't know what my credit rating was...but I suspect it was bad :smirk:

I let those cards go to collections, and never paid a cent. Actually, I just never talked to them - which, as I'll get to, was key.

In Ontario they have a law which states that no one can take legal action on you once 2 years has passed from the last time you had dealings with your creditors. I found this out about 5 years into my credit mess...so I was in the clear! They could hound me all they wanted, but as long as I didn't have any "dealings" with them, they couldn't do a thing to me.

Fast forward another 6-7 years, and it was time I bought a house for my family. The first thing I thought I had to do was clear up my credit. So I tried the online credit check thing...but no luck - the system couldn't find me! I called Equifax and asked them about it. The guy told me that I wasn't in the system as I had not had a credit application in over 10 years. I asked about my student loans and credit cards...and he again told me that because they were all over 10 years old they didn't care about the bad loans. All I had to do was apply for a couple credit cards and get a year or two of good payments...and I would be ready for a mortgage.

A couple more years and I've been given more money than I thought possible :eek:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (01/23/18 08:16 AM)

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: trendal]
    #24935540 - 01/23/18 07:17 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

It was 802 about 4 years ago when I got my mortgage.  Not sure what it is now.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #24935546 - 01/23/18 07:22 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Was 803 when I checked about a month ago.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: trendal] * 1
    #24935594 - 01/23/18 08:07 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
When I was 10 and in University

That's gotta be a typo. :lol:
Quote:

In Ontario they have a law which states that no one can take legal action on you once 2 years has passed from the last time you had dealings with your creditors. I found this out about 5 years into my credit mess...so I was in the clear! They could hound me all they wanted, but as long as I didn't have any "dealings" with them, they couldn't do a thing to me.

From the reading I was doing on this, certain actions can reset the 2-year time limit and enable them to take legal action again. For example, making a payment or acknowledging the debt in writing.

My wife got a bunch of calls from some collection agency (or possibly a scam outfit) who claimed that she owed a year's worth of cable bills at an address she moved out of 10 years ago. Didn't really make much sense (why wouldn't they cut it off after more like a month if she forgot to cancel when moving, which she says she did) but they had a bunch of her personal info. If she gave into their demands and paid them something, potentially she would be screwed and be on the hook for more.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: psi]
    #24935608 - 01/23/18 08:19 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Fixed :smirk:

And yeah, the key bit was that I had no contact with any of my creditors. I have heard that even if you agree over the phone that you have some debt, it will reset that 2 years that they have to start legal action against you :wtf:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #24935623 - 01/23/18 08:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I think we're probably in the clear on the thing I mentioned since she didn't think the debt was legit and wouldn't have said so. I'd love to be able to mortgage a house, maybe I should check into how my credit looks for that. I'm already paying some other asshole's mortgage so why not. Interest rates are going up though I hear.

OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

#24939375 - 01/24/18 05:41 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
When I was 19 and in University, the credit card companies would have people on campus that were just signing up whoever they could. So I signed up for 3 different cards, and got them all! I proceeded to use said 3 cards, and then refused to pay back a dime. I was also given student loans, which I also refused to pay back.

At the time, I told myself it was because I wanted a bad credit rating...so that no one in their right mind would ever lend me some real money. It worked. I don't know what my credit rating was...but I suspect it was bad :smirk:

I let those cards go to collections, and never paid a cent. Actually, I just never talked to them - which, as I'll get to, was key.

Fast forward another 6-7 years, and it was time I bought a house for my family. The first thing I thought I had to do was clear up my credit. So I tried the online credit check thing...but no luck - the system couldn't find me! I called Equifax and asked them about it. The guy told me that I wasn't in the system as I had not had a credit application in over 10 years. I asked about my student loans and credit cards...and he again told me that because they were all over 10 years old they didn't care about the bad loans. All I had to do was apply for a couple credit cards and get a year or two of good payments...and I would be ready for a mortgage.

A couple more years and I've been given more money than I thought possible :eek:

Yeah, after a while they just give up.  How did you buy your house?  Straight up, cash?

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #24939712 - 01/24/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

729 atm. Was shit a few years ago, around 550 i think? Because i had missed like 3 payments and had it maxed out for over a month

Been using it carefully and always paying it off since then, and every time i check its gone up.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #24939752 - 01/24/18 09:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

mines around 800.:grin:

--------------------

OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

Re: What's Your Credit Score? [Re: Adolin]
    #24939756 - 01/24/18 09:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

My fried is at 499 and doesn't plan on paying back his debts.  Good luck, dude.

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom