Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 * 1
    #24934541 - 01/22/18 06:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The system is rigged for the rich, who pretty much can't lose, while so many are struggling.  Its really sick.  I feel really sorry for all those people out there who are so poor all they do is worry their lives away over money and don't have any opportunity to develop themselves.

Kids born into underprivileged households who grow up deprived and under stimulated.  Its total crap.  Meanwhile the official richest man on Earth has over $100,000,000,000 and pays some of his employees poverty wages!

The market is never going to deliver anything but results like these because the people who control it have every incentive to exploit those less fortunate than themselves. 

We need to invest in the well being of society as a whole, which would be a rising tide that truly lifts all boats.  There are many ways to do this.  I like public programs and full employment strategies. 

People are coming into this world and they don't have a chance to develop themselves, they are just burdened with a system that guarantees some will be deprived. 

--------------------

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.  -Noam Chomsky

Edited by VroomerMcZoomers (01/22/18 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: VroomerMcZoomers] * 1
    #24934550 - 01/22/18 06:23 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I was trying to figure out which previous thread I wanted to poke that into.

I heard an argument earlier: "well, I wanna support the 1%, because once I get there, it'll be easy street"

I lol'd.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #24934592 - 01/22/18 06:36 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Guys if we just add two more centuries of regulations, capitalism will be perfect.

--------------------

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24934600 - 01/22/18 06:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Whatever do you mean?

--------------------

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.  -Noam Chomsky

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #24934922 - 01/22/18 08:44 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:
The system is rigged for the rich, who pretty much can't lose, while so many are struggling.  Its really sick.  I feel really sorry for all those people out there who are so poor all they do is worry their lives away over money and don't have any opportunity to develop themselves.

Kids born into underprivileged households who grow up deprived and under stimulated.  Its total crap.  Meanwhile the official richest man on Earth has over $100,000,000,000 and pays some of his employees poverty wages!

The market is never going to deliver anything but results like these because the people who control it have every incentive to exploit those less fortunate than themselves. 

We need to invest in the well being of society as a whole, which would be a rising tide that truly lifts all boats.  There are many ways to do this.  I like public programs and full employment strategies. 

People are coming into this world and they don't have a chance to develop themselves, they are just burdened with a system that guarantees some will be deprived. 

Most humans of moderate means live now like Kings and Pharaohs of old never dreamed of but then want every trinket available and never a thought about the future. Most people are broke because they are just as greedy as the rich but lack the drive or talent or ruthlessness to be rich but want to live like they're rich.  For most people too much is never enough. Most people near retirement have less than $1000 in savings or something like that. That's beyond stupid and they usually have no one to blame but themselves.  Maybe the should have quit smoking so much or eating out four times a week.

I can't say I feel sorry for most people and the rich are not making them poor. I could care less about the rich and there's more to life than money. I retired at 57 rarely worked full time and rarely made more than $20 an hour. I feel like I'm rich because I saved some of it.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/22/18 08:49 PM)

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Icelander]
    #24934966 - 01/22/18 09:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You know, you're right about the ruthlessness bit. I've been getting into stocks lately, and shorting GE was a huge win for me. Fuck american cars, and fuck those hillbilly ass rust belters who want to manufacture them. I made money off their lack of jobs in 2017.

And you're also right, I can't afford to splurge on fancy things. The thing is, I still want to have clean clothes every day of the week. Which I why I haven't bought American in almost a decade. Fuck paying $40 for some pants on sale, when I can get 20 pairs for $40 from China, including shipping.

What kind of retard would buy anything made in America at these prices?

Also, if you think living like the kings of old is good enough for me, well...Lol no. It's the 21st century, fuck or walk. American manufacturers are walking. My choice to save money for my own future is fucking them. I literally do not know a single person who does manufacturing in real life. I hope you're not reliant on other people like me buying your products.

Oh, and I hope you saved...what, at least a mil? Heh, at 57, well, flip a coin. Heads, you'll need your savings for at least 30 more years. Tails, 20. Assuming a 4% stable withdraw rate, which is probably the best you can count on for making a mil last 30 years, well...Hope 25k a year is enough to cover rent and medical!

And I hope your retirement isn't through GE.

Edited by Kryptos (01/22/18 09:11 PM)

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Icelander] * 4
    #24935000 - 01/22/18 09:23 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

What the hell are you talking about?  Pharaohs?  That was 6000 years ago!  Nice standard.  Probably one the .1% would like you to hold to..

'The rich are not making most people poor'.

Well, that's true I guess, if you ignore the fact that 6 PEOPLE ARE HOARDING HALF THE WEALTH ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

These 6 people didn't do as much work as 3,500,000,000+ people.  They'd have to be Superman to do that.  Do you believe in Superman?  Rather than work for it, they 'owned' for it.  You worked for it, along with every other worker in this world who supports a lazy capitalist who wants everything done for them.

Jesus Christ, there is no rationalization for a stat like that.

--------------------

Edited by VroomerMcZoomers (01/22/18 09:27 PM)

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
    #24935009 - 01/22/18 09:27 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im with you mate but deep breaths if you want to survive here.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Kryptos]
    #24935053 - 01/22/18 09:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:
What the hell are you talking about?  Pharaohs?  That was 6000 years ago!  Nice standard.  Probably one the .1% would like you to hold to..

Well, that's true I guess, if you ignore the fact that 6 PEOPLE ARE HOARDING HALF THE WEALTH ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

These 6 people didn't do as much work as 3,500,000,000+ people.  They'd have to be Superman to do that.  Do you believe in Superman?  Rather than work for it, they 'owned' for it.  You worked for it, along with every other worker in this world who supports a lazy capitalist who wants everything done for them.

Quote:

Kryptos said:
You know, you're right about the ruthlessness bit. I've been getting into stocks lately, and shorting GE was a huge win for me. Fuck american cars, and fuck those hillbilly ass rust belters who want to manufacture them. I made money off their lack of jobs in 2017.

And you're also right, I can't afford to splurge on fancy things. The thing is, I still want to have clean clothes every day of the week. Which I why I haven't bought American in almost a decade. Fuck paying $40 for some pants on sale, when I can get 20 pairs for $40 from China, including shipping.

What kind of retard would buy anything made in America at these prices?

Also, if you think living like the kings of old is good enough for me, well...Lol no. It's the 21st century, fuck or walk. American manufacturers are walking. My choice to save money for my own future is fucking them. I literally do not know a single person who does manufacturing in real life. I hope you're not reliant on other people like me buying your products.

Oh, and I hope you saved...what, at least a mil? Heh, at 57, well, flip a coin. Heads, you'll need your savings for at least 30 more years. Tails, 20. Assuming a 4% stable withdraw rate, which is probably the best you can count on for making a mil last 30 years, well...Hope 25k a year is enough to cover rent and medical!

And I hope your retirement isn't through GE.

You just pointed out the main drawback of my strategy. Even if I call every stock, every crypto, chances are I'll never make it to the top. I'll get close, sure, and I'll stomp on plenty of people, but if you want to get to the top, you need to do what I do, and teach your kids to do it too. Maybe your grandkids will get to the top. If they're lucky. But by the time they're my age, it'll take 4 generations to get to the top.

It also doesn't help that I don't want kids. Nobody should be forced to fuck someone over just to avoid getting fucked by the guys up top.

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Icelander]
    #24935061 - 01/22/18 09:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I see I misread you. 

You acknowledge this system of wealth distribution makes many people poor, you just don't care, because your getting' old or whatever.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #24935072 - 01/22/18 09:57 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't make people poor.  People are born poor.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #24935095 - 01/22/18 10:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Most people are broke because they are just as greedy as the rich but lack the drive or talent or ruthlessness to be rich but want to live like they're rich.

I can't say I feel sorry for most people and the rich are not making them poor.

6 PEOPLE ARE HOARDING HALF THE WEALTH ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

These 6 people didn't do as much work as 3,500,000,000+ people.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Enlil]
    #24935099 - 01/22/18 10:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:
You acknowledge this system of wealth distribution makes many people poor...

It doesn't make people poor.  People are born poor.

The system keeps people relatively poor.  It's extremely difficult to make tens of millions if you're born into poverty, but it's much easier if you're born into wealth.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Enlil]
    #24935138 - 01/22/18 10:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The system doesn't make people poor

I thought you were going say the studies are flawed.

--------------------

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: VroomerMcZoomers] * 3
    #24935248 - 01/23/18 01:00 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:

Half the world is too lazy to take out a small billion dollar loan and start their own oil companies.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: Kizzle]
    #24935539 - 01/23/18 07:16 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #24935811 - 01/23/18 10:19 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Guys if we just add two more centuries of regulations, capitalism will be perfect.

:cookiemonster:

Exactly. This is why I believe companies move overseas: insane regulations and minimum wage.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Richest 1% pocket 82% of wealth created in 2017 [Re: XUL] * 3
    #24935834 - 01/23/18 10:31 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yep.  That's why they move overseas alright, but I like to describe it as private tyrannies escaping democratic accountability.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #24935861 - 01/23/18 10:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

This is so true it's funny

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #24935863 - 01/23/18 10:44 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VroomerMcZoomers said:
Yep.  That's why they move overseas alright, but I like to describe it as private tyrannies escaping democratic accountability.

I see what you mean.

It's kind of paradoxical isn't it?

What is the solution I wonder?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds