Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Lookin for print advice Updated Success (Finally)
    #24930828 - 01/21/18 08:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I was having some trouble getting my GT's to print. I've taken caps from 4 different cakes on their first and second flushes. For some reason Im getting very light prints, sometimes nothing i can see, and only 1 dark partial. My PESH came out really dark so i dont think its my print tek.

Anyone else run into this? Are GT just light printers in general? I got some more jars for cakes and a shoebox comin up so if I just got unlucky with MS ill have some more chances at a good print comin around again.

1/24 - caps to be printed

1/25 - partial on one, light. Too cold? Placed in warmer area.

2/12 - Finally Success for my GT's. I was not giving them enough time after breaking veil to start dropping spores. Other variety was droppin spores about same time veil broke. GT's needed an additional Day or two.

And an oopsie. One of my bigguns from other day made a nice dark print... and I stumbled, smudged right into it.  :facepalm3:

Edited by LtLurker (02/12/18 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMahdi
Temporal
I'm a teapot

Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: LtLurker]
    #24930841 - 01/21/18 08:47 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Make sure you print right after the veil breaks for best results, if you wait a couple hour or until the next morning your prints will be light. Also ive heard putting a drop of water on the cap can help sporulation, just dont leave it too long or the cap will mold.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: Mahdi]
    #24930849 - 01/21/18 08:53 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mahdi said:
Make sure you print right after the veil breaks for best results, if you wait a couple hour or until the next morning your prints will be light. Also ive heard putting a drop of water on the cap can help sporulation, just dont leave it too long or the cap will mold.

Ok thanks, i did initially take right after veil break, after that i tried when they were about flat open but havnt dropped spores. Like you say the ones that had just broken worked better, but not great.

I never heard of the water drop. I'll have to give that a shot.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24930869 - 01/21/18 09:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Do you cover the cap with a glass jar or something?

I think humidity helps.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24930884 - 01/21/18 09:11 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Do you cover the cap with a glass jar or something?

I think humidity helps.

Yes cover the mushroom your printing with something I use a jar some people use small food containers.

InvisibleEyeOnEmitter
Discipulus in campum magnum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #24930889 - 01/21/18 09:12 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Been very happy with dark purple spore prints.
I use a glass plate.
Wipe it with a solution of alcohol and place a small jar/container over top.
Wait... When the veil breaks use a scalpel or razor - etc to remove the cap, place on the plate and then cover.
Wait...
15-20 hours and the print should be dark purple. Thick and easily scraped.
High humidity is important - hence cover.
Been taking prints in a spare chamber. Even though I put the plate and cap in the chamber, I still cover the plate. Always be aware of contams.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24930907 - 01/21/18 09:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Instead of a jar on a table i put them in a container with lid cracked paper towel in crack so i can put it away. The slight air flow is still there like the glass method and my PESH's came out wonderful this way.

Am i correct in thinking the cap drying is what releases their spores? Cause the caps do get dryer, not wet and slimy.

Solar, thanks man. I take my caps and print container inside my sab to help with contams.

High humidity? Maybe i should flip the container and use the lid as the bottom so the top isn't releasing humidy through the crack?

Edited by LtLurker (01/21/18 09:24 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: Mahdi]
    #24931031 - 01/21/18 10:10 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mahdi said:

I've found that I get darker prints when I wait until caps open up a good bit. Every time I've tried to take prints from a fruit with a freshly dropped veil, they always shrivel up into little bells and drop light prints.

I like to take prints when caps look about like this, nice and flat.

Oh, and don't go putting any water on your caps. You want your prints to be dry as soon as possible, for proper storage.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: HamHead]
    #24931050 - 01/21/18 10:19 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ok man, maybe i just got lucky on the freshly torn veil caps. Rummaging through search engine is tellin me waiting like you is better.

So after 24 hours your caps are dryer, not wetter right? Im seein they need to breathe a bit and not sealed in humidity.

Sorry if these questions are wierd, just trying any variables i can think of incase it is my tek.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24931058 - 01/21/18 10:23 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Caps need to be plenty wet to drop spores.

If you can see spores on the stem or veil you can print.

I have a printing tek in my link list.

Quote:

cronicr said:
Spore discharge and dispersal in mushrooms
Mushrooms are basidiomycetes (SEE TWO MAJOR GROUPS) with numerous basidia on each gill. A typical basidium is a club-shaped structure, usually with four prongs at one end. Each such prong is called a sterigma (with sterigmata the plural form) and the spores develop at the tips of the sterigmata. Here is a stylized drawing of a basidium, shown in green, with four brown spores. The colours in this diagram (and in the ones to follow) have no significance and are simply used to help differentiate the different structures. Moreover, the diagrams are stylized (rather than being faithful depictions of actual specimens) but illustrate the important structural features and principles involved.
The structure of a gill is illustrated and explained in detail in the (SEE TWO MAJOR GROUPS). Remember that most mushrooms have gills that are V-shaped in cross section (with the point of the V at the bottom of the gill) and are oriented vertically. The basidia are held out from the gill surface and protrude into the air space between two gills. Thus, throughout their development, the spores are exposed to the atmosphere between the gills. In order to explain the way in which the spores are ejected from the basidia it is necessary to look more closely at the spore and its attachment to the sterigma.

In the diagram to the right the black, elliptical outline represents a mature spore on the end of a sterigma (coloured green, on the left). Many spores are smooth and ellipsoid, so this illustrates a fairly common situation - but the following explanation holds for other spores as well. The red dot indicates the spore's centre of mass. Note that the spore has a short, blunt, off-centre spike (called an apiculus or hilar appendage) at one end and the spore is attached to the sterigma at the apiculus. Every mushroom spore has an apiculus - though there is some variation in size, shape and orientation of the apiculus between species. The apiculus-sterigma boundary is a line of weakness and by the time the spore is mature the link between apiculus and sterigma is very weak.

The discharge mechanism
Now it is a simple matter to explain the way in which the spore gets off the gill and away from the mushroom cap. The following diagrams illustrate the first part of the process (ejection from the sterigma) and the explanations follow.

1. Between the gills the air is still and very humid. At the point of the apiculus the spore secretes a small amount of sugar molecules. If you've ever left an open sugar bowl on a kitchen bench for a lengthy time, you would have come back to find that the sugar had picked up some moisture from the air. Sugar is an excellent absorber of water vapour. Given the surrounding high humidity between the gills, water condenses onto the sugar at the tip of the apiculus and forms a drop (the small, solid, greyish-blue circle). This drop is known as Buller's drop. At the same time a thin film of water forms on a large area of the spore surface and this is represented by the brighter blue layer over much of the spore outline. The growing drop leads to a significant increase in mass at the apiculus, thereby causing the centre of mass to move towards the apiculus, as shown by the red arrow.

2 and 3. The water drop continues to grow in size as more water vapour condenses onto the drop's surface. This draws the centre of mass well away from its original point. Eventually the drop grows large enough to come into contact with the film of water on the spore surface. The contact point is arrowed. The drop may grow quite large in relation to spore size.

4. As soon as the drop comes into contact with the film, the drop collapses, with the water in the drop flowing into the watery film. This happens very quickly and the centre of mass moves very rapidly in more-or-less the reverse direction (as, again, shown by a red arrow). Simultaneously the spore is given considerable momentum, there is a break at the weak apiculus-sterigma boundary and the spore accelerates along the axis of the changing centre of mass (so moving off in the direction shown by the black arrow).

To give you some idea of the difference in speed, steps 1 to 3 are analogous to someone slowly stretching an elastic band and then, in step 4, the elastic is released so that it returns to its original size almost instantaneously. The momentum generated by the collapsing water drop is enough to give the spore an acceleration of 25,000 times the force of gravity. By comparison the NASA Space Shuttle has a maximum acceleration of just a few times the force of gravity. The spore loses about 1% of its mass in the secretion of the sugars on the apiculus. To continue the rocket comparison, the Space Shuttle uses about 50% of its own weight in fuel during the first two minutes after launch.

After discharge - getting the spores further away
While the spore leaves the basidium with a tremendous acceleration, it is small and quickly feels the effects of air resistance. The spore briefly follows an almost straight-line path away from the basidium, then slows, loses the forward momentum given by the initial acceleration and finally drifts down (under the influence of gravity) in the air gap between the gills until clear of the cap - where even the slightest of air currents will carry the spores further afield. In the following diagram the blue lines show the paths of a number of spores, some just released from the basidium and others nearly beyond the bottom of the gills and into the open air.

Once the spores have cleared the bottom of the cap, air currents carry them away. But even at the bottom of the cap there is a danger to overcome. Should a gently falling spore be exposed to the prevailing wind immediately after clearing the bottom of the cap, there is a risk of it's being blown back onto the bottom edge of a gill and so getting no further afield. Wind tunnel experiments have shown that immediately beneath the cap there's a narrow band (about 2-3 mm deep) where the wind speed is significantly lower than the incident wind speed. Below that band is a zone of greater wind speed and near the ground there is a boundary layer of calm air. On the leeward side of the cap there is always turbulent airflow.
Thus the spore doesn't feel the full effect of the surrounding wind speed immediately after leaving the protection of the cap, so allowing more vertical movement to the spore before being subject to a dramatic wind-induced, horizontal acceleration. While the evidence suggests that this will prevent (or at least reduce) the incidence of spore blow-back onto the gills, that conclusion is still to be confirmed. Once the spores are a few millimetres away from the cap they can be picked up by the faster winds and carried considerable distances.

The wind-tunnel studies also showed that taller conical or bell-shaped caps showed the greatest reduction in wind speed below the cap. Interestingly, some common species of exposed windy, grasslands produce such caps.

Of course, changes in wind speed and direction (during the descent of the spores) as well as interactions between the wind and nearby obstructions such as plants, rocks and fallen twigs will obviously affect the spore paths. For example, you will often see noticeable spore deposits on the ground beneath mushrooms - showing spores which did not get far away. However, while the wind-tunnel experiments will often reflect ideal (rather than natural) settings, such experiments do show that there is more to mushroom architecture than you might first suppose.

More about mushroom growth - and other ballistosporic basidiomycetes
In the bulk of mushroom species the spores in different parts of a gill may mature at the same time. The spores near the bottom edge of a gill may mature at the same time as those at the top of the gill. So, at any given time, many different areas of a gill will be releasing spores into the surrounding air. This was shown above, in the diagram of spore trajectories between two gills. The vertical orientation of the gills is therefore critical, to maximise the number of spores that get beyond the confines of the cap. For example, the diagram (right) shows two, dramatically non-vertical grey gills. Any spore that begins the vertical part of its trajectory in the area shaded brown will not get beyond the cap, but will be trapped on the right hand gill. Spores are sticky, so once a spore lands on the opposite gill, it won't get any further.

The possession of V-shaped gills also means that the air gap between neighbouring gills increases towards the bottom of the cap. While mushrooms do not sway greatly in the wind, they are not rigid structures. The increasing air gap gives the spores a better chance of escape, should the mushroom be tilted slightly (with the gills therefore no longer vertical).

During growth of the mushroom, the stem grows upwards, against gravity. It is necessary for the cap to be raised high enough above the still, surface boundary layer and any obstructions so that the falling spores can be dispersed by air currents. The gills also respond to gravity, but in the opposite way to the stem. Should something be not quite right with the cap orientation, the developing gills can make some corrections to ensure their proper orientation. In the bulk of mushroom species there are strong developmental controls aimed at ensuring that vertical gill orientation.

A spore that is shot off the basidium in the way described above is called a ballistospore. When a spore is shot off the basidium on the gill of a mushroom, it is important that the force isn't strong enough to send it to the neighbouring gill, for the spore would remain stuck there. On the other hand, the force must be sufficient to get the spore a reasonable distance away from the basidium, so that it doesn't get trapped on the gill it started from. While there is some variation in the distances that the spores of a specific mushroom species are ejected, the distances are all in a fairly narrow range. However, there is considerable variation in the ranges between species, with some species ejecting the spores no more than a tenth of a millimetre while others may shoot them out to half a millimetre.

Mushrooms are not the only basidiomycetes with ballistospores, for the same mechanism is found in various other types of basidiomycete fruiting bodies - boletes, the polypores, corticioid fungi, jelly fungi, coral fungi and stereoid fungi. Basidiomycetes such as puffballs, stinkhorns and the truffle-like species are "passive" spore releasers, without ballistospores.
now lets talk...HOW MUSHROOMS REPRODUCE
A Quick Analogy: A spore is much like a seed. It contains all of the genetic information that will grow and produce the fruit of the mushroom. The mushroom is the sex organ of the mushroom that will produce spores or "seeds".

The Definition: A spore is a nearly microscopic, sometimes single-celled reproductive body that is extremely resistant to desiccation and heat and is capable of growing into a new organism, produced especially by certain bacteria, fungi, algae, and nonflowering plants.

Mycelial Reproduction: When spores germinate (reproduce) a thread emerges from the spore casing. When two threads from different spore bodies intersect, they attempt to mate through a hook and clamp connection. A tiny pipe is opened between threads and genetic material is exchanged. The genetically complete threads become hyphae and begin to grow.

Spores have four combinations of sexes. Not all intersecting threads are able to mate. Not all matings will produce fertile mycelia.

Spores form as swellings on one or more subtending hypha in the soil or in roots. These structures contain lipids, cytoplasm and many nuclei. Spores usually develop thick walls with more than one layer and can function as propagules. Spores may be aggregated into groups called sporocarps. Sporocarps may contain specialized hyphae and can be encased in an outer layer (peridium). Spores apparently form when nutrients are remobilised from roots where associations are senescing. They function as storage structures, resting stages and propagules. Spores may form specialized germination structures, or hyphae may emerge through the subtending hyphae or grow directly through the wall.

A single spore contains a half set of chromosomes (known as haploid), much like any reproductive cell (ova or sperm). The spore has a protein sheath (the colored part that we can see) which encases the cell. When optimal conditions surround the spore, it will germinate. This is when it pushes its cellular mass through the protein sheath (at the germ pore) by expansion from re-absorbed water. This mass is a fine filament called the monokaryote (aka: the primary mycelium). It still has a half set of chromosomes. This monokaryote grows (still a single cell with a single nucleus) until it finds a compatible monokaryote to mate with. It does this by touching and dissolving its cell wall while the mate does the same. They effectively just merge to become one cell with 2 nuclei.

A Related Quote: "Asymmetric genome shuffling involves a fusion between a dikaryotic protoplast and a monokaryotic protoplast. Because only the cytoplasm of the monokaryon is inherited by the progeny, and one of either of the haplotypes of the dikaryon migrates into the progeny, the monokaryon is called a"recipient" and the dikaryon is called a "donor." Accordingly, the resulting fused dikaryotic progenies are heterokaryotic, but their cytoplasm is of the recipient monokaryon." (Tan)

Though the clamp connection serves a different function.

This is where things get strange. After the mating, the resultant cell can now reproduce by mitosis, but the cell still has 2 nuclei, as mentioned. So, when it mitoses, the 2 nuclei split for a total of 4 nuclei, but still only 2 cells. Speed of growth is much greater in these dikaryotic mycelial threads, because they don't have to stretch a single cell over a long gap. They simply split into more cells to spread.

Clamp connections form between 2 dikaryotic mycelial masses. This is how one of those little fuzzy white patches (aka mycelium) mates with the other white patches. The dikaryotic mycelia "clamps" together. Thus, reproduction is complete.

NOW TIME FOR...
Function
Spores either drop, or are ejected from the bottom of the mushroom cap. The miniscule size of spores allows them to get caught in, and carried along, gentle air currents. When most spores hit the ground, they fall on infertile ground: rocks, leaves of grass, streams, etc. The few spores that do fall on fertile ground send out shoots into the ground, finding other shoots, from other spores and starting a reproductive process, connecting and expanding the underground fungus system otherwise known as mycelium
hyphae is just one filament of a fungi..
mycelium is a network of hyphae..

Hyphae compose the mycelium so they have the same function, digestion and absorption of nutrients from the environment, and producing spores and sporangia. The sporangium is the structure upon which the spores are produced. The spores produce new hyphae and mycelium.

It is through the mycelium that a fungus absorbs nutrients from its environment. It does this in a two-stage process. First, the hyphae secrete enzymes onto or into the food source, which break down biological polymers into smaller units such as monomers. These monomers are then absorbed into the mycelium by facilitated diffusion and active transport.
Mycelia are vital in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems for their role in the decomposition of plant material. They contribute to the organic fraction of soil, and their growth releases carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere. The mycelium of mycorrhizal fungi increases the efficiency of water and nutrient absorption of most plants and confers resistance to some plant pathogens. Mycelia are an important food source for many soil invertebrates.
Sclerotia are compact or hard masses of mycelia. which leads us 2....
mushrooms

The main body of the fungus - - the part that's digesting the substrate - - is called a mycelium, and the threads that make it up are called hyphae (HIGH-fee). The fruiting body of the fungus is also made up of hyphae: the "fibers" in the stem of a mushroom are made up of hyphae running in parallel to make the stem strong; the cap of the mushroom is made of of hyphae so tightly interwoven that they seem to be one solid mass;
Mushrooms are fungi, and are usually placed in a Kingdom of there own apart from plants and animals. Mushrooms contain no chlorophyll and most are considered saprophytes. That is, they obtain their nutrition from metabolizing non living organic matter. This means they break down and "eat" dead plants, like your compost pile does.
The body of the mushroom stores nutrients and other essential compounds, and when enough material is stored and the conditions are right they start to fruit - produce mushrooms. It is a hidden kingdom. The part of the fungus that we see is only the “fruit” of the organism. The living body of the fungus is a mycelium made out of a web of tiny filaments called hyphae. The mycelium is usually hidden in the soil, in wood, or another food source. A mycelium may fill a single ant, or cover many acres. The branching hyphae can add over a half mile (1 km) of total length to the mycelium each day. These webs live unseen until they develop mushrooms, puffballs, truffles, brackets, cups, “birds nests,” “corals” or other fruiting bodies. If the mycelium produces microscopic fruiting bodies, people may never notice the fungus.

Most fungi build their cell walls out of chitin. This is the same material as the hard outer shells of insects and other arthropods. Plants do not make chitin.

Fungi feed by absorbing nutrients from the organic material in which they live. Fungi do not have stomachs. They must digest their food before it can pass through the cell wall into the hyphae. Hyphae secrete acids and enzymes that break the surrounding organic material down into simple molecules they can easily absorb - this is composting.

Mushrooms are nutritious: They are a good source of B vitamins, especially niacin and riboflavin, and rank the highest among vegetables for protein content. But because they are low in fat and calories, Western nutritionists mistakenly considered them of no food value (a fresh pound has only about 125 calories). Yet in dried form, mushrooms have almost as much protein as veal and a significant amount of complex carbohydrates called polysaccharides. Shiitake mushrooms are among the most delicious & very nutritious.

Mushrooming up over night? If the body is spread out and microscopic, how do mushrooms grow so quickly? There are two basic reasons: 1) Since they store up compounds between fruiting and most fruit once a year, they have a lot of reserve available to support the mushroom. 2) Mushrooms develop differently than plants or animals do. Plants and animals grow through cell division - to get bigger they have to produce more cells. Cell division is relatively slow and requires a lot of energy. The mushroom body also grows by cell division. However, the mushroom fruit does not grow by cell division. Just about as soon as it starts to develop, a mushroom has almost the same number of cells that the mature mushroom will have. The mushroom increases in size through cell ENLARGEMENT! This means that the cells can balloon up very rapidly. Very little energy is required, basically the cells just enlarge with water. So a mushroom can increase in size as fast as water can be pumped into its cells. Almost overnight a mushroom can go from a pin head to a large mushroom.

Some mushroom terms:
hyphae (hí - fee) plural: the threads that form the body of a fungus (mycelium)
mycelium (my - sée - lee - um): see hyphae
mycorrhiza (my - koh - rý - zuh) singular; mycorrhizae (my - koh - rý - zee) plural: a beneficial combination between a fungus and a living plant root
Nomenclature (nō - mən - klā'chər) a system of names or terms as used by an individual or community, especially those used in a particular science (scientific nomenclature).
symbiosis (sim - by - óh - sis) singular; symbioses (sim - by - óh - sees) plural: a partnership formed between two living organisms.

Water

Mushrooms need water for their fruit to "grow".

Mushrooms have no skin so they can lose water to the atmosphere very easily. That is why they grow in high humidity (lots of water vapor in the air) conditions. If the humidity is too low the cells lose water faster than it can be "pumped" in and the immature mushroom dries up and dies.

Mushrooms love all the water they can get? NO! Mushrooms need to breath just like humans do, except they do not have lungs. Mushroom cells exchange gases directly with the atmosphere. If the body of the mushroom is submerged in water it is comparable to drowning. No oxygen can be exchanged, anaerobic bacteria (bacteria which do not need oxygen to thrive) build up, and the mushroom is choked to death.

It is almost the same with the mushroom fruit. If it is too dry they lose too much water and desiccate. However, if it is too wet - the humidity is too high - the excess water prevents any gas exchange and the developing mushroom chokes off.

so now that we know the jists of it let's grow some mushrooms!
but first lets learn what a cubensis is all about shall we

Taxonomy and naming

The species was first described in 1906 as Stropharia cubensis by Franklin Sumner Earle in Cuba.[1] In 1907 it was identified as Naematoloma caerulescens in Tonkin by Narcisse Théophile Patouillard,[2] while in 1941 it was called Stropharia cyanescens by William Alphonso Murrill in Florida.[3] These synonyms were later assigned to the species Psilocybe cubensis.[4][5]
The name Psilocybe is derived from the Greek roots psilos (ψιλος) and kubê (κυβη),[6] and translates as "bald head". Cubensis means "coming from Cuba", and refers to the type locality published by Earle.
[edit]Description

Psilocybe cubensis
Pileus: 2–8 cm, Conic to convex, becoming broadly convex to plane in age, may retain a slight umbo, margin even, reddish-cinnamon brown when young becoming golden brown in age, viscid when moist, hygrophanous, glabrous, sometimes with white universal veil remnants decorating the cap, more or less smooth. Flesh whitish, bruising blue in age or where injured.
Gills: Adnate to adnexed to sometimes seceding attachment, close, narrow to slightly wider towards the center, at first pallid to gray, becoming dark purplish to blackish in age, somewhat mottled, edges remaining whitish.
Spore Print: Blackish violet.
Stipe: 4–15 cm long, .5–1.5 cm thick, white to yellowish in age, hollow or somewhat stuffed, the well developed veil leaves a persistent white membranous annulus whose surface usually becomes concolorous with the gills because of falling spores, bruising blue or bluish-green when injured.
Taste: Farinaceous
Odor: Farinaceous
Microscopic features: Spores 11.5–17 x 8–11 µm, subellipsoid, basidia 4-spored but sometimes 2- or 3-, pleurocystidia and cheilocystidia present.[7]

Psilocybe cubensis spores, 1000x
It is in the section Cubensae, other mushrooms of this section include Psilocybe subcubensis.
[edit]Entheogenic use

Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe cubensis is probably the most widely known of the psilocybin containing mushrooms used. Its major psychoactive compounds are:
Psilocybin (4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine)
Psilocin (4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine)
Baeocystin (4-phosphoryloxy-N-methyltryptamine)
Norbaeocystin (4-phosphoryloxytryptamine)
The concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin, determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, were determined to be in the range of 0.14–0.42%/0.37–1.30% (dry weight) in the whole mushroom, 0.17–0.78%/0.44–1.35% in the cap and 0.09–0.30%/0.05–1.27% in the stem.[8]
Individual brain chemistry and psychological predisposition play a significant role in determining appropriate doses. For a modest psychedelic effect, a minimum of one gram of dried Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms is ingested orally. 0.25–1 gram is usually sufficient to produce a mild effect, 1–2.5 grams usually provides a moderate effect. 2.5 grams and higher usually produces strong effects.[9] For most people, 3.5 dried grams (1/8 oz) would be considered a high dose and may produce an intense experience; typically, this is considered a standard dose, however. For many individuals doses above 3 grams may be overwhelming. For a few rare people, doses as small as 0.25 grams can produce full-blown effects normally associated with very high doses. For most people, however, that dose level would result in virtually no effects. Due to factors such as age and storage method, the psilocybin content of a given sample of mushrooms will vary. Effects usually start after approximately 20–60 minutes (depending on method of ingestion and stomach contents) and may last from four to ten hours, depending on dosage. Visual distortions often occur, including walls that seem to breathe, a vivid enhancement of colors and the animation of organic shapes. At higher doses, experiences tend to be less social and more entheogenic, often intense and spiritual in nature.[citation needed]
The effects of very high doses can be overwhelming depending on the particular strain, growth method, and the individual. Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms can come in rather different sizes. It is recommended that one weigh the actual mushrooms, as opposed to simply counting them. People taking MAOIs need to be careful, as psilocybin and psilocin are metabolized by the enzyme monoamine oxidase. A monoamine oxidase inhibitor reduces the body's ability to metabolize psilocin and psilocybin, greatly increasing the intensity of the experience. This can sometimes produce uncomfortable or undesirably intense experiences.

or just lick the how he does in my sig, also you can read the mushroom growers handbook in the gourmet forum

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lookin for print advice [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24931107 - 01/21/18 10:40 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome sauce bod thank you. I had read that tek b4 but forgot some things.

Ok so im gonna run on the hypothesis that im not allowing enough moisture to stay in my print container. I'm gonna tent them better with the foil and use my lid for the bottom and test with the third flush.

Thanks for all the input guys. And bod i miss your jesus gif. Made me laugh everytime.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24934228 - 01/22/18 04:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That is way too much science.  Gotta dumb it down for the shortbus kids

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24989682 - 02/12/18 07:17 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Update

2/12 - Finally Success for my GT's. I was not giving them enough time after breaking veil to start dropping spores. Other variety was droppin spores about same time veil broke. GT's needed an additional Day or two.

And an oopsie. One of my bigguns from other day made a nice dark print... and I stumbled, smudged right into it.  :facepalm3:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom