Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Loc: Funky Town, Electric Ave.
Quick trips
    #24930857 - 01/21/18 08:59 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know if its my metabolism but generally when im tripping it only lasts 4hrs max.
Any way to improve the time frame?

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.
"This hobby isn't fun anymore. Its science! No fun allowed!" -me after eating my first grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedream.schmatics704
Stranger

Loc: NC/OH
Re: Quick trips [Re: Whiskey Man]
    #24930867 - 01/21/18 09:05 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

do you take any meds?

--------------------
"I need to hold onto some sort of relevance, it's all I have left.All at once I could view the entirety of space. A moment of isolation welcoming paralysis.
Follow the cord which projects and makes the decisions for you
/ Adaptation brought introspection.All comfort has escaped me, remember to breathe in again.

At the edge I exist in, I watch my whole life again" the contortionist

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: dream.schmatics704]
    #24930873 - 01/21/18 09:07 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im a heavy drinker but dont drink when preparing to trip.
Other than that I very rarely even take ibuprofen.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.
"This hobby isn't fun anymore. Its science! No fun allowed!" -me after eating my first grow.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #24930878 - 01/21/18 09:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You could always add a few grams mid trip to keep it goin longer.

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: LtLurker]
    #24930896 - 01/21/18 09:15 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I could? Its an option.
But then im slamming up to 8g where everyone else is only taking up to 4

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#24930975 - 01/21/18 09:42 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Does it matter how much you take? Everyone has different tolerence and effect. if they're in space for hours on 4, and you need a bit more to stay on their level why not? I doubt you'd need to double your dose, if you start on 4, 2 more might be enough for a couple more hours. Experiment, you can always add but you cant take it back.

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

#24930987 - 01/21/18 09:49 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Don't double it. The effects are exponential. 8gs might put you in hell.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: King Klick]
    #24930999 - 01/21/18 09:56 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

As it stands im also gonna advise others start before me to help equalize the timeframe. May jump up to 6g after a few more tests.

Going to try the Lemon Tek in a few days. See where that lands me and others.

3.5g+.5 in aborts.
Ya know. For science.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Re: Quick trips [Re: Whiskey Man] * 1
    #24931011 - 01/21/18 10:03 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Lemon tek will make it shorter and more intense.

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

#24931022 - 01/21/18 10:06 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I know it'll make it shorter. Perhaps for everyone tho. Not just me. Maybe I wont be sober for an hour or 3 all by myself.

For science.
The mystery of me metabolising everything so fast is a work in progress.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#24931030 - 01/21/18 10:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I wish you the best. Have fun on your trip. :mushroom2:
Im sure you'll work out what works best for you.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
    #24931062 - 01/21/18 10:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Back when I rolled a lot, I had a friend, who would take a couple of rolls, roll his ass off for 2-3 hours and be spent and off to bed for the rest of the night. The rest of the group would be up til dawn or later. Rolling always effected him this way. We always figured it was because of his metabolism, he was a smaller framed skinny guy with a very high metabolism.

We did find that if he took 5-htp, three doses in 24 hrs before his roll and a dose when he dropped, his ride was a good 5-6 hrs longer than without it. 5-htp is a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, meaning once the mdma dumped the serotonin, it wouldn't be reabsorbed quickly, thereby lengthening the rolls duration. Just in case you didn't know. :grin:

Perhaps something like that, or ortherwise, could be used to extend your trips? There seems to be some consensus that MAOIs affect both the intensity and duration of the trip, however, proceed with cation and only after much research. Mixing MAOIs and psychedelics can be dangerous. I've never done it, so I'm not suggesting you do, it's just something to look into.

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

OfflinePlurlife
Stranger

Re: Quick trips [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24931108 - 01/21/18 10:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also depends on what one considers baseline/tripping. I used to view weed highs as a 5 hour thing now even though it affects me the same way and nothing has really changed about my weed highs, i wouldn't say I'm high after an hour or 2. Same with tripping. I consider almost all the way down as still tripping whereas others only look at functionality to determine if they are still tripping. That's why i tell people acid lasts 12-14 hours others say 8-10. With mushrooms by hour 5 I'm technically more sober than a decent weed high but id still consider it tripping.

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24931118 - 01/21/18 10:45 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That 5-htp info is interesting

I do have a fast metabolism and a similar build.
I'll add it to my notes and when the time comes I'll be sure to update the forum if it helps.
Not really looking to head towards the danger zone.
Just a clean and simple trip extension.
Thanks for the info.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: Plurlife]
    #24931141 - 01/21/18 10:54 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plurlife said:
Also depends on what one considers baseline/tripping. I used to view weed highs as a 5 hour thing now even though it affects me the same way and nothing has really changed about my weed highs, i wouldn't say I'm high after an hour or 2. Same with tripping. I consider almost all the way down as still tripping whereas others only look at functionality to determine if they are still tripping. That's why i tell people acid lasts 12-14 hours others say 8-10. With mushrooms by hour 5 I'm technically more sober than a decent weed high but id still consider it tripping.

3Hrs tripping. 4th hr come down. After that theres barely any lingering effect. I guided someone through their part of a bad trip after having finished tripping myself and we ate at the same time.

Back when I smoked it gradually lasted less and less time to a point where I quit because a 1hr high just wasnt worth the effort.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

OfflinePlurlife
Stranger

#24931216 - 01/21/18 11:31 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Whiskey Man said:
Quote:

Plurlife said:

3Hrs tripping. 4th hr come down. After that theres barely any lingering effect. I guided someone through their part of a bad trip after having finished tripping myself and we ate at the same time.

Back when I smoked it gradually lasted less and less time to a point where I quit because a 1hr high just wasnt worth the effort.

That 3 hours tripping and 4 hours coming down is what most would call a 7 hour trip. The comeup/peak was 3 hours which is typical. I sometimes even consider the weird thoughts i get AFTER the comedown as still "coming down" as i am definitely not the me I was before i took the shrooms yet. Perspective is a biggie in this.

I realized this when i thought i was permanently tripping from acid the next day the first time i did 200ug. I wasn't still tripping obviously i just saw things differently which is to be expected after a dose like that. It just reflects how flexible your center is. Mine isn't very much at all. Because of that jm a lightweight not because i get more fucked up than most, but because it doesn't take much alteration for me to feel completely altered if that makes sense.

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: Plurlife]
    #24931231 - 01/21/18 11:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plurlife said:
Quote:

Whiskey Man said:
Quote:

Plurlife said:

That 3 hours tripping and 4 hours coming down is what most would call a 7 hour trip. The comeup/peak was 3 hours which is typical. I sometimes even consider the weird thoughts i get AFTER the comedown as still "coming down" as i am definitely not the me I was before i took the shrooms yet. Perspective is a biggie in this.

I realized this when i thought i was permanently tripping from acid the next day the first time i did 200ug. I wasn't still tripping obviously i just saw things differently which is to be expected after a dose like that. It just reflects how flexible your center is. Mine isn't very much at all. Because of that jm a lightweight not because i get more fucked up than most, but because it doesn't take much alteration for me to feel completely altered if that makes sense.

Lemme specify.
-1hr till i usually notice it kicking on
For about 3hrs after ill trip.
Between that 3rd-4th hr ill come down completely. Ill feel tired and drained.
Sometimes my RLS acts up after and I cant even rest.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Quick trips [Re: Whiskey Man] * 1
    #24931236 - 01/21/18 11:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms are one of the shorter lasting psychedelics. What you could do is add some MAOIs to the experience, or start working with a longer acting psychedelic such as LSD or mescaline.

--------------------

OfflineWhiskey Man
FUNctional Alcoholic
Male

Re: Quick trips [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24931243 - 01/21/18 11:46 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Shrooms are one of the shorter lasting psychedelics. What you could do is add some MAOIs to the experience, or start working with a longer acting psychedelic such as LSD or mescaline.

I have no access to either. Theyre on the bucket list.
Just as well I'm going to continue effort into a longer trip.

--------------------
Amateur drinksmith.
Professional drunk.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #24931261 - 01/21/18 11:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Order some syrian rue seeds, or Caapi vine, and do an extraction/make tea with them. Take that ~45 minutes or so prior to taking the shrooms & you'll have an extended trip. It'll also be more intense, so you'll probably want to cut your dosage back the first time or so to see how it'll effect you, then titrate to your desire in subsequent sessions. Search psilohuasca here & you'll find a plethora of info on the topic. Also, you certainly can find mescaline. There are plenty of easily obtainable mescaline containing cacti. Takes time & work to prepare, but will be worth it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag