Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMurkabm
Stranger
 User Gallery
Quitting marijuana?
    #24930116 - 01/20/18 09:59 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Weed is just not fun anymore.. Panic attacks..paranoia. .delusional thoughts and pain.. I feel so much better since I quit ! What positive experiences have you all noticed ?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Murkabm]
    #24930152 - 01/20/18 10:16 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Not much of anything.  I suppose I cling to different things, like my dog and spend weed $ on him.

Weed gets too much blame.  It's how you use your coconut when you use whatever.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24930182 - 01/20/18 10:37 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like its the right thing for you!

One less smoker, more for us :stoned:

OfflineFleabag Friend
Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: MushMaggot]
    #24930286 - 01/20/18 11:31 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like you need to smoke more. When I first started out I'd get all the delusional thoughts and anxiety and paranoia, etc. But I found out if you smoke a whole lot of the strongest stuff you can get, you end up pushing right through it all.

But I had to end up quitting. The herb showed me all it had to show. I really delved into the stuff deep. I went out in the woods by myself one day, and I asked it, asked myself, if I truly needed it anymore, and my God did it show me. To keep it short, it turns out I had been abusing it for a while. It showed me lesson after lesson and I still wasn't listening.

But anyways, cannabis has its positive sides just as well as negatives. It truly is a sacrament, and while in today's society it has become acceptable to treat it almost like the consumption of alcohol, it runs much deeper than that, and should be treated as such.

Next time ya smoke, just ask if you really need it. You'll get your answer, although judging by your post it sounds like you may have already gotten yours.

--------------------
Each man faces death by himself

BLIND AS A BAT, SLOW AS A TURTLE

"Welcome to the realm of the antichrist..."- Amanita

:buddha2:

Edited by Fleabag Friend (01/20/18 11:33 PM)

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #24930313 - 01/20/18 11:52 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, life got loads better for me after I stopped smoking as well. Less social discomfort, more motivation, less paranoia, less stupid decisions.

Sure some people might be able to function just fine with it, I sure did for years. But in my experience it's used as a blanket escape tool rather than a medicine when it becomes habitual and systematic, then it becomes unhealthy. It took someone who I trust and respect to ask me why I still do it before I realised that I no longer had a reason to do it. That was 17 years ago now.

--------------------
If only you could see the things he has seen, the technicolour dreams of a plastic changa bear

Offlinemyc9
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Northerner]
    #24931134 - 01/21/18 12:50 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

shit u dudes are right i need to quit lol

actually the only thing i really really dislike about it is social discomfort, jeez does it bring it out in me

OfflineDagnet
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: myc9]
    #24931224 - 01/21/18 01:38 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I get more sociable on weed (low to moderate dosage). I don't really smoke much anymore (every 2 weeks if that). It kills my motivation to be honest as it rewires your reward mechanism if done regularly: it makes meaningless unproductive activities way too fun. I find it prevents me from developing myself career-wise and spirituality-wise.

--------------------
"Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind." - Kant

OfflinePlurlife
Stranger

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Dagnet]
    #24931303 - 01/21/18 02:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

2 weeks in just about. The past few months I've been hitting concentrates pretty hard and its taken a toll. The first week was agony tbh. Crazy mood swings and constant mental "growth spurts" and stretching.already seeing vast improvements in my ability to finish a thought and abstract though. It's honestly like rediscovering yourself.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Plurlife]
    #24931473 - 01/21/18 03:39 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I quit months ago, I’ve gained like 30lbs and I’ve stopped doing everything I loved before. But on the same token the weight gain has inspired me to start eating better and I probably would have never made that change if I didn’t gain weight from stopping I guess.  My dreams annoy the shit out of me. And my chronic migraine problem is back and I’m getting more stressed out over dumb shit.  I don’t want to go out in public as much and I care about what other people think about me like never before.  ....I miss weed honestly.  But the few times I tried going back to it I got all anxious. I feel like smoking it all the time is more beneficial than here and there for me. And as I’m trying to get a job and work towards a career I know I can’t do that. So I’m going to have to make this new sober life work. It’s hard. I never realized how much my life revolved around pot until I quit. I would be a lot happier about quitting if it wasn’t for the weight gain....I fear it’s getting worse and I permanently fucked up my metabolism or something

InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24931522 - 01/21/18 04:06 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

save your money up.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Cookies] * 1
    #24932323 - 01/21/18 10:21 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I have recalled more repressed memories not toking.  It's hard to do jung's shadow work using things like weed.  It prevents some subcon processing by enhancing some sort of aspect.  Not like anyones going to listen to what I have lived anyway.

--------------------

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24932340 - 01/21/18 10:29 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
I have recalled more repressed memories not toking.  It's hard to do jung's shadow work using things like weed.  It prevents some subcon processing by enhancing some sort of aspect.  Not like anyones going to listen to what I have lived anyway.

I noticed this too.  I notice when some memories come up and I start to have to feel, those are moments when I would just smoke before. But now I either find a new distraction or actually have to sit and think about and process them.

OfflineRollin.n.Strollin
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24932676 - 01/22/18 12:40 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I see no good reason for me to smoke anymore but still do during the late afternoon and night. When I smoked on an irregular basis there was a 90% chance of finding myself getting way to tripped and zoned out, this had more to do with the state of my mental well-being at the time and now I've accomplished more in terms of overcoming the problems in my life, and learning not to abuse it to mask all of my worries, weeds a completely different substance all together. Only get slight paranoia if I'm smoking concentrate or doing edibles. Even the delusional thoughts have abolished since I changed my habits, and trust me I used to go ape shit when it came to the paranoia about absolutely nothing after I'd smoke, even in low amounts it'd happen.

And I'm not one of those "weed for the people" types, it's just too many people seem to blame the negatives of it without bringing there own self-awareness in to the picture.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Rollin.n.Strollin]
    #24932705 - 01/22/18 01:03 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I just don't like the paranoia that weed brings. If it was legal It would be fine and dandy, but damn I get paranoid when I smoke weed. For no reason what so ever.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Ziran]
    #24933800 - 01/22/18 03:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I have had plenty to be paranoid about.  Ever do some paper prison time and maybe some psyche time and the stoner life is pretty adversary to the industrialized war machine.  Liberty gardens don't really win wars.  Drilling oil, making guns, ships and bombers does win wars.

--------------------

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #24934255 - 01/22/18 06:18 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I quit smoking weed a few weeks ago, it's awesome. I don't miss it so far.

I did never get axious or panic with weed, though. Smoked for 12++ years..

-

OfflineBlipstir
Human
I'm a teapot

Loc: CO Springs
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Pandemoon]
    #24934375 - 01/22/18 07:12 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Increase of energy, Able to do critical thinking better, saving more money, lungs throat and body feel healthier, No longer stuck in a giant loop, able to interact with others better while still being able to identify and refuse / steer around cultural conditioning. just to start..

--------------------
:jiggly::mushdance:Learning to love, yourself and others, hard work is the healing received by the other:mushdance::jiggly:

Offlinemyc9
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Blipstir]
    #24934399 - 01/22/18 07:20 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

do u guys still smoke when you trip? or not at all

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: myc9]
    #24934406 - 01/22/18 07:23 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I smoked last week while beeing high on mescaline. Only this one day.

Mescaline goes sooo well with weed, both boost each other extremly, it's a must-do-combine in my opinion. :laugh:

-

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Quitting marijuana? [Re: Pandemoon]
    #24934418 - 01/22/18 07:30 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I’m not even tripping but I haven’t tripped in years anyway. Part of quitting weed is so I can get my shit together which has to happen before I trip again.  I plan on smoking again I just have to sort myself out first. I’ve been trapped in and living in my head and my thoughts and looking back it seems like weed made me more comfortable doing that      I couldn’t imagine smoking though while tripping now. I’d have to build my tolerance back up to do that

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience