Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

Can anyone give me advice on my 1st. Grain/Coir/Verm Grow
    #24923817 - 01/18/18 05:36 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

http://I started a Grain/Coir/Verm Grow. I tried to follow instructions. Mix 2 parts colonized WBS to 1 part pasteurized field capacity Coir/vermiculite. Break up the clumps with a spoon, Spoon this mix, then Finish off 1/2" deep of pasteurized field capacity Coir/vermiculite. I then covered it with foil with holes for air and then placed the container inside of a plastic garbage bag for 10 days . After which I only seen some colonization and I think I spotted some mold. ( I applied some mild heat with a heating pad during the 10 days )  I just placed the container in my SGFC .  I have a space heater near the SGFC because the room is not warm and its the winter. I have some more jars to fruit should I try to fruit them straight from the jar?  take a look at these pictures
Can anyone give me some advice. Thank Youhttp://

--------------------
EACH ONE TEACH ONE  "Some are tools of knowledge, some are tools of power. Some are tools For power. Some are for redundancy in diverse climates mushrooms do it all."-Kilindi lyi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: Can anyone give me advice on my 1st. Grain/Coir/Verm Grow [Re: wilspeak]
    #24923856 - 01/18/18 05:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wilspeak said:
http://I started a Grain/Coir/Verm Grow. I tried to follow instructions. Mix 2 parts colonized WBS to 1 part pasteurized field capacity Coir/vermiculite. Break up the clumps with a spoon, Spoon this mix, then Finish off 1/2" deep of pasteurized field capacity Coir/vermiculite. I then covered it with foil with holes for air and then placed the container inside of a plastic garbage bag for 10 days . After which I only seen some colonization and I think I spotted some mold. ( I applied some mild heat with a heating pad during the 10 days )  I just placed the container in my SGFC .  I have a space heater near the SGFC because the room is not warm and its the winter. I have some more jars to fruit should I try to fruit them straight from the jar?  take a look at these pictures

It looks like you used coconut bark instead of coconut coir.

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#24923857 - 01/18/18 05:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

What's in that sub?Looks chunky.

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

Re: Can anyone give me advice on my 1st. Grain/Coir/Verm Grow [Re: kanemush]
    #24923925 - 01/18/18 06:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

wilspeak said:

It looks like you used coconut bark instead of coconut coir.

Hello kanemush , You know what... You just Opened my eyes... I ordered Bosmere Coir Chips Brick, Set of 4 >>> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosmere-Coir-Chips-Brick-Set-of-4/47300963 ... I thought it was coco coir, No Wonder it was so chunky....  This is my first grow. I am Glad that I only used one jar out of the 4 . So now I have to order COCO COIR and make sure sure it COCO COIR. I wonder if its going to grow ?

--------------------
EACH ONE TEACH ONE  "Some are tools of knowledge, some are tools of power. Some are tools For power. Some are for redundancy in diverse climates mushrooms do it all."-Kilindi lyi

Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

Re: Can anyone give me advice on my 1st. Grain/Coir/Verm Grow [Re: mushroomnate]
    #24923942 - 01/18/18 06:19 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
What's in that sub?Looks chunky.

Hello mushroomnate.  I Thought that I was ordering CoCo Coir when in fact  I ordered Bosmere Coir Chips Brick, Set of 4 >>> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosmere-Coir-Chips-Brick-Set-of-4/47300963 ... I thought it was coco coir, No Wonder it was so chunky....  This is my first grow.  I am kicking myself in the butt.....  I am Glad that I only used one jar out of the 4 . So now I have to order COCO COIR and make sure sure it COCO COIR. I wonder if its going to grow ?  Its in the fruiting chamber now so I guess im going to see . I am going to order COCO COIR and make sure its COCO COIR.....LOL

--------------------

Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

#24924169 - 01/18/18 07:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I just odered some COCO Coir, I hope this is the right kind  >>>  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosmere-Compressed-Coco-Brick-Set-of-4/47300965

--------------------

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #24924188 - 01/18/18 08:07 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wilspeak said:
I just odered some COCO Coir, I hope this is the right kind  >>>  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosmere-Compressed-Coco-Brick-Set-of-4/47300965

That looks more like it, sorry to have to bust your bubble. I am not sure if it will grow some others may be able to chime in and tell us.

OfflineJayDoubleU
Monokaryon

#24924198 - 01/18/18 08:11 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely dont toss the first one untill you know its done for but youll have much better luck with coir!

Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

#24924206 - 01/18/18 08:16 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

wilspeak said:

That looks more like it, sorry to have to bust your bubble. I am not sure if it will grow some others may be able to chime in and tell us.

Thank You, I am going to see if it grows and if it does.... I will report back to this post and let you all know

--------------------

Offlinewilspeak
Strong Myz
Male User Gallery

Re: Can anyone give me advice on my 1st. Grain/Coir/Verm Grow [Re: JayDoubleU]
    #24924207 - 01/18/18 08:16 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JayDoubleU said:
Definitely dont toss the first one untill you know its done for but youll have much better luck with coir!

Thank You, I am going to see if it grows and if it does.... I will report back to this post and let you all know

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag